1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

TIME TO CALM THE HELL DOWN!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Sep 17, 2007.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I'm going to hit a few points right now and I want you morons who are panicking to calm the hell down.

1. Philip Rivers- he has struggled against the Bears and the Pats.....Guess what, PEYTON MANNING HAS TOO! throughout his entire carrer! Even the best struggle against those defenses.
    The fix- Time, he's not as ready as we all thought he was for the big games. Just be patient, I expect he'll pull out of it no later than THIS YEAR. Probably mid-season.

2. Norv Turner- Had a good gameplan last night, our WR's were open all night if you didnt notice. So you cant blame this on them. Where this man falls short is exactly where we knew he would, he does not motivate well. But that doesnt mean its time to fire him.
    The fix- This loss was a smack in the face to the players, the week of national embarrassment is all the motivation they'll need for the rest of this season.

3. LaDanian Tomlinson- Hey, after the first 4 games last year wern't there a bunch of fools running around saying LT was washed up, lets go with Michael Turner???? YESSSSSS!!!!! And look what happend, he became the MVP.
    The fix- The incredibly talented O-line needs to bounce back, thats pretty much it.

4. O-line- We have 3 maybe 4 Pro Bowlers on this line, I have no idea where you guys get off on doubting them. They will bounce back, they always do.
    The fix- refer to #3.

5. Defense- We were playing against the most loaded offense (other than the Bengals) in the entire NFL with an injured Jamal Williams, what did you expect?
    I have two concerns, one is how Jammer played with his head in his *** the whole night and didnt even lay a hand on Moss, we all know Moss struggles with physical corners, and there is no more physical corner in the league than Jammer.
    Also Clinton Hart needs to be fired, this guy is worse than Terrance Kiel ever was. He has nothing, absolutely nothing.

The fix- Start Weddle who has looked good early. And trust that Ted Cottrell noticed what happened to his corners last night, and will work on it in practice. Its so much better that this happened early in the season.

• Like Like x 1
  2. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I guess you've seen it all now. hahahaha

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    at least your speaking something akin to truth

4. stone86

stone86 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25
    I was definitely bummed about the loss. However, I wasn't expecting them to go 14 - 2 this year. In my opinion they needed the smack in the face. If they lose next week, it's time to start panicking hahaha.

jk

5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I understand why this needed it's own thread. It's light years differrent than the "Get your sh!t together" thread that everyone else was posting in.

Differences: The title, for one. Oh, and the thread starter.

Likenesses: Every single other aspect of it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Well good for the "get your **** together" thread.
    I just decided to put it in my own awesome way.
    Hahahahahahaha

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    It looks like everyone went in a tizzy over a question I posed "Should we bench Philip Rivers?"

Of course that got turned into you want him benched.

leisure admitted he did not have the balls to start such a thread so his bopsy twin MTL saw an opening to go romper room with it and so did Conc.

Now what I further hinted at was that if Rivers finds himself in the same spot as the last two games with INTs and no score at halftime and the Packers defensive lineman leading all our receivers, Uncle Norv better be looking to Volek which means Rivers sits down. We could wait another game but if the results are the same, hey, the coach needs to pull the trigger for the good of the team and the player.

Yeah, I pimped Rivers as the Chosen One and I have not backed off from that position despite the ramblings of others. I think the fact I am one of Rivers biggest backers and shocked more people when I suggested something such as a benching has more to do with it. People wanting to say it is chicken little-ism and all that is bullshiit. I saw what a benching did to Brees. Dude came back on fire and there is no reason Rivers could not be benefiting in the same fashion.

Again, if at halftime Rivers is tanking in Green Bay, Norv needs to do something and as unpalatable as it may sound - too bad.

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Flip-flop...

Watch Trumpy do the Tezxas two step....

Witness the dance of the Drew Brees of BoltTalk...

Dance Trumpy Dance...

9. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    When you see TRADE RIVERS THREADS started by me, then you have grounds to biitch and moan like some PMS'ing chick but until then, you have zero basis to even open z pie hole.

You do not approve of the tough love approach and that is exactly what it is plus the fact you think you have cornered the market on the I gotcha clownisms. That is weak.

10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Calm the hell down :lol: :abq2:

11. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

Some truth, some Bull...first the WR were not open, they NEVER are. This group of WR's is one of the worst in the league...why do you suppose both D's we have faced have put eight in the box THE ENTIRE GAME? It's because these WR's are not feared by any defense with halfway decent DB's. Jackson and Floyd would be cut by most teams, and Davis is going to need some experience before he makes a big enough impact.
    Watching these two games it's easy to see the game plan that the Bears handed the Pat's (and next the Pack)...eight in the box, stop LT first (not much our O line can do with that) Single coverage on the WR's & TE, this means Gates will get his, and the WR's will get a couple 10-15 yarder.

Just as it was with Brees, it is with Rivers, without a running game, and or WR's that can get open and make the D move that extra man back out into coverage, HE WILL STRUGGLE.
    You put someone like R Moss on this team, playing the way he is now, and all these offensive problems go away. Because now you have to double team one WR (or Gates) and single cover the others...this leaves seven in the box. The running game starts to work, and part of the load is lifted from Rivers and he can play with less stress knowing he's got help...right now it's all on him and Gates.
    OR perhaps Turner needs to go to 3 WR's with Gates out wide, and MAKE the defense step out of the box. However this is not a fix, and they just can't do it all game long.
    We do need EP back, while not someone who needs double teaming, he is a true second option that can get open more than the others.

12. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Most of us are calm we're just pissed. We had better see miles of improvement this sunday or T-Man is right we're gonna start burning **** down. I've heard clips of a couple of Norv's press conferences and even the media is grilling this guy already because the performance on the field has been that bad.

13. dmercado70

dmercado70 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    this might help out ..

with a power house like lorenzo .. we should get rid of the eye formation .. and start snapping the ball from a shotgun .. with the offencive line getting their but chewed out cause of the lack of pass protection we will get this going !?!

our QB will eventualy be fine though phillip rivers may need to sign up for ballet cause we all know he is no fred astaire when it comes to the hustle ( drop back/pass ) and besides that i just bought a 70+ dollar phillip rivers jersey for the new seasone ? :tup:

===================================================
    the earth will quake as the heavens reign above the charger blue skies !!!

14. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Hey! Jammer didn't play physical because our defensive formations didn't have him near Moss until after catch!

• Like Like x 1
  15. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    ok, I don't know where this comment should fit in so I'm just gonna put it in this thread: I've seen mention of Randy Moss being back to his elite status. The truth is that even Reche would have been wide open on Sunday and made those plays, because nobody would have been covering him either!! The gameplan implemented by Cottrell was fuc'd. The tackling was atrocious. And Dobbins and Cooper were a fuggin' mess underneath in coverage.

The TD to Moss on the left side was laughable. Any one of our WRs would have been open b/c dumbasss d-flo couldn't take his eyes off the golden boy QB long enough to know there was a receiver going deep behind him!!! Moss didn't do anything special. He just ran straight up the field completely untouched!! So let's just get off Moss being all-world... no one's tried to jam him in two weeks!!!

The Patriots are playing at the highest level a team can possibly be right now. But these Chargers haven't even sniffed their potential peak yet. They will get it together and hopefully peak at the right time. I just hope it's during the rematch in the playoffs!!!

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The Packers are all giddy about this encounter. :icon_evil:

I am calm right now and am thinking clearly - yeah clearly. :icon_eek:

The freaking Bic lighter is out and I am checking the fluid levels. This biitch will BURN in so many ways that the Patriots cheating scandal will seem like childs play in comparison .... :yes: :icon_eek:

17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Maybe burning stuff isn't the right thing to do RIGHT NOW in California. :icon_shrug: :lol:

18. imported_Bolt_Attack

imported_Bolt_Attack BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I agree partially on the Rivers comments, although he does need to learn to look off his receivers to throw defenses off. Also, his accuracy seems to be off which could be partially issues related to lack of blocking by the O-line.

As far as the WR's go, I am not sure what game you watched however they couldn't get separation all night. That is part of the issues for Rivers. He really has only one real target other than LT, which is Gates. Madden and Al Michaels talked about the issues in reference to our receivers all night. And that is all has been talked about all day Monday, the lack of stretching the field and having a legitimate outside threat so they don't crowd the box.

I blame a lot of the issues on Norv. The team has not been properly prepared and looks to have a lack of discipline. It starts with the coach.

The O-line.....not sure what is going on here. They are capable, they just need to get their stuff together.

The secondary seemed to be out of position all game. And what is with not at least bumping Moss to through off their timing and Moss of his route. Part of the issues can be assessed to new coaching and schemes, however there were several blown coverages.

19. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195

For me it is.

20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    This is California. It is blasphemy to suggest we burn nothing. :icon_twisted:

21. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    As long as it doesn't impact my mountain biking or backpacking trails... go right ahead. Otherwise, we gonna have a problem. :icon_twisted:

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Hmmmm...but the National Forests = free land to grow dope. :lol:

23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I like your optimism but every aspect you stated about is ALL on the coach.

No, I'm not throwing in the towel on this season but so far, what I feared might happen with Norv at the helm is happening at the speed of light and worse.
    Right now, River's confidence is shattered and that's ALL on Norv!!!

A win in Green Bay will shed some light on this situation and we got the players for it!!! :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

24. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :lol: Shiiiit... all you need is a goddam medicinal marijuana card and you can grow it at home. Easier to get one of those than it is a library card up in these parts! The Northstate is very greeeeen right now!!

25. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I got one but the thought of all my beautiful taxpayer land going to waste on wildlife is not complete for the wildlife without the **** to trip on. I do enjoy my jungle tho. :lol: :abq2:

26. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Do you have any other comments?

For pages and pages, post after post, thread after thread..

"It's all on Norv" "He is the worst HC of ALL TIME".

Give it a fukin rest or take some meds.

27. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    hey trumpie
    how's your head?