1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Time to let the Front Office know what Boltheads are thinking

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, Oct 6, 2008.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I'm sure it won't help, but it made me feel better!!!

:lol:

http://www.chargers.com/contact-us/front-office.php

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

After 5 weeks into the season I think it’s safe to point out a few things:

1. It’s become painfully obvious that our Bolts are underachieving. For whatever reason we come out every game flat, with no emotion, looking like we’re still in training camp. I understand that injuries have been a huge factor early this season but would it be to much to ask that the players who are healthy to at least LOOK like they are trying?

2. From a fan watching on TV with no coaching skills except for armchair, I EVEN KNEW WE WOULD RUN LT UP THE MIDDLE ON 4th & 1! You might want to explore other options than the obvious.

3. Our play calling is just too predictable (again, from an armchair perspective)

4. Our defense appears to lake heart. When did they forget how to tackle?

5. Our defensive game plan of” bend but don’t break and pray for a turnover” doesn’t seem to be working.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE correct these things before we see our season go down the drain before we know it.

Thank you
    Bolt fan since 1961

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    So too did the Dolphins. What you do on that play is set it UP like you're going to run it up the gut, run play action and roll out and throw it to Gates or Manu going to the right. That play ALWAYS works!!! I'm shocked Norv didn't do that one. It worked in Cincy 2 years ago. Oh, Norv wasn't here......:icon_sad:

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    From an interview by the NC Times-

What hurt even more than the toe was the failure to gain 1 yard on the first play of the final quarter. The Chargers had fourth-and-goal from the Dolphins' 1-yard line and were attempting to tie the score, but Tomlinson was stopped for no gain.

"It was one of our favorite plays down there, and we had been doing it and (been) successful in doing it," Tomlinson said. "But they get paid too, and they did a good job of snuffing out the play. They got penetration and they were able to stop us."

The important part is favorite play followed closely by and we had been doing it and (been) successful in doing it. It was the correct play to call, it was poorly executed.

4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    TIME TO GROW UP AND PLAY LIKE CHAMPIONS.

I COULD SMELL THE STENCH OF APATHY COMING THROUGH MY HI-DEF SIGNAL ON SUNDAY.

:bolt:

5. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Yeah, but that might be the problem. I'm sure the Dolphins coaching staff knew that we like to run that play, and perhaps that's why LT never got out of the backfield.

6. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    QFT

:tup:

7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Is that another way of saying poor execution??

8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    As to the title of the thread, jes send'em the links to any Chargers forum so they can see the total meltdown. Be sure emphasize the Norv Sucks threads/posts from b4l.

9. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I'm with you on the poor execution, but I can also see the possibility that in the defensive meeting last week, Dolphins coaches may have shown some footage and said "here's something they like to do when they get on the goalline."

But, I think your offensive line should ALWAYS be able to pick up 1 yard. After all, they have the advantage of knowing when the ball is going to be snapped if nothing else.

10. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

now T,

don't blow this thing out of proportion,

Don't sit there and tell me you aren't frustrated with this teams performance.

Meltdown? No.

Frustrated? hell yes

:tup:

11. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86

and they knew LT was playing with a hurt toe and he wouldnt go over the top for a for sure score, time for LT to man up

12. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Well if your sitting on a fastball and get it, you get a real good swing on it, right?

13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    'Course I'm frustrated, and angry; but I'm not all about firing coaches and blowing up this team. Nor am I gonna be part of the piling on.

But alla y'all feel free to do so if y'all wanna. It's y'alls right. :rolleyes2:

14. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :rolleyes2:

15. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    The key is getting a good swing on it and hitting it on the sweet spot. That didn't happen on that play, as far as the Chargers and their fans're concerned.