1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

TO HELL WITH KASIIM OSGOOD!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Now that I've seen all the media attention this is getting... CUT HIS SORRY *** NOW!!! He's NOT worthy to be a Charger!!! It's making ESPN!!
    I don't hear Sproles crying about us looking for another running back!!!

Hey Kasiim... as a wide receiver and you suck really really bad!!!
    You had your chance. If you were good, we wouldn't be having this discussing right now!!!
    Another team that's really really really really hurting for receivers might give you a shot at #3 but then they'll upgrade the next season in draft or free agency and move you back to special teams!!!

We'll be sure to send you popcorn during the playoffs next season!!! :lol:

2. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I use to love his never say die attitude on special teams. He is not a good receiver....He was a great special teams player and thats it. He got recognized as that too with Pro bowls.

That dude just lost everything he had in SD. Hate to say it but GET 'EM OUTTA HERE!!!

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Nice memories but now YOU SUCK!!! :icon_evil:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eBue8lqhFgs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eBue8lqhFgs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Good luck finding something like this as a WR elsewhere... LOSER!!! :icon_evil:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ELvChDGf7cQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ELvChDGf7cQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Yup!!! :icon_evil:

6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Complaining WRs makes me a sad panda...

[​IMG]

Shamrock hit the nail on the head about this in the other Osgood thread.

7. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Forgive me for not reading the other thread, but what did he say?

8. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Osgood is sad special teams panda

9. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Everyone needs to chill the hell out. He's played like a man on fire for this ballclub. Now you all want to throw him under the bus simply because he has aspirations to be greater than he presently is?

This is hardly the sort of "me first" stuff that so many other teams endure non-stop. Sure, maybe he should go, but I think a lot of you underestimate the effect it will have on our special team's coverage.

I don't think he should be holding out however. He ought to be doing everything he can to earn more reps at WR.

Still, just say, "hey man good luck to you. Thanks for what you did while you were here."

10. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Try and package the guy in a trade if he has to go though. Too many players get cut out of anger from the management. This guy is valuable and other teams know it. These damn things can't keep coming down to a battle of egos :no:

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Basically that for a no-name special teamer Osgood has managed to become a fan favorite here in SD. If he played his whole career here he could open a used car lot and endorse products and be beloved by the people of SD for years to come. Instead he's going to jump ship and go somewhere else where he will be "just another special teamer" and nobody is going to give a crap about him. Then when he retires nobody's going to care when he opens his used car lot.

Basically, the game set aside, this was terrible business decision.

12. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    I don't know about you, but I don't want a receiver or special teams guy, or anyone that matter at any positions, whose making football decisions based on what's best for his future USED car lot.:no::no::no:

I hope you were kidding.

That being said, he shouldn't air his dirty laundry. I hope he can chill the f-out, cuz we need him and he's a great special teamer. But who can blame the guy for not wanting a larger role. I think for all the great plays and hard work he's given the team, we can let this one slide, assuming he STFU.

13. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    No, I'm not kidding at all. We're not talking about a "football decision" here. It's not a matter of cover this guy or cover that guy. We're talking about a "business" or "career" decision; work for this company or that company, sign this contract or that contract.

Osgood wants more time because he wants a bigger paycheck, or needs to gratify his own ego. The point that (I believe) Shamrock was making, and that I agree with, is that if he's trying to get himself into a better financial situation he could not have gone about it in a worse manner. He was well on his way to securing himself a lush future in SD. Now he's going to be somebody elses garbage.

I'm not saying that I want him worrying about his post-retirement career on game day. But I can't figure out how he's doing any good for himself, at all, by coming out with these demands.

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I'm not ready to say "TO HELL WITH OSGOOD" because I only say stuff like that to people I really hate. While I'm angry with Osgood I dont' hate him and am grateful for his play over the last few years.

Having said that Osgood has got to realize he screwed up and screwed up badly. Chargers don't play this kind of game and he'll find out momentarily that when you try it, you lose against AJ Smith.

While I don't have proof of Rosenhaus making Osgood do such a thing, I think Rosenhaus was also hte agent of one Hannik Milligan when he made similar demands and we cut his *** shortly afterwards.

Anyone think we could package him and WR Eric Parker and send him to someone like hte Redskins for a third?

15. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I'm also trying very hard to be positive and appreciate Osgood for his contributions. Maybe I'm just down on the guy right now, but I think his trade value is almost null. Receivers who don't catch passes are not really in high demand. If the skins were open to Osgood + Parker for a third... I bet we'd be able to get that same 3rd for JUST Parker.

But like I said, I'm probably just being extra tough on Osgood right now.

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Nobody's going to argue that. That's why he was a fan favorite.
    If he went to AJ and said he wants more opportunities as WR, that would be one thing but to make it public is bad. Especially to the point where it's reported on ESPN.

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

:lol: :lol:

Any team would love to have him as a special teams player but as a receiver... good luck!!!

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    so lets trade him to a team th at has a WR issue and instead they make Osgood their special teams captain

put him in purgatory :lol::lol::lol:

19. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,413
    Your post would carry merit if he

A) didn't already prove to suck as a WR

and

B) wasn't complaining to the media about past draft picks and being "held down"

If his desire in all of this was to "get even better than he already is" he wouldn't be threatening to sit out of offseason work outs in "protest"

20. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The only one in this thread who "gets it" and is not thumping their chest like morons but this being the internet and all....it is par for the course.

When Jammer called out the fans as "idiots", the mo-fo was dead nuts on.

21. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Hey! My moms sez I's reel smart! :icon_evil:

[​IMG]

22. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    I pretty much agree with this post.

If he's unhappy then he's unhappy. Sometimes we can't help how we feel.

For those jumping on Osgood, have any of us ever been frustrated in a job where we were looking to get a promotion only to lose that promotion to someone else ?

I know I have. I remember how frustrated and angry I was.

He doesn't want to be a career special teamer and wants to be a WR. Nothing wrong with that.

This is just an indication to AJ to package him up and trade him and see what we can get for him.

I think its wrong for us to want him to shut up and fall in line especially if thats not what he wants to do.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    If he wants more playing time, fine - earn it. But don't make the Chargers and yourself look like fools by airing your beefs to the public. That's just not cool, nor is it a team first mentality.

And that's what I "get".

24. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59

I still think he it's pretty arrogant to say to someone, the best you can hope for is used car lot. I mean, you couldn't even throw the guy a bone and make a new car lot.

Guys do a million different things outside of football when they retire. And it's dickish to assume the best the only thing they are capable of is a used car lot. So I totally disagree with you. I don't think he should stay in San Diego because he may or may not be able to do things like local product endoresments, and a cheesy car lot. God that's so depressing. Stay with a team so maybe one day you can huack mattresses and sell used cars. bla.

The guy can do whatever he wants when he leaves, and it might be go back to medical school or live india in for all we know, and he's looking at his time in NFL as something that's finite, so he wants more, good for him.

but he is acting like a little b-tch.

25. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Would you go and broadcast your dissatisfaction to embarass your employer? If you did, would you expect to retain employment and get your shot at advancement?

The NFL is the ultimate in survival of the fittest. Every year a player will see someone on the roster who wants their job. Every year they have to prove they can still hold the job they had, and if they want more, they have to knock someone else out above them.

Osgood has had five years to prove to two different head coaches that he can play offense. He hasn't measured up to the task.

A scrub special teams player doesn't have the clout to use the press for anything. Nada. Cut his *** and move on.

26. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I'm not advocating getting rid of the guy, but I don't like the way he is handling things.

The coaches see him all the time, at practices, in camp, in meetings. It would seem that if he had the talent to move up the depth chart, he would have.

I don't blame him for wanting to upgrade his role with the team, but he needs to go earn it instead of griping about it to the media.

As others have pointed out, he has a brand new receivers coach coming in this year. He could seize that opportunity and do what he needs to to impress Coach Joiner, and then have Joiner go into meetings and say "damn, Osgood is really kicking ***."

All his current stance is accomplishing is making him look like a malcontent.

27. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I sort of hear you, and I'm definitely being a dick, so no argument there.

But I wasn't really trying to suggest that the only thing he'd be capable of is managing a used car lot. In my mind, however, a degree of fame goes an incredibly long way as far making ones self marketable. I mean who would get a bigger check for endorsing the next Nike shoe, John Elway or me?

And, just my opinion, Osgood is probably more popular than any pure special teamer on any other team. It's taken him what, three, four years to get to the point where everybody genuinely loves him and respects him as a football player. You think if he goes to Detroit anybody is going to remember his name in a year? I kinda don't.

Basically I think the appreciation he gets in San Diego is very rare for the role that he plays, and is pretty much an anomaly in the NFL. I have a hard time believing he's going to get as much love or appreciation anywhere else in the country and, if you buy that reputation contributes to ones financial livelihood, he's sacrifice major future business opportunities by trying to go to a place where he will be a relative unknown.

But I can admit that I'm probably being unfairly hard on the guy. And it's because I really DO like him, and I really want him to want to be a Charger. Of course it's my fault for being emotionally invested in the team... but still. Methinks Kasim Osgood Chevrolet in San Diego is going to have much higher sales figures than Kasim Osgood Chevrolet in Detroit.

28. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Actually, considering Osgood picked up Rosenhaus as his new agent, this is, in fact, exactly the kind of "me first" stuff that so many other teams endure non-stop. Funny that we never heard anything negative or threatening from Kassim before he picked up Rosenhaus.

Rosenhaus won't make a plumb nickel off Kassim until Kassim signs his next contract, and obviously Rosenhaus wants that next contract to be a wide-receiver contract, not a pro-bowl special-teamer contract.

The problem with this is that Kassim's potential as a wide-receiver in this league is so thin that he really does stand to screw up his career by doing this. The guy could be a great contributor to this team for another six or seven years, make a lot of money, retire well-off. Instead he's going to get his *** traded to some other team where he hasn't built up a cache of good-will. That team will discover he's a crappy receiver, he'll get put on special-teams, and then he'll have trouble re-upping with another contract because he's a stinking Rosenhaus client.

I do respect Osgood's right to want to advance himself and his own career. But I'm also a firm believer that the Chargers know what they're doing when it comes to choosing guys to step on that football field. Osgood hasn't been able to impress his coaches enough to get a realistic shot at receiver on a team with mediocre wide-receivers.

Sometimes you got to know your own limitations.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    At last, the crux of the biscuit. This is probably as agent driven as anything else. If I was an owner or GM, one of the first things I would determine in placing someone on my draft board is whether or not the agent was someone like Rosenhaus or Slusher. This kind of public pouting is real common, not only in the NFL, but all over Pro Sports. Same crap happens with sportswriters who kvetch over air time and other stuff. I've seen it in Ivory Tower academic conferences. This just makes a bigger splash because of what he does having an impact on the team and therefore on the fan. I'm just sort of yawning and saying to myself, go play the position good enough to earn it or shut up. I'm not in enough of a grudge mode about this to ride him out of town on a rail. He's only stepping on his own crank, not mine.

30. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    John Jefferson screamed to get the ball more and also screamed to get more money. JJ deserved both. JJ got traded.

Ronnie Harmon wanted the ball more and even said he needed to be used more than just third down. Fans did not rip his balls off.

Osgood is no different.

When people are used to being wrong about players and coaches - it snowballs. This thread and the people who say Osgood sucks are effing idiots.

Osgood clanked a few early on and since then, it has been the lemming following lemmings. It is pretty embarassing to see killer recent production and fans still goose stepping to a few clanked balls early on. Since then, he has been effing NAILS but some are just predisposed to be right at anything. Osgood is no exception.

Effing fans deserve to eat **** on some of their takes - big time. :yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.