1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

To Norv: Give the ball to NUMBER 21!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Oct 23, 2007.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    I realize we are all excited about Chris Chambers coming into San Diego over the bye week, and that he gives us an amazing deep threat target to strech the field. He'll force attention of Gates and LT a little more helping them rack up some big plays over the long run.

The problem is Norv is a guy who can still find a way to screw a good thing up. My warning to him and the coaching staff is dont forget your routes, it all starts with #21and just because we have a bigger sky attack doesnt mean you try to throw a change up by passing 20 strait plays, thats how you lose games.

KEEP GIVING THE ROCK TO #21 NORV!

2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Chambers will pull at least one guy out of the box. I suspect that Norv will notice. The only receiver that really got the other side's real attention on every play was Gates. That won't happen anymore. No more packing the box, so LT could find life on the field a bit simpler from here on out. There is much more to worry about now.

3. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Agreed, by picking up Chambers, defenses are now going to have to respect the passing game. By that I mean Gates MUST be doubled on most plays, CHambers will use up their best cover corner, and Davis/VJ/Floyd will need a DB on them...that leaves their front seven against our running game (in most cases)
    I can see defenses take the chance and try to stack the box with eight over the next game or two...it'll be up to Rivers to recognize it, and pass them out of it.
    Realizing if eight defenders are in the box, that means Gates, Chambers and whomever will be one-on-one...it's all on Rivers to execute now...