1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tim Russert of NBC's "Meet the Press" dead at 58...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    RIP
    I didn't agree with him very much but still my prayers to him and his family

3. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    58 years old - too damm young

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Jesus :no: :tdown:

5. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    The man was the best in the business! :yes:

R.I.P.

6. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Tim Russert dies of heart attack

NBC’s Tim Russert dies of heart attack at 58
    Washington bureau chief, ‘Meet the Press’ moderator collapsed on job

Tim Russert on the set of ‘Meet the Press’ in February 2007.
    View related photos Slide show

NBC’s Tim Russert
    The life of the political journalist
    more photos

NBC News and MSNBC
    updated 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
    WASHINGTON - Tim Russert, NBC News’ Washington bureau chief and the moderator of “Meet the Press,” died Friday after suffering a heart attack at the bureau. He was 58.

Russert was recording voiceovers for Sunday’s “Meet the Press” broadcast when he collapsed. He was rushed to Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, where resuscitation efforts were unsuccessful.

Russert’s physician, Michael Newman, said cholesterol plaque ruptured in an artery, causing sudden coronary thrombosis.

Russert had earlier been diagnosed with asymptomatic coronary artery disease, but it was well-controlled with medication and exercise, and he had performed well on a stress test in late April, Newman said. An autopsy revealed that he also had an enlarged heart, Newman said.

Russert’s death left his colleagues devastated.

He was “one of the premier political journalists and analysts of his time,” Tom Brokaw, the former longtime anchor of “NBC Nightly News,” said in announcing Russert’s death Friday afternoon. Brian Williams, managing editor and anchor of “NBC Nightly News,” called his death a “staggering, overpowering and sudden loss.”

“Meet the Press,” which he began hosting in 1991, was considered an essential proving ground in the career of any national politician.

“If you could pass the Tim Russert test, you could do something in this field,” said Howard Fineman, senior Washington correspondent for Newsweek magazine and a columnist for msnbc.com.

Tenacity and passion
    Russert was best known for his on-air tenacity as a reporter and his consuming passion for politics, which were evident during his nearly round-the-clock appearances on NBC and MSNBC on election nights.

cont...

Dam I am sad to hear this ,I liked him... I liked his style ..his passion.

7. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    I too posted a thread on his death , I missed the fact that we already had one. I was shocked to hear of his passing. He realy had a passion for politics and it showed.

He will be missed.