1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tila Tequila’s attorney: Linebacker’s story ‘spin’

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Sep 8, 2009.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-merrimanarrested&prov=ap&type=lgns

LOS ANGELES (AP)—Tila Tequila’s attorney on Tuesday called San Diego Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman’s(notes) explanation of an altercation with the reality star that led to his arrest “spin” and predicted it would be discredited.

Attorney Alan S. Gutman said in a statement that Merriman’s public comments that he was trying to protect Tequila, who he thought was drunk, amount to another attack on his client.

“Shawne Merriman and his advisors have decided that the best defense is a good offense, attacking Tila Tequila in the press with a lot of calculated spin to cover up his illegal and indefensible actions,” Gutman’s statement read.

However, society won’t tolerate a physical assaulting on a young woman who weighs 93 pounds by an All-Pro linebacker who weighs 270 pounds, he said.

Merriman was arrested early Sunday after Tequila accused him of choking and throwing her while she was at his suburban San Diego home. Tequila signed a citizen’s arrest warrant accusing Merriman of battery and false imprisonment. Both are felonies.

Tequila, whose real name is Tila Nguyen, is best known for “A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila,” which ran for two seasons on MTV. The bisexual dating show featured men and women vying for Tequila’s affections. She has also modeled for Playboy and other men’s magazines.

Prosecutors will have to decide whether to press charges, and Merriman and his attorney, Todd Macaluso, have said they expect him to be vindicated. Macaluso did not immediately return an e-mail message seeking comment Tuesday night.

Merriman issued a statement Sunday denying wrongdoing and saying he was trying to keep Tequila from leaving his home because she appeared to be intoxicated.

“I in no way caused any harm to Ms. Nguyen, however, paramedics were called and she was examined but no injuries were reported,” Merriman’s statement read.

Merriman is one of the NFL’s hardest-hitting players and is nicknamed “Lights Out” for his savage hits.

The three-time Pro Bowl selection has been getting back into shape after having season-ending knee surgery following the 2008 opener.

“It is never justifiable to brutally assault, choke, strike and imprison a woman,” Gutman wrote in the statement. “Once the truth is fully revealed, Mr. Merriman’s fantastic story of how he was trying to keep Ms. Tequila safe will be completely discredited.”

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    So does she want to explain how a guy THAT BIG was able to strangle a woman that small without leaving a single mark?

Was her only goal to gather as much sympathy as possible? She didn't really tell us anything!:icon_shrug:

3. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    FKIN HUSSIE BEEN LYIN THE WHOLE TIME WHY NOT KEEP LYIN SHES NUTHIN BUT A JIZZ RAG>>EXCUSE ME LADIES THIS ISH GOT ME BENT

4. luckeystar6

luckeystar6 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    This is how i feel. Drama queen its all about me"" I hate B$##@%es like that. Merriman save her life. That why i dont date asian. and im asian myself Go Merriman. Save the tila, Save the world.:icon_party:

5. Cisco Kid

Cisco Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1
    What's this have to do with her being asian? She ran away from her asian parents to live a more americanized lifestyle...

hollywood has the most drama if anything!

6. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Merriman would have left a mark if he strangled her.

She's full of crap- move on

7. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Her job is sensationalism and attention mongering. She makes her living by staying in the media spotlight. This is just a fact. I'd guess her ego demands such attention too. Professional Tila and personal Tila are probably one in the same.

This encounter with Merriman fits right in the wheelhouse of what makes her tick. It is perfect fuel for her career. This alone doesn't prove that the incedent didn't happen the way she said it did, but her motives are certainly in question.

IMO her lawyers have an uphill battle.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Golfboy

Golfboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Wasn't that suppose to happen yesterday? :icon_shrug:

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I hope Merriman has some good witnesses to this incident, that should put this situation to rest.

10. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I love how her idiot attorney calls her "Ms. Tequila", that should speak better of her character than "Ms. Nguyen" :no:

11. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    So now he brutally assaulted her? Without leaving a mark? Amazing.

She must be the one person in the world that doesn't swell up or bruise after getting hit.

12. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Come on…it is a well known fact that people that are allergic to alcohol have delayed reactions when it comes to bruising by a choke hold…it takes 48 to 72 hours, everyone knows that…look it up! :icon_tease:

13. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Hey, hey now. Not all Asian girls are bad. I'm asian too, Filipino to be exact and I've been happily married to a great Filipina girl for close to 14 years now.There's good and bad chicks in ALL races brah. That Tila chick is nothing but a hootchie mama, and hoochie's like her come in all flavors....(Lash said 31 to be exact lmfao....)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Amen to all that!...folks like Ms. "Tequila" should probably have a big 'ol tattoo across their forehead that says "WARNING...DAMAGED GOODS!" for people who don't get subtle hints.

Geez...what a train wreck!

15. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I guess its 32 if you count the rotating flavor of the month:lol:

I used to date alot of actresses, they're all crazy!