1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Titans OL?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by pgreenbe305, Jan 3, 2008.

1. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Besides Mawae, do you guys think the Titans OL is that good, and what OL's have we seen that you think posed a greater challenge?

Also, hasn't Mawae been hurt, and does anyone know his status. If we can get to VY/ KC, then I think our D is able to win this game for us.

2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Mawae is not as good as he used to be. At this point in his career he's overrated. I'm not really impressed with TN's OL. We were without Igor, Jamal, Castillo and Merriman for large portions of our first meeting with them and we still contained their running game pretty effectively.

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Castillo is gonna be huge in this game. He didn't play 4 weeks ago, so their OL has no idea what's in store. Once our DL shuts down their running game, it'll be Kerry Collins throwin' all day long. And that means plenty of picks for the #1 INT team in the NFL. :yes:

4. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Vince Young can not be counted out of the game yet.

But we can not discount the Titans OL because they were able to allow some running room for there RB's in the last game we had with them. That is for the Titans running game.

The passing game for the Titans was in my opinion just OK when they blocked against us. They had some success but again not enough to win the game for them last time.

5. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    They have an average O line in my opinion. Roos is a decent LT. Stewart is a real brawler and not afraid to get dirty. But he can be had by Castillo. Our D line will win the battle of the trenches with a rested Jamal and a healthy Castillo, not to mention a greatly improved Olshansky.

I don't think it matters if Mawae plays or not, I don't believe there will be a big drop off were he to be out (which I doubt he will play).

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    If VY plays, then our chances for INTs just doubles. I don't believe he gives them the best chance to win.

Castillo was out last time. I think that made a huge difference in their running game. The Chargers will load up on the run this time and force them to throw in bad weather. That will be the difference this time around, too. They can't throw the ball.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    their two tackles, Roos and Stewart, are solid but unspectacular players. Roos is much better at pass blocking stewart at run blocking. Even if Mawae is slowing down he's always shown the ability to handle Jamal Williams - call it technique or cheating or whatnot but he's always done it.

8. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I heard on FSR that Odom was questonable due to his back. In any case Merriman is pissed and he will not let up this time when Vince Young runs into him.

Vince Young will be blowing snot bubbles by halftime.

This is going to be a fun game to watch.

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Even if Young plays, he's going to be less mobile than normal because of the quadriceps injury. If he can't run, Fischer would be a fool to play him, but since he's their starter he's just liable to be the first QB on the field. I'd test him and blitz early and often. A couple of early turnovers would put them in a hole.

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Just heard a stat on Sirius NFL Radio: When Merriman gets 2 or more sacks in a game, the Chargers are 11-1. :icon_eek:

He got to VY twice last time. He's gonna eat those QBs alive, especially now that Castillo will be comin' full steam from the opposite side. I see non-stop 8 man fronts with blitzes from all angles. :icon_party:

11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Merriman had two sacks in a quarter and a half last game. He was owning the Titanettes.

What our previous game with TN showed us is that we have nothing to fear out of the Titans offense. They have no wide receivers that scare you, so I expect us to crowd the LOS and be very aggressive.

12. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Very Nice! Very Nice! I don't think it matters who plays QB. Collins or a wounded VY. We're coming full steam and bringing the heat and that's going to turn into sacks and INT's (Cro). I think we'll stuff Chris Brown (not the singer...the premature TD celebrator) and Lendale Weight too. I don't think our boys forgot that little TD Mocking he did in Tenn. Talk about immature. :icon_evil:

13. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347

I love it when a plan comes together.