1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Time to rally.....................

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Jamesboltz21, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Jamesboltz21

Jamesboltz21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Alright this is B/S. I'm sick in tired of being a fan here and not being heard. We pay high ticket prices, and have one of the lowest paid rosters in the NFL. It pisses me off that other fans around the league give us sh!t about our black outs and don't even know the situation. Most of all, I'm sick of seeing Norv and AJ destroy a superbowl contending team on a annual basis. We as fans need to rally up and go to chargers park and send a message, because clearly the owners, GM, and HC don't give a SH!t about what you think........ we did it with martyball we can do it with Norv turnover.......

2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    The only message that will work is to stop spending your money on the team. Once Dean's pocket starts to get hit, he will take notice. Until he starts losing money, we will let AJ do what ever he wants

3. Chieffan1187

Chieffan1187 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    The Cleveland Browns fans did it a couple years ago with results..Romeo did get fired..However the ultimate plan was to get a contender in the Dog Pound..So far no luck.

4. Jamesboltz21

Jamesboltz21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Half the stadium is owned by businesses, there is no money lost with a low paid roster and they know that. People are still gonna go to games just like gas prices are not going any lower. If the majority of people road there bikes to work it might impact fuel prices, same thing with the chargers, but the likelihood of that happening is minute.

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415
    I'm sorry, but I'm not going to deprive myself of the experience of going to football games on the very slim chance that it might convince ownership to make a change.

Especially since that desired change doesn't guarantee future success.

6. Jamesboltz21

Jamesboltz21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Thats the problem ^ right here, we all have the balls to talk sh!t here in the comfort of the forum, but we cant get out of our comfort zone and make some sh!t happen.. We the fans can turn this around with ease..Any one got ball let me know and we can get this thing started. There are to many good charger fans here in San Diego that are going to die before they see a superbowl win..

7. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    We just tried this past weekend to do that and no one outside of a couple of Bolt Pride people were even interested. I am a member of several other Chargers websites, and we did have a rally a couple of years ago with a news truck and all, but it seemed more of an amusement than a rally. 12 people showing up doesn't do it. You need the support of the Charger fans community, and it isn't there. People would rather sulk than do something about it. You also have the fair-weather fans and the band-wagoners. I haven't seen so many bodies falling off the wagon since the plague... Winning brings them back and fills the stands. Supposed Chargers fans are desperately trying to sell off their tickets to Patsie fans for the highest dollar, because they already believe that the good ship Charger has sunk. If you have a way that will bring true Charger fans to the Bolt's HQ, let me know, because right now not even offers of money or hookers will bring anyone near that place... Good luck to you if you can somehow manage it, and if you need help I will share what information I can to see it through.

Pointy

8. Jamesboltz21

Jamesboltz21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    We show up to chargers park when they win RIGHT..................Well why dont we make a statement as Sports Fans and Bolts Fans........and show up like we do during a big win to chargers park.......the media would eat this up and it would most likely force the chargers (spanos and aj) to confront the issues that we as fans have........not saying it would work.....but its better than doing nothing......RIGHT

9. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Read previous post.

10. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    This is exactly the attitude that prevents people from making big changes in the world! If enough people get together to bring about change, then change can happen! But it doesn't cos most people say "Its to hard" or "it wont work" ...hence it doesn't

11. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    /facepalm

Show me where it has worked and ill take this more seriously

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,415
    Can you guarantee me two things?

1) That we can get enough people behind it to make an impact

and

2) That it will work?

13. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,415
    Call me selfish but I don't give a ****.

I know there aren't enough fans willing to get behind that kind of movement so why should I deprive myself of the experience?

If I saw enough people willing to get behind it I may change my tune, but in the meantime it's a futile effort and the only one that would be hurt by me joining the cause would be me and any of the other relatively few involved.

And let's say it does work and Spanos fires everyone. Then what? Are we guaranteed to see a Super Bowl winning team now?

14. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    You answered your own question right there.

15. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    QFT

the selfish part :icon_tease:

16. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Someone already stated it, but it should be re-stated: The loudest noise you can make is that of silence. This includes how your time and dollars are spent. Yes. This is the simplified version. And yes it will never happen. But, your protest outside of Chargers Headquarters mid-way through the season also will not work.

It's best to just let this season play out. If they miss the playoffs then you've got a good backdrop for a message.

Personally, I went numb before the season started so I'm able to laugh at this team's ridiculous approach. Then again, it's not like this is one of the most talented teams in the league anymore. So this start shouldn't really be all that surprising.

17. Jamesboltz21

Jamesboltz21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    We're talking about a miniscule effort by "us" the fans. I'm almost positive this forum took more effort to create than it would take someone to get off there *** an be heard. Come On Now!! Like voting, there is always someone who says that there vote wont make a difference, but the fact of the matter is, is that if there are enough like-minded individuals on a single topic, ultimately change is inevitable.

18. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    ok, send me a plane ticket, I'm in

19. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,733
    And don't forget to stop by Henry's Marketplace, tomatoes are on sale 2 lbs for 3 bucks. In case you feel the need to throw something at the windows or doors to Chargers Park...

20. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    then let your voice be heard!

BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let the boo birds rock the joint this sunday!

21. Jamesboltz21

Jamesboltz21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    who the hell wants to pay for a ticket, to watch a potential super bowl contending team, so they can boo????? Especially in a bad economy..... If you want to burn your money I'll put my number out there so you can just call me and donate it. I could use it.... Free expression is, well, FREE!!!!

22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,415
    Let's take a step back and realize what we're talking about here.

It's not like we're talking about children going hungry or people being sent off to war or something important in the grand scheme of things.

This is just the NFL. As much as I hate to see the Chargers lose and as much as I hate to see an incompetent head coach keep his job it's still just football.

I refuse to deprive myself of what little opportunities I get to watch it live and spend time tailgating with friends in a vain, futile effort to try and control how the Chargers are ran.

Although, re-reading the first post, I see that you're not really calling for the usual don't-attend-the-games protest here so I'm not really responding to you specifically, James. But the boycott protest has been mentioned in this thread and that's what I'm responding to.

If I lived in San Diego and had the free time on my hands I wouldn't mind getting behind a rally if that's all you're asking for.

23. Jamesboltz21

Jamesboltz21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    I got luv for you guys,lol
    It would just be nice if the fans here in SD got a good return on investment once in awhile, considering every fan of the NFL pays for everything: tickets, food, beer, merchandise, tailgates, parking. I'm not asking for a "boycott", just a friendly reminder who pays the bills.

24. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    I think its time for Norv to man the hell up and start running a "no huddle" offense.

Its time for some inovation, some fire, some pizzaz, something to get the players excited. I'd like to see us mix in more short range passing plays to compliment our deep passing game, and some traps and counters to the running game rather than just running strait up the damn middle.

25. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    What about the Padres? Can we do this for the Padres?

26. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,415
    When they just overachieved and nearly missed the playoffs in a year they were supposed to lose 100 games?

I'd wait to see how they respond this offseason and next year before overreacting.

edit: and by "how they respond this offseason" I don't mean we should expect them to be major players in free agency.