1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

To Trumpie

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltjolt, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    I am just relaying a message from LVBoltfan.

He just called me from Green Bay and told me to post this to Trumpy. This is not neccessarily the opinon of Boltjolt.

"Tell Trumpy this team plays with no HART". "

He also said the Greenbay fans are acting like they just won the SuperBowl.

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Ask him if he watched Weddle get torched for 6 as well ? :abq2: :icon_party:

3. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    TD,

You're not refering to the Driver TD are you?

4. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    That is the one the brother is referring to.....Hart drifted in and Driver/the other kid went right by him at the end of the game.

5. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Trailing in coverage all day .... lacks any resemblance of route recognition .... gives up the go-ahead touchdown.

I'm sure any sober Chargers fan at the game noticed even more limitations and liabilities from that scrub Arena ball player.

6. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Cro gave up the catch and he quit on the play afterwards. Hart was out of possition to make the tackle.

7. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Don't forget about the dropped interception.

8. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243

Hart is out of position a lot. It's because his route recognition sucks. False steps.

Cro, Weddle and Hart all didn't make a play.

Cro should have had his off arm to wrap up. Weddle took a bad angle. But, the free safety is the last line of defense. He can't be taking false steps, showing his outrageously poor route recognition skills, to get toasted.

Hart had ONE -- I REPEAT -- ONE good play. Period. He was trailing in coverage all game, and had multiple bad reads. Not several. One.

McCree is also a freaking bonehead.

As bad as it sounds, Kiel is a better player than Hart. That's why Kiel started last year, and that's why our safeties are even worse than last season. Hart sucks.

Lacking Wilhelm hurts. I think our DE's are pinching in more to cover up Dobbins, rather than being on OT's. Therefore, the OLB's get manned up on tackles more in pass rush, limiting their effectiveness. Throw in Castillo playing subpar and being injury prone, and our pass rush problems are pretty simple. Scheme to cover ILB's, bad rush from DE's.

The CB's are covering players for the most part today. Jammer had a great game. D-Flo gave up some plays, but Favre's gun and accuracy are just as much responsible. Yet, the middle of the field, just as last year, continues to be the problem. This year, even the ball watchers notice, and the main culprit is Clinton Hart.

9. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Thanks for cheering me up .... :lol:

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    positive note about the secondary

considering they were covering ON AVERAGE 6 seconds, they stopped and deflected alot of passes

• Like Like x 1
  11. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Game day at Lambeau is always a celebration.

You Charger fans should not be so critical of your team, especially the secondary. They were afterall going against the great and wonderful Brett Favre.

Look on the bright side. The tough part of your schedule is over and it is all downhill from here.

12. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I bet you'd lick cheez wizz off Brett's nuts.

13. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Hart technically is the SS

To some guys in the forum, one good play means you had a good game,.......... such was the praise for Cro last week.

McCree is also a freaking bonehead.

Kiel sucked and i will not agree with that. Hart has been at least as good as Kiel against the run and Kiel couldnt cover anybody. Hart at least gets a pick every now and then.
    Bottom line is that COTTRELL is killing this defense with his lack of aggressiveness and underusing Merriman and the rest of our league leading passrush we had last season.

He is a bad DC...i said it the day we hired him, i said it during preseason and im sorry to say this season is going to be frustrating as long as he is here and i hate that the critics will talk down about us as being overrated because of that POS we call our DC.

14. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074

The poster child for walking manure

15. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    He's technically an Arena League talent.

Regardless on SS or FS, he had deep zone coverage in the middle of the field. He sucked ***, let the team down, and showed how crappy his route recognition skills are.

He's not technically a piece of ****, he is a piece of ****.

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    When you consider the source, it should be obvious fans have a hidden agenda. Remember, Hart would never start by the so-called forum football experts and now they are choking on it. :yes:

I love it !!!! :icon_party: :abq2: :icon_toast:

17. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

You love that we have, at best, a backup safety starting for our defense:icon_neutral:

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Too bad you do not know how the front 7 and Brette Farve's clean uniform affect a secondary.

Others just have a hidden agendas to be right at all costs and
    do not give a **** about the best player. They are more interested in being right. :yes:

19. imported_Bolt_Attack

imported_Bolt_Attack BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Io agree, other than the big play they gave up at the end of the day the big defensive issue was a lack of pass rush. Cotrell doesn't seem to do a very good job of scheming and disguising the rush.

20. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Absolutely.

21. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    While giving up 306 passing yards and enough points to lead us to defeat.. Sorry - not happy with the performance of our pass defense at all. DBs ~or~ front 7...

22. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Thank's for passing on the message. :tup:
    I knew Trumpy would get a kick out of it. :icon_rofl: Just lookin' out for you,Bro! :icon_tease:

I did feel that the D and the OL played without heart. I don't know, maybe it was a brain.

See ya on Sunday.:abq2:

23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Just get flagged!! :icon_evil:

24. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    ever see what happens when there's no pass rush? There were definite cases of the Dbs not covering or tackling but I put alot of blame on the lack of pass rush

25. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    So far neither front has shown any fire in the belly.

26. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Agree 100%. A good pass rush can make up some of the ground when your team has average DB's. Get some decent schemes in there and prepare better and you'll see a big difference. I just don't see Cottrell doing this effectively.

27. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,930
    in two games he certianly has not, he's got a little more time to fix it.