1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

To LT or Not to LT that is the question

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Jan 6, 2010.

?

Should the bolts keep or cut LT next year

1. Keep LT

27 vote(s)
    77.1%
  2. Cut LT

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. LT is planning to retire

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    SO recently there have been alot of columns everywhere either saying LT will retire or LT will not be coming back to san diego, or worse, that the chargers will cut LT. I would like to see LT finish his career in SD with the bolts. Whats everyone else think. Should he really be cut?

2. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    He's money in the red zone and that's what matters. He's gotten about 4 yards a carry this year or something like that and put up double digit TDs. Keep him, let him retire a bolt.

3. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    He's due a 2 million roster bonus in March.

4. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Keep him, tell him to sign for a bit less, and use him as a third-down back while we develop a rookie 1st-rounder in this year's draft.

5. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    i'd like us to pick up blount and have LT mentor him on and off the field.

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Werd with sugar on top!

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Hell of an expensive mentor.:unsure: Projected to make between 6-8 mil next year, money that could easily be used to re-sign Vjack, McNeil, Floyd, Sproles....etc...

I voted that he'd retire, hopefully it can be after we win the Super Bowl this year. It would suck to see AJ cut him but you can't blame him for the business decision.

8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I think if he wants to stay a Charger that the money can be worked out - especially if they win it all this year.

I'm irrational when it comes to LT - I love him like I love Tony Gwynn and hope our new stadium has a shiny statue of LT in it. I don't ever want to see him like I saw Emmitt Smith at the end of his career - in another teams uni running just for records. :no:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +411
    I don't think you can keep two specialty backs like a diminished LT and a smallish Sproles. One or the other has to go and my choice is LT.

10. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58

Especially off the field. Otherwise he might wanna consider taking up a career in hockey where it is semi legal to beat the **** out of the other team.

11. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Especially not like jerry rice. Becoming a fader and then a bronco and then a seahawk and then getting cut by the broncos because he was like 42 or something. Does anyone here believe LT might be able to have a comeback year next year? maybe with Oline better or better seasoned together he can be some of what he used too? He has looked impressive in the last couple games but not gotten the carries necessary to pick up the yards he used to. Remember LT used to get 25 carries commonly.

12. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    The Giants, Ravens, and Cowgirls both employed 3-back systems with a great degree of success as long as each had his own specialty.

13. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    This is bad karma guys.

Get your asses to the positive vibes thread right now and atone for your sins.

14. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I hope that he retires (after winning the superbowl) :abq1: or accepts less money (after winning th superbowl) and stays, he seems to have accepted his diminished role, now he needs to accept his diminished contract.

but if he stays it would only be for sentimental reasons

15. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    How is this BAD karma?

We are just hoping that LT stays for one more year and decides to try to become the running back of a repeat Super Bowl winner! :abq2:

16. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    They made the money right last year and they can do it again this year, so we can keep him, unless we get him the ring. I figure he will retire if we get the Lombardi. I don't think he is as diminished as some people think, and I would welcome him back regardless.

17. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    I think he accepts his smaller role in the team, because he
    stays fresh and healthy for the postseason. When he
    stays it will not be for sentimental purposes, but to
    mix the runs with Darren Spoles to keep other defenses unbalanced. After a SB-win Chargers will take big interest
    and maybe money isn't so the question in an uncapped year.

18. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    I hope he returns next season (on a few shillings less) to help us defend our Superbowl title

19. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    I was looking through this old thread. What a difference 3 months makes. Everyone said keep LT 3 months ago. Now everyone seems to think he is the biggest sack of **** on earth:lol:

20. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
    3 months ago was before LT publicly contradicted himself multiple times.

I don't think he's a sack of ****, I'm just saying there's an explanation.

It's no different than how everyone not named Corona Doug was a huge Nate Kaeding fan two months ago and now everyone talks like they've always hated the guy and have always known how ****** of a kicker he is.

21. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58

HhHhHhahahahahah

True. :yes:

22. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Don't include me in "everyone." I've been saying since last October LT had zero chance to be a Charger in 2010.

LT is arguably the greatest Charger ever, I will always love the guy for what he did here.....but I'm a Charger fan first.

23. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
    You also have to take into account that there are two ways to approach a poll like this, and inevitably it's never made clear how the poll starter intends for it to be.

One way would be do you think LT would be here next year? As in, do you think that's going to be the case? (Which seems to be the approach you took)

the other, however, would be "Would you keep LT here next year if it were up to you?"

Those are two different questions, but both can be read from the original post and poll.

24. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Can we cut the crap with the LT threads? Go post them on a Jets sight now... sheesh

25. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Yeh you're right. WHo wouldn't want LT to be here for little pay though? Where would we be in the last 10 years without him?:abq2:

But for the money he was making and what he was asking for and the little production he was having do you honestly think
    people thought he would stay?

I hope they approached it from the other angle u mentioned otherwise the poll is sad:icon_rofl:

[​IMG]

26. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556

As of October 2009 I'd say NO to both. What made him special was speed, quickness, and vision. He has only 1 of the 3 now. I bet if he ran a 40 today it'd be in the high 4.6's.

There is no way I'd pay 6-8 million for 3.3ypc/750yd seasons when we have some big RFA's to re-sign. And if we had brought him back he'd be given the starting RB job more out of respect than actually earning it, which doesn't get us closer to a Super Bowl.

27. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    COme on man 4.6?:icon_shrug: Thats slower than legarrette blount at the combine:icon_rofl: