1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

tomlin gettin a pass....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Lightning, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    ...on being a punk type of coach?

did anyone notice towards the end of the game he is on camera with a player of his jawing to him bigtime, he nods and smirks then starts yellin' smack talk proir to the snap at...i believe kassim osgood? sorry if i seem comeoff too sensitive bout this, but comes off to me as a classless move from a supposed professional coach.

tired of hearing how rivers is out of line for his jawing but it's ok that a head couch in the nfl acts like a thug innercity high school coach on national t.v.

2. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Acutally I don't think that they were jawing at him, because Kassim looks over and nods his head yes.

I personally think Tomlin is a great coach and just having some fun with Kassim. Probably asked him if he wanted to come to Pittsburgh....:lol:

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I keep hearing about this, but I'd have to see the entire sequence, including the previous 60 seconds to get the entire context.

When did it occur?

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    He was playing with Kassim...Kassim was dancing to the stadium pa before the kickoff, and Tomlin very clearly was laughing and said to him "yeah, I'm watching you..."

Watch Kassim be a Steeler next year. :eek:

Nothing to see here, move along...

5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851

Ah, so that's it?

Much ado about nothing.

Besides, they can have Kassim. He's OK on special teams but we've got others than can fill the gunner duties.

6. Lightning

Ratings:
    +37
    what i am talking about has nothing to do with dancing before the game it was clearly him (tomlin) running with whatever his player was eggin him on with to razz kassim and regardless of "playing" it comes off as a punk manuever to me for a head coach to yak to an opposing player during a play.

lets just say it was just him sayin they want him in pitt. then wait till after the game instead of acting juvenile coach during a primetime football game.

7. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I wasn't talking about before the game either. The moment I was metioning was in the 4th q after one of our TDs.

I should have made it more clearer. There was no "jawing" going on, only friendly banter. Tomlin is one of the good guys man, he wasn't trying to pick a fight or anything.

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Still doesn't help our run Defense.....:icon_evil:

9. Lightning

Ratings:
    +37
    Friendly banter? hmmmm like when wilhelm high fived a steeler after them scoring on us right after the play? Also just how do you know tomlin is one of the good guys?...just cause hes won a superbowl? Even if is is a good guy and even if it was just 'friendly banter" the bigger picture is that it also comes off that our team is weak and would rather be FRIENDLY then to play with a MEAN attitude like they and other teams do to us.

10. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434

Tomlin is definetly one of the good guys. You never hear him trash talk other teams...Gives them full credit for what they accomplish, and uses techiniques that are widely regarded as respectful around the league.

He make sure his players understand that playing football and having the gift that they have is a blessing and shouldnt be taken for granted.

I have watched it over and over, and Santonio Holmes is telling Tomlin to say something..yes.

But Tomlin tells him something that Kassim shakes his head ya about. It was no harm no foul. I actually think it was kinda funny.

11. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    Tomlin is what's right about the game.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434
    Agreed....He has a long standing in the NFL and in my mind right now is probably the best coach in the NFL.

He has control of his players and they believe in him.

I mean look at Mendenhall. Most back would have thrown a hissy fit about being benched. But Tomlin made it clear that this is how you play football, and if you don't want to play it, then sit the bench or go somewhere else.

Then Mendenhall comes out like he was on a mission.

13. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Jesus H. Christ. Settle down.

My mom is a Steelers fan so I pay alot of attention to them. I have never seen Tomlin be a prick to anyone.

What would you have liked Kassim to do, run over there, punch Tomlin in the face, stab him repeated, eat his heart, then take a **** on the Steelers bench? Would you then be convinced he was taking it seriously? That Kassim has a "mean attitude"?

BTW, our team is weak.

14. Lightning

Ratings:
    +37
    hmmm, for one thing if you team is getting laughed at by holmes and their coach is talking directly to you,an opposing player during a game then i don't believe its no harm no foul and for all you know too...kassim may have been nodding and sayin F.U. mther f'r why dont you shut the fk up...you don't know that it was any thing said one way or the other...and unless he's changed his ways i do know that he considers the opposing team the enemy on gameday and isn't afraid to tell'em so...even "friends"

15. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    We deserved to be laughed at last night.

16. Lightning

Ratings:
    +37
    you are right, our team is weak and i could care less if kassim is mean. i never said he should have done anything about it at all...don't know wherer you"re getting that from. if anything all i meant was it would be nice for our team to play with a little meaness n attitude instead of playing "nice" and getting walked on.

also never said tomlin was a prick just that it seemed unprofesional for him to do that so once again i don"t know where you're getting that. people walk the walk and talk the talk all the time...doesn't meant they are a "good" guy though and my other point is just that i dont know that he isnt one and just cause he does the right things doesnt automaticly make him one.

17. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434
    hmmm...I am pretty sure he couldn't have gotten all that off in the half second he shook his head but ok.

If you honestly think that Mike Tomlin is the devil of football cause he was talking to Kassim after he was dancing in front of their sideline before a kickoff.....Then...well. It tells me how much football you watch.

You have to just relax a bit dude, and the post above me from RTL is true. We deserved to be laughed at on primetime television.

This is hard for me to fathom, seeing how this chargers team just 2 years ago was the **** talking team in the NFL.

18. Lightning

Ratings:
    +37
    hmmm because i have an opinion that you don't agree with, means that i don't watch enough football to be able to make a comment based on my obvious lack of football knowledge...in your opinion...wow, a little elitest of you now isn't that.

never said he was the devil of football either...just asked if people thought he was getting a pass or not because IMO if it had been rivers or one of our coaches doing the same,they would have been raked over the coals in the media for being out of line regardless of if being in fun or not.

19. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434
    Yep you're right, and just because you seem to be the only one that thinks it was unprofessional and not in good intentions, doesn't make him the bad guy either.

20. Lightning

Ratings:
    +37
    um , yeah, i think that's what i said, were you just reiterating it to put me in my place? ....or did you not understand that post?

21. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434
    lol ok. You are reaching here. You are reaching for something else to be mad about at the steelers for embarrasing us tonight.

And you are hoping to get a bunch of chargers fans to follow you in thinking that what he did was wrong which none of us are. Therefore I will let you argue with other people on this thread about something that has no importance.

22. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434
    LMAO...No thats my bad I just missed it....Probably because it was mixed in with all the other bullshit, whining and crying you are doing about something that no one cares about.

23. Lightning

Ratings:
    +37
    um, no, not trying to get anybody to follow anything.just asked an opinionated question,stated it already but you choose to pick out what you like to in my words and moreso by doing so get on your high horse about it....if my opnion even if admittedly could be and there is a good chance it's wrong is something you don't agree with than somehow it's because i don't watch enough football or the undertones of i'm just angry and ignorant are put out there? wow, really? i obviously asked the question because i wanted to know what others thought and put my "opnion' out there. as you said i guess i am the minority where this is concerned and fine, so be it but you might want to check the better than you stuff...it doesn't become you.

24. Lightning

Ratings:
    +37
    well you obviously care enough about it to keep trying to put me down for having an opinion :lol:

25. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434
    lol, zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

26. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Charlie, you know I love you but this is a weird thread.

IMO... Tomlin rules and Norv sucks!!!!

27. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Lightning, you need to get over the butt hurt of our team being embarrassed by a better coached, more physical squad & look for something constructive to say.

As a Tidewater, VA native I've watched Mike Tomlin for years & he has never been anything but a gentleman & professional. There are plenty of coaches in the professional & college ranks who would do well to take some notes from Tomlin.

28. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Holy ****... Capital letters are your friends.

29. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434

Lol, ya I wasn't going to say anything because the conversation would have just resulted in me apparently putting him down even more...