1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Titan Fans Going Off On How They Should Have Won The Game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by imported_Bolt_Attack, Dec 10, 2007.

1. imported_Bolt_Attack

imported_Bolt_Attack BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    It seems as though we shouldn't have won the game (according to the Titan's fans) due to the non catch by Chambers. I will admit, it was questionable however they had several opportunities to still win it and didn't, so I say f*** them!

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32257

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    There was one replay angle which showed the ball in contact with the ground but the receiver had a couple of fingers under the nose of the ball. The ball appeared to be a trapped ball and in that case should have been called incomplete.

A case could made on the miracle play by Wilhelm's forearm to deflect a pass which would have given the Titans a first down allowing them to kill the clock and win the game. The Titans did not execute and Wilhelm got a bit lucky. He guessed right on his arm placement so props to him but the Titans had the game won on that play.

3. Bolt Action

Bolt Action BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    They seem pretty convinced it wasn't a catch and supposedly the news stations had some secret sattelite camera shots that clearly showed the ball hitting the ground.:icon_huh:

Oh well, we've been screwed enough on bad calls that I don't feel the least bit sorry for them. Hell they made it to a Super Bowl on a blown call IMO.

4. imported_Bolt_Attack

Ratings:
    +5
    That is not good enough to overturn the call on the field. Just because a ball hits the field does not automatically constitute an incompletion. As long as the ball was caught and in control prior to it touching the ground it is a complete pass. There is no way to see that from that camera angle. Who knows, could the ref who had the other view and called the play complete maybe have seen that Chambers had his hands under the ball and had maintained control of it prior to it touching the ground? Know one really knows. So it is pure speculation on anyones part to say otherwise.

5. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Titans SHOULD have won the game. That was an incomplete pass to Chambers. The ref just didn't have the balls to lay down his authoritah.

6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Thanks for proving my point.

Anyone with half a brain (i.e. Dan Dierdorf) could see that the video evidence was inconclusive. Did he catch it? I don't know. Did it hit the ground? I don't know. But I do know there was no conclusive video evidence to justify overturning the call.

7. imported_Bolt_Attack

Ratings:
    +5
    That is your opinion of the angle you saw it. Obviously the ref was not so sure hence the decision to not turn it over. I will agree it was questionable however who really knows unless you were there on the field or had better angles to look at it.

8. imported_Bolt_Attack

Ratings:
    +5
    Exactly!

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    'Zactly!

Didn't they also miss a gimme FG? Didn't mean much at THAT time. But it did in the end.

10. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I think the call by the ref was a good one, no conclusive evidence to overturn the call on the field, to me, it looked like Chambers could've secured the ball by the tip of the ball while some part of it touched the ground, but like someone said, the ball can touch the ground if it's controlled by the reciever

Then again if it where the other way around we would be screaming bloody murder :abq2:

11. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    The ref didn't have the nutsack to call personal fouls when players clearly warranted them. He is a loser ref with no confidence, ticky tack rule enforcer. If I am the ref that is an incomplete pass because I saw indisputable video evidence that the receiver did not have possession of the ball. When the truck loaded up the replay and they went back and forth, back and forth with certain frames, it was abundantly clear that it was an incomplete pass. If this happened to the Chargers you would be pissed as hell. Homerism rules on this message board though, right?

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    It looked incomplete to me although we did not have a kickass TV shot. I think Chamber knew by his post game comments, he got away with one and further serves to prove that AJ is freaking GOD.

The ref just did not have a good look and neither did the replay cameras.

Anyway, if the Titans wanted to win the game, we gave them a chance in overtime.

13. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Did they ref initially make the correct call? I dunno. Did they have enough evidence to overturn the call that was made? No.

Sucks for them, but what can you do? Nothing. EVERYONE is getting hosed by the refs during this season, unfortunately for the Titans it was on a game ending play.

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    No way jose. How many times you heard me say Olivea sucks GI?

15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I agree w/ you on this, whoever that ref is he is one of the pussiest refs in the NFL. We ALWAYS get pwn3d by his crew. He's probably the worst ref and runs the worst crew in the league.

edit: I rule @ google:

2007 East (says it all) Crew D

Referee: 63 - Bill Carollo
    Umpire: 129 - Bill Schuster
    Head Linesman: 21 - John Schleyer
    Line Judge: 108 - Gary Arthur
    Field Judge: 98 - Bill Lovett
    Side Judge: 95 - James Coleman
    Back Judge: Phil Luckett

NFL Worst ref of the year goes too...[​IMG]

16. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Dude...I still don't get you...

TBF

17. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Yeah, I was way off base when I said you were a ****-stirrer. You never say anything to try and pizz people off, like, say, posting a comment that insults every member of Bolttalk.

When you and Leisure are in top form, arrogance and petty insults reign.

Seeing the ball move in Chambers hands does not equal conclusive evidence of an incompletion. Conclusive evidence of an incompletion = the ball hitting the ground. Where is the video frame that shows the ball hitting the ground?

Did the Chargers get lucky because of the camera angles? Yes, because they did not show conclusive video evidence of an incompletion. Was it an incompletion? The evidence is inconclusive. The ref might have sucked for the rest of the game, but he got this call right.

I guess the announcers must have been Chargers homers, too, since they saw the same thing that I did.

18. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Catch or no, Chambers was rewarded for a tremendous "catch." :yes:

19. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    ZACTLY! Great addition to the team! AJ did it again!:tup:

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    If the tables were turned, we'd probably be speaking the same way.

21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Probably so, but the ball bounced our way this time. Refs are part of the game, too, whether we always like their calls or not.

The Titans had chances to put the game away. They helped to keep us in it & we won. Let 'em whine all they want. The "W" is on our side. :tup:

22. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    they have this photo

[​IMG]

where they point to the ball, I'm not a poster there but looking at the video at nfl.com (about the 2:50 mark), THAT'S NOT THE BALL!!! that's the side of his pants right next to the white stripe where the lightning bolt is. (EDIT : that's actually the lightning bolt on the side of the pants)

P.S. also posted photo to show that Phillips did not horse collar Brown

Attached Files:

23. imported_Bolt_Attack

Ratings:
    +5
    ok, I guess you are the all knowing and could clearly see every angle on the play. It does appear that the ball hit the ground, however we don't know if Chambers had possession prior to that because of the camera angle and that we did not see the initial catch. If you have a camera angle showing the initial catch and trap I will be glad to side with you, otherwise it was the correct call by the official reviewing the play.

24. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Bingo. Even the Titans fans around us agreed that that angle (we had it on the big screen at the stadium) wasn't conclusive either way. Whatever the call on the field was had to stand.

That's football.

25. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We've been on the wrong end of plenty of these. Kharma, whether he caught it or not, for the cheap shots.

26. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Dear Titans Fans,

GET
    OVER
    IT

You lost!

Love,
    Charger fans

27. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    If you took those photos of Chambers catch and showed them to a guy on the street, there is no way he would be able to tell you if the ball hit the ground. No phucking way.

28. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Karma ......

Besides the cheap shot karma that killed the Titans, they seriously upset the Football Gawds.

Why? Because their cheerleaders came out after halftime in sweatsuits that covered up 95% of their skin. That's a major no-no for getting on the good side of the Football Gawds.

I leaned over to both sdbound and ftwbolt and told them during the third quarter that SD would win this game, simply based on the cheerleaders outfits. All this worrying about balls on the turf and such could have been avoided by simply showing some leg and cleavage.

29. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I was thinking lendale white pissed karma off