1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tomlinson could see even more passes

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltsFanUK, Aug 7, 2007.

1. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Shortly after Philip Rivers became the starting quarterback of the Chargers last fall, he told the media of a lesson he learned that was sure to help him.

“It’s never a bad thing to check it down to 21,” Rivers said, referring to his luxury of throwing the ball to LaDainian Tomlinson when his receivers were covered down the field.

While the check down will always be a valuable tool in the Chargers’ offense considering the player getting the ball, Head Coach Norv Turner is looking for ways to get Tomlinson even more involved in the passing game.

“When you have a guy that is that dangerous in space, you have to find ways to get him the ball out there,” Turner said. “LT is such a good route runner and is so good at catching the football that we’re going to really use him as much as we can in that area.”

Turner has shown a penchant for getting his running backs involved in the passing game. With the Raiders in 2005, LaMont Jordan led all NFL running backs with 70 receptions. Last season, San Francisco’s Frank Gore tied for third among running backs with 61 catches.

“Norv is a guy that is going to find ways to get his guys the ball in different ways,” Tomlinson said. “That’s exciting to me. I enjoy getting involved in the passing game and I know Norv is going to bring some exciting schemes to us so we’ll be able to take advantage of how teams try to defend us.”

http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/tomlinson-could-see.htm

2. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I wish Michael Turner had better rocks...Errr hands....

I would love to see his *** barreling on the angle at a DB one on one after catching a perfectly placed swing pass...

3. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Mis-Match City:yes: