1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tolbert disses Jets

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Mar 12, 2012.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/je...ere?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Chargers RB tweaks Jets and media 'circus'

March, 12, 2012
    Mar 12

By Rich Cimini

Chargers RB Mike Tolbert will be an unrestricted free agent, but it doesn't sound like he'll be coming to the Jets anytime soon.

In an interview Monday with Adam Schein and Rich Gannon on SiriusXM NFL Radio, Tolbert said the Jets do too much yapping for his taste. He alluded to the Jets' well-documented problems in the locker room.

Has he been talking to Joe Namath?

Tolbert believes he could be a complement to Shonn Greene, but "at the same time, they do sometimes have that whole media circus thing going on and I’m not the type of person that gets into the whole limelight thing and throwing players under the bus and stuff like that," Tolbert said. "I like letting my play do the talking. I don’t like to do a lot of talking off the field. I like to do it in between the lines. So that’s a place that I would think about but I’m not too sure that I would end up going there."

Tolbert said he doesn't think he'd fit in because he doesn't seek the limelight "and it feels like sometimes some of those guys seek out the limelight just so they can be seen. If that’s their personality, if that’s the way they want to do it, that’s fine, but I’m not that type of guy. To each his own."

He raises an interesting point: You have to wonder if the Jets' reputation will cause free agents to stay away. I'd be willing to bet it was one of the reasons Peyton Manning wanted no part of them. They're trying hard to fix things in the locker room -- and, yeah, some of it probably was blown out of proportion -- but perception is reality in many cases.

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Gee wiz, what happened to the "everyone wants to play for Rex" line?:D

3. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    I guess folks got tired of "...All hat, no cattle!"

4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,406
    That's one way to work the free agent market. ;)

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    It morphed in "Who wants to carry a worthless QB for 16 wks?"

6. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Right on Pinball. Care to piss off any more potential suitors?? Just come back to SD and let the play keep doin the talking.

7. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    "I like letting my play do the talking. I don’t like to do a lot of talking off the field. I like to do it in between the lines." -Mike Tolbert (while talking off the field)

He had a good run in San Diego...

8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    I heard that interview today and it was excellent. If it's posted somewhere online, listen to it.

9. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    If you can find it deffinatly put it up.

10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    I've got Sirius in my car so I was able to hear the majority of it. Not sure if they or someone else will post it. But it is a great interview. He doesn't seem to care where he plays (except for the Jets), just that wherever he goes helps his family first. He said that several times during the interview.

11. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    His crap got old, and quick

12. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I don't think this is a knock on Rex, it's a knock on that lockerroom and Sanchez, possibly on the city. Tolbert won't be back, which is sad, because I liked handing it off to fatty, except when he randomly decided he was Barry Sanders.

13. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Maybe Tolbert is saying he'll play for less to stay in Dego?