1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tim Tebow May Be Coming Back This Weekend

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SDRaiderH8er, Jan 17, 2012.

1. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201201/tim-tebow-makes-afc-championship-game

You probably thought you'd seen the last of Tim Tebow, for a while at least, after the Broncos' 35-point demolition at the hands of the New England Patriots in the NFL playoffs. But there's a good chance you'll be watching the Broncos quarterback again on Championship Weekend.
    CBS wants Tim Tebow to join its broadcast as a guest analyst for the AFC Championship game between New England and Baltimore.
    "We've had conversations with his (Tebow's) people," CBS Sports Chairman Sean McManus told the USA Today's Michael Hiestand. "We have a request in. We haven't heard back.
    Tebow is expected to inform the CBS suits by midweek if he'll be hanging with Bill Cowher, Boomer Esiason, Shannon Sharpe and Dan Marino on the CBS set.
    Tebow's sorry performance against the Patriots, combined with a thrilling finish between the 49ers and Saints, helped Fox beat CBS in the Saturday NFL TV ratings battle.
    As for the 2012 season, the Denver Post reports Broncos executive vice president John Elway is expected to commit to the former Heisman Trophy winner as the Broncos quarterback for the fall.

2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I guess I won't be watching the pre-game/half-time show

3. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    so if I setup my DVR for a seven second delay, can I sync up my DVR to an online radio station and turn down the audio on the ol TV and listen to on line streaming audio of the game?

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Oh damn, he is doing the game time broadcast? Blah!!!!

5. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I dont know what they have planned for him, so I am not taking any chances

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I thin sports bar, so we can talk and not listen to the TV is the best option

7. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Depends. Do you have cable or satellite? It would be a little tricky syncing things up. Also, keep in mind that streaming of NFL games isn't free, even if you go to the teams radio station.

I do have Sirius satellite radio, so I thought about do doing this for the Texans-Ravens game as Gumble & Dierdorf called that game. But I like having my surround sound booming for a game.

8. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I have Sirius also, and I have a cable DVR

9. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Here is thec thing about Tebow. Many, many players thank God and Jesus for everything but the only difference is is that Tebow SUCKS and he still thanks God and Jesus for everything.

10. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    And most that do thank god and Jesus, don't do it EVERY time they have a mic in their face. To me, religion is a very personal thing, and throwing it in everyone else's face is totally ridiculous

• Like Like x 1
  11. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I agree, I kinda would like to say to him, "ok, we got it. Now let's see your character as a man."

12. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I want to say "shut up"

• Like Like x 1
  13. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Not to mention damned annoying.

14. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    He knocked the invite back and wont be doing any TV gigs by the sound of it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,406
    Too bad......... I'm sure he had some unique insights into the game with all his years of NFL experience. ;)

16. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    The prayer circle with Shannon Sharpe stuttering his way through it would have made for good TV though. :D