1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlinson doesn't mind sharing workload

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Mar 5, 2006
    Star appreciates coaches' efforts to keep him fresh

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20061006-9999-1s6chargers.html <-- Click for the full article

By Kevin Acee
    October 6, 2006

This season, LaDainian Tomlinson isn't the only Chargers running back opponents must worry about.
    LaDainian Tomlinson was asked this week if he could continue taking the punishment of running in the manner he has been asked in the season's first three games.

“Punishment?” Tomlinson asked with a smile.

He then immediately launched into a series of jumping jacks and said, “I'm good.”

And that's great.

But it can't go on this way.

Tomlinson cannot keep running the ball this much.

And he won't – not with an obvious lack of selfishness, his coaches' desire for preservation and an ever-improving helper.

“I won't have 370 carries,” Tomlinson said. “I guarantee that.”

Actually, Tomlinson is on pace for 411, which would top by one the NFL record for rushing attempts in a season.

Tomlinson is certainly getting his touches this young season, in contrast to last year, when the talk around San Diego after two games was that the team's best offensive weapon had not caught a pass and had run just 38 times in two losses.

Tomlinson leads the Chargers with 10 receptions, and he has run the ball 77 times for 300 yards.

Not since his rookie year in 2001 has he opened a season with this many carries in three games.