1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

TMQ rips Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Aug 19, 2008.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Specially Norv, and a little dig at Philip

link

Does like the city, the unis and the cheerleaders though

2. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    He's looking at "total yards" rankings and applying significance to them. He's a ball-watcher with no real insight into the game.

We were fifth in the league in points scored and fifth in fewest points allowed. But he's looking at how many yards we accumulated and gave up. Damn that Mike Scifres and that Darren Sproles! If they weren't so good at putting our offense on a short field and our defense on a long one, maybe our "rankings" would be higher!

Hey, idiot reporter! Do you suppose the love we get nationally might have something to do with the fact that 11 of our players are recent pro-bowlers and about 4 more are on the cusp? Naaaah.... you're right... it's all about the powder blues.

And oh-by-the-way, we got to the AFC Championship game after an HUGE upset on the road in Indy.

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

That guy is an *** faced dik wad

:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

4. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Dude! That was last season. It's a whole new year...nuf said

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I usually like Easterbrook, but he's pretty much full of **** on this one. He should take some time to do some research. The Chargers are 27-9 over the last two years. That's no fluke. Using total yards stats to make a case is pretty stupid. The Chargers won two playoff games and came very close to beating the Pats, despite injuries to their top three offensive players. And they accomplished all of this with Norv as their coach. The Chargers are easily one of the five best teams in the league.

6. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Blasphemy to sports writers, Brady and Bronco fans.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    he doesn't even make a point outside of being a cranky pissy little beyatch

8. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Every piece of that editorial was worthless. He's a terrible writer. Almost every sentence was a backhanded compliment or outright slap in the face. I mean he started reaming teams for using shotgun too much. What a tool...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    No one would write an article like that unless

(1) The boss says, "Hey, we need a piece that's critical of the Chargers to provide some offset against all that Super Bowl hype. Throw something together", or

(2) a Charger Girl laughed at him for having a small penis, so now he tries to embarrass the team.

Take your pick. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  10. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I like TMQ, read him every tuesday (all 1,000,000 words of it) but although some of his critizism of Norv is valid (punting late in the fourth quarter) some is just crap, at the start of last year Norv deserved it, but not at the end nor at this time.

11. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    I'm going to guess number 2 because he obviously has the same credibility in journalism as Mike Epps

12. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    It couldn't be helped; once she spent the night with me there was no going back. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    If this writer is so ****ing brilliant why isn't he out there coaching teams to Super Bowl after Super Bowl?
    He's in the wrong line of work.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    dont know what this guy is watching but we very rarely get love and when we do get some love there is allways a shot at us in the end the"YEAH BUT" eff this guy the SM loves the cheats,cowpies,donks,bret favre,dolts/PM,,faiders.
    the Chargers are the red headed step child of the
    NLF

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    tuesday morning quarterback btw is ESPN's version of the Onion. so we are taking this seriously why?

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I would say "Embrace the hate" but I don't want anyone to get close enough to get any of this **** on them. :no:

17. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    EMBRACE THE HATE!!!:abq2:

18. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Anyone who reads TMQ regularly should not be surprised by it.

One thing TMQ hates is not having balls when the game is on the line.

This is one article I can't hate on. I thinks its pretty good actually. Also, TMQ FTW.

19. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

I never knew that. If that's the case then I take back what I said about him being a *** face

:lol:

20. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Everysingle one of his criticisms has a valid point.

Norv needed to be much more aggressive at some point. FG weren't going to cut it. If the outcome of kicking FG's is a sure loss your only chance of winning is gambing on 4th.

As far as the yards thing for O and D. Is that a complete stat? By no means. But it is the exception not the rule where a team that finishes in the middle of the pack in both statistics makes its way to their championship game. His point isn't to say we are bad, I just don't think he thinks we deserve to be mentioned with the Pats or the Colts. Until we win a SB, that is hard to argue with.

As far as his supposed dig at Rivers, I think that is more a dig at Decatur. One other thing that gets under his skin is sports being blown out of proportion into something bigger than they really are. I think this might be a little harsh, but if you read this column regularly, it puts it in the right context.

21. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Man, wait'll Teresa reads that **** :icon_eek: :tdown:

22. getfresh

getfresh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Here's what he said about the Broncos:

So he's got that going for him.

I like tmq, btw.

23. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    gonna get me banned???

:icon_shrug:

:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

24. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    You play the percentages, depending upon field position, of course. Fans always want to go for it on fourth. The Chargers also had a track record of getting turnovers and ST's weapon in Scifres. Decatur has a population of around 56,000 and the famous person list is a tad short, and I'll bet Rivers is the only one who rings a bell. If, as he says, we get all this love from the national media, then where is my goddamned afterglow?!

25. SuperCharger85

SuperCharger85 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3

TMQ's point has always been that the "percentages" actually favor going for it. The payoff for making the first is huge and not THAT big of a risk. Twenty yards or so of field position is not that big of a deal. They needed TWO scores at the time. NE scoring after you turned it over to them isn't even the worst case scenario, never getting the ball back IS.

His point about the street name is that there are plenty of unknown people (teachers, doctors, researchers, volunteers)in the community that contribute more to Decatur than Rivers.

• Like Like x 1
  26. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Couldn't have said it any better man! :yes:

27. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Rivers has done things with his riches for the town. I would also hazard a guess, without matching a street map up with the town's personages that, like lots of smaller cities, Civil War heroes, teachers, pioneering citizens and others have not only streets, but schools named after them, as well as neighborhoods, parks-with the requisite number of statues in the town square and in the parks to some-and libraries named for redoubtable librarians. If I remember correctly, PR laid some tasty bucks on his high school athletic program and facilities. So TMQ has to be talking through their hat, since I'll guarantee nobody there could name a single historical figure or dignitary from the town.

I have to give Norval the benefit of the doubt. He undoubtedly was more aware of the gimpyness of key players and the condition of the rest of the guys on the field. Hindsight is always 20-20. I'm always thinking maybe we should go for it, too, but coaches are the ones who have to live with the consequences of the decisions-not us.

28. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

Well said RC,

Every town in this fine country has noteworthy citizens that call it their home town. I doubt for one minute that there isn't at least 50 Vets from past wars and public servants from every city in this nation. They are all significant to their respective home town

I stand by what I said earlier about this guy :tdown:

29. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    That was better than any response I could have written.

30. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Guess we'll have to smoke the AFC one more time :tup:

• Like Like x 1