1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Toe injury could bother Antonio Gates all season

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Oct 24, 2010.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Toe injury could bother Antonio Gates all season

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 24, 2010 11:51 AM ET
    Chargers tight end Antonio Gates is listed as questionable for today's game with the Patriots after sitting out practice this week with a toe injury. And it's a toe injury that may not get better any time soon.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Gates is bothered by the same big toe he has previously had operated on, and it could be an injury that nags at him all season.

Gates leads the Chargers with 31 catches and seven touchdowns, and having him available is especially important because receivers Malcom Floyd and Legedu Naanee both have hamstring injuries.

Help arrives on November 28, when the Chargers visit the Colts and Vincent Jackson is expected to play his first game of 2010.

ProFootballTalk.com

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Take the needle

3. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
  4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    So first it a akle injury reported in game. Then it turns into a Toe and not the surgery toe. NOW it is the same toe...

No matter what toe or ankle, I knew from that game that he wasnt going to be playing at 100% for several weeks if not rest of the regular season.

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    PFT.com. Get this info from anyone but PFT.com and I'd believe it, but they are the kings of horse ****. I'm still waiting on that 2nd positive steroid test they CONFIRMED Merriman had.

6. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    "Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Gates is bothered by the same big toe he has previously had operated on, and it could be an injury that nags at him all season. "

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Aw, I didn't read the shefty part. ****.