1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlinson considered following Peyton to Denver

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/23/tomlinson-considered-following-peyton-to-denver/

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I don't think he could've retired a Charger had he played for the Broncos

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Winning one playoff game is "going deep into the playoffs?"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    They have won as many playoff games since 2008 as the Chargers. I suppose it's relative. They went as deep into the Playoffs as the Packers, Saints, and Texans. They went farther into the playoffs than the Steelers, Bengals, Lions, and Falcons. For a team with their talent level, it's fairly impressive, considering they were drafting 2nd overall the year before.

5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    LT still hasn't learned when to shut the **** up. :tdown:

That little tidbit of information could've died with him. Why the need to sour Charger fans with that crap? :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    I'm not talking about a pissing match about our playoff failures. I am talking about the notion that winning one playoff game is a "deep playoff run." That's just stupid.

7. PB Bolt

PB Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138
    Thank you! He doesn't get it. I'm not looking for "Tomlinson's" to open any time soon.

8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Because it would have come out anyway. Which is worse, hearing it from him, or, ESPN?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Trashing the Broncos and Raiders in one fell swoop is souring Charger fans? :confused:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Only a disgruntled fan with an axe to grind would read a story where Tomlinson passes up a possibility of teaming up with Peyton Manning to get a Super Bowl ring (which he doesn't have yet, so I actually wouldn't blame him...) but passing it up citing not wanting to play for a division rival of the Chargers and focus more on the fact that he thought about it and less on the actual decision made. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    Or you could have just replied to this thread with logic :D

12. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    They played in 2 PO games. Look at Tomlinson's career as a Charger. Other than 2007, that's the deepest this team ever got into the playoffs. They got absolutely destroyed by NE, but you've got to think that if Manning is back to 2010 Manning that the Broncos are a playoff team with a legitimate shot at doing some damage.

13. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    It's his career and his choice, but we all know married men have an extra conscious to listen too. I wouldn't have thought any less of him than I do now, it would only have been another arrow in the quiver.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    You keep wanting to make this about the Chargers, probably so you can circle around and take a swipe at Norv or A.J. All I am talking about is the notion of what a "deep playoff run is" and it ain't one win.

15. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Is a conference championship appearance a deep run? I ask, because you can get there with 1 win, and if it isn't, then you're requirement for a deep run is effectively going to the Superbowl.

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I think the notion of a "deep" playoff run centers on where you end up, not how many steps it took you to get there.

In other words, I would argue that one win in the WC round getting you to the divisional round is not a "deep playoff run", however 1 win in the divisional round after securing a bye week is a "deep playoff run".

This is all semantical nitpicking BS, though. Who really cares?

17. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I don't, he's the one who keeps bringing it up. Anyway, I think a deep playoff run has as much to do with the quality of your team as it does with which games you're playing in, but those are just my thoughts.

18. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    “At the end of the day I was thinking, ‘I can’t do that,’” Tomlinson said. “It’s not as bad as being a Raider — but almost.

That says it all for me...thanks for a good laugh, LT!!! (I can just hear that voice and picture the look on his face when he came to this realization)

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I would rather hear this from the man himself than some sports station. He shared his thoughts with SD fans and I'm good with that, he didn't make the move so get over it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    I must be missing something........ why would this information ever have gotten out if LT didn't say something?

Would the Broncos have a reason to leak what players they may have had conversations with? A sports station wouldn't get a hold of it, if he didn't let it out himself.

Face it, this was another example of LT not knowing when it's better to keep a thought to himself. He said a bunch of unnecessary things when he left, and now he's done it again.

21. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Uh, you are aware of this thing called the media, right? The media comes in many forms, like, the internet. You have heard of the internet, right? It's that thing you're speeding on! :roflmao:

22. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    And the internet is an all knowing device, is it? :rolleyes:

Information comes from somewhere. If those who know, don't tell, then there's no story....... it's really that simple.

23. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,581
    It may not be "all knowing", but it can be all revealing. Again, the Broncos and LT talked. That conversation would have ultimately come out, sooner or later. I'll wager that it WAS going to come out, and LT decided to say it himself.

24. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    It helps if a team actually wants you also ............ anyone can say "I'd consider playing for ......", that means jackshite unless they actually persue you.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...draw-broncos-offer?module=HP11_headline_stack

LT just trying to remain "current and in the news", he knows those days are almost done & dusted and for those with a sizable ego, thats something hard to deal with.

Jets, Raiders, Bronco's !!!!! .............whats it matter, we play them all in a season if things are going to plan.

25. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Well I still consider Jamal one of the alltime great "Chargers" and would be more than happy to see him sign a "ceremonial one day contract" and retire a Charger legend ...................the fact that he played a season with the Donks doesn't offset what he meant to me as a Charger in anyway whatsoever.

26. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I don't understand the angst at Tomlinson for playing with another team, I mean, it isn't like the Chargers were begging him to stay in a Bolt uni. The only thing I can say that displeased me was his last two years with the club. His whining and sniveling became apparent to me and I caught hell for calling him out on it, then when he left he took some cheap shots. It's all water under the bridge and no one can deny how great he was for the team and the city. If he can still lace them up and play at a high level, why shouldn't he be able to do that and for whoever was willing to pay him?

27. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Playing for the Broncos would have placed him in glue factory status.

28. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Why are people whining so much that he admitted that he thought about it? At the end of the day, he didn't go and then compared playing for them to playing for the Raiders and said it was something he just couldn't do. I personally found it hilarious. Why are people making more out of this than they really should?

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    It's the slow season for football news. Often leads to arguing about dumb shyte. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  30. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    And this is somehow different from the rest of the year? :confused: