1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Time Warner and NFL network?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    Anyone know if TW will ever get NFL network? Last year I got ATT&T just to have NFL network, but the service sucked. I really can care less about the NFL Network, but I am getting screwed out of games! :tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Nope. TW wants it in a "premium" tier, NFL network doesn't. Combine the two = stalemate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Get direcTV...

4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Now that the Comcast deal is done, Time Warner is next. The Comcast deal was the blueprint. I'd put money on TW getting NFL Network in their regular extended cable plan by this time 2010.

Or you could tell TW to f off and go with satallite :D I hate TW tho so...

5. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I just got Verizon FIOS at our new house and they have NFL network as basic.
    Having watched it I can tell you that it is basically the C*cks*king Patriots & Cowboys ballwashing network 95% of the time.:tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Well...wait until the Vikings Friday Favre deadline approaches.

7. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    And you get to listen to that tool Rich Eisen talk about his Twitter account all the time. I don't even use Twitter and I am sick to death of it.

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Total access gets good when the season arrives. They have some good replays and special programs like their top 10 shows. But during the off season I mainly use the DVR because they are desperate to have anything to talk about, so Pats and Cows...

9. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Could they TW and The NFL just get the damm network on for us subscribers. Enough is enough.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I got it on Cox HD (772) in San Diego. Man, don't know what I'd do without NFL Network (HD).

11. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Yes, I skip all the Favre crap, Vick crap, and anything else that looks like I don't need to see it. It rarely takes me more than a few minutes to FFWD through.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Exactly. DVR is your friend in the offseason for sure. It's just like ESPN - there's almost nada to talk about so they focus on the "tried and true" major market storylines for ratings and toss the rest of us a bone every so often.

The offseason on NFL Network is better than ESPN tho (imho) ESPN is obssessed with Yanks/Sox (ugh!) so at least on NFL network it's all football which I care more about than any other sport :icon_shrug:

NFLTA has some fun stuff too, like yesterday they did a segment at Chargers Park and had on Jay Mohr. Granted Mohr was pushing Snickers but it was still funny. I'm a big fan of their top 10 lists, game replays and live wire - during the season it's 10bazillion times better.

13. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    That's no different then NFL Live on ESPN.

Favre/Vikings, Cowgirls, Cheatroits/Brady's Daily Knee update, Giants and Jets.

The rest of the NFL doesn't seem to exists for these clowns.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Time Warner is a over priced network with limited service. There are a bunch better, including Cox.

You should get something else, most have NFL network and your pretty much getting a better deal whoever you go with.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    FWIW, I am paying the same for for TW, as I did for AT&T. AT&T sucked. It had NFL network. I really don't have a lot of time to watch TV, so I really didn't watch NFL network too much. The only reason I wish I had it, is for the games that are exclusively played on that channel.