1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Time of mourning is over

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    We have played two good teams. We won one ugly game, and lost one ugly game. But we have to look forward. We have to be positive. Last season we lost a game early and we were alright.

Let’s get positive and back the Chargers. We will shred the Packers, our offense will get back on track. Our defense will get things going too.

Lets get our heads right Boltsville.

:abq1: :abq2: BACK THE BOLTS!!!:abq2: :abq1:

2. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Exactly. If you asked me before the season if I could live with us being 1-1 after these first two games I would have told you Hell Yes

We are primed and ready to kick some *** and I would hate to be the Packers.

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    JUST FREAKIN' BEAT
    THE PACKERS!!!!

4. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I fixed it for you

5. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

You know I was telling a local Norcal Bolthead 1-1 would be fine but it's how we lost that one game that has everybody worried.

We'll be able to tell what's up by about 1:30 pacific on sunday. :bolt:

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Exactly!!!! :icon_evil:

7. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I started listening to a couple of interviews that I have not wanted to listen to after the game.. Now I'm getting irritated, angry, and fired up .. Let's get those cheeseheads!!

8. swishbish33

swishbish33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    The Chargers will be in first place after the Denver game.

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    That is the crux of the biscuit. It's time to nut up. They've played their six preseason games and it's time to play real football.

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Our quarterback was reeling the second half of last season and this year, well, I think it goes back further than just this season and 6 games so far.

Getting shut out offensively in both games by halftime did not happen to anyone else and that does not set well especially with an offensive guru with plenty of weapons to inflict grief.

Hearing defensive signals not getting into the players in a timely fashion and coaching paralysis on the sidelines is certainly not what we bargained for or were led to believe would be on this years menu.

Fans enjoy mitigating this to one game and a case of sour grapes ad nauseum and it goes a bit deeper.

11. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I agree with BDH, if it weren't for the National Pantsing, I wouldn't even blink an eye at 1-1.

12. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171

You're right but there's still time to fix it. Remember Tony Philip played pretty well in the playoff game when you consider VJ not dragging his foot in the endzone (man that was a sick *** throw :icon_evil: ) as well as EP's meltdown. I think Philip is pressing plain and simple. In addition against the Bears our defense was aggrressive and I don't give a crap if it was Rex; I've been screaming for a couple years for a more aggressive defense.

13. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    If these two last game were against the Duhs or Houston, then maybe I would be worried, but they were vs two really good football teams.

I will worry if we play horrible v GB and not until then.

TBF

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    We have GB and a run of 3 division opponents before the BYE with one game here at home against KC. The freaking team should sweep all of those games and it starts with the goddamm coaches and top dogs (Rivers).

I have not seen **** in innovation from the offense or defense and I certainly expected to see veteran coaches have all their **** ironed out by now. That is what the fuc-king pre-season is all about so everyone is on the same page and not dicking the dog. These are suppose to be OLD pros getting paid professional jack. These candyass'd mother fucrs are not EARNING IT when the team looks unprepared.

Sunday morning - yeah - I will be screaming my head off at the flat screen that these pricks produce or they get burned down. :icon_twisted: :bolt:

15. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171

Damn man that last game shook even the hardcore up.

We'll get some dude and it's gotta start this sunday. :bolt:

16. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I have to agree. Its time for the coaching staff to stay late to get it organized. They just don't have everyone on the same page yet.:yes:

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah, me too. We've got the same players in place (except for EP right now). So what's changed? The coaching staff. This isn't the continuity that AJ says he hired Norv for.

GB is an opportunity to get this team on track for the rest of the season. I want to see aggression on both defense & offense. MT & LT in the backfield at the same time. Three TE sets. Safety & CB blitzes. Downfiled throws to Davis & Floyd.

Plow the Pack!!! :bolt: :bolt:

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    It takes more than just one game to shake up the hardcore I would imagine. I am looking at the past TWO games(if not more).

In person, I witnessed 3 1/2 UGLY quarters of football and on TV another 3 1/2 quarters.

To me that is 7 out of 8 quarters of football which fu-king stunk.

There are 64 quarters of football to play and the season is over - kaput - finito.

If we are going to make our run, it has to start now and not later. If the coaches need more time to get in synch with the program, then we have the wrong coaches because this **** should be ironed out by now and not on the fly. That is piss poor management and someone is going to be held accountable for their jobs and his name is not Spanos.

Dean needs to take a little stroll around the watercooler and get his finger on the pulse of what is going on and then insert the concertina wire in passages that would make grown men cry for mommy. :yes:

19. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    T,... my brother, the shrink @ Folsum called, he was wondering if you were past "suicide watch".....:icon_rofl:

20. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    So, do ya want'em to win or not?? :icon_eek: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I have to wonder how the shrink at Folsom Prison has your number ? :icon_eek: :lol:

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :icon_eek:

Nice response!

:lol:

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Yes but not at the expense of me pulling my fuc-king hair out :icon_eek:

24. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    Every game will most likely be a nail biter.

I wouldn't be surprised if this season shapes up like the steelers superbowl season.

Remember they went 15-1, lost in the first round of the playoffs.

Next season, they squeak into the playoffs at 9-7 grabbing the last wildcard spot and GO ALL THE WAY !!!! :bolt: :icon_eek: :abq1: :abq2:

I see a great deal of similarity.

25. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    If that is the case, I am glad I have a shitload of hair which grows quickly. :icon_toast:

26. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    We should all shave our heads in protest.

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    You are part of the Flying Dutchman's crew?

Also why wasnt it called the swimming Dutchamn, sines it never flew?

28. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    Remember also that Rivers is part of a trio of quarterbacks all from the same class - Rivers, Rothelesberger, and sheli.

Rothlesberger in his first year starting leads his team to a 15-1 record on the strong running game of Jerome Bettis. The steelers get eliminated early in the playoffs.

Rothlesberger then comes back his second year and again behind the running of Jerome Bettis, the steelers barely squeak into the playoffs (grabbing the 6th seed) going all the way.

Rivers, in his first year starting leads the team to a 14-2 record behind the strong running game of LT. The Chargers lose early in the first round, giving the game away with a multitude of mistakes.

There is no doubt in my mind that this season will be very similar to Rothlesbergers second season.

Coincidence ? I wonder. :icon_huh: :icon_eek: