1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlinson felt 'helpless' when his help was needed

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Jan 21, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20080121-9999-lz1x21sulliva.html

2. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
  3. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Thank you. Have many of you forgotten how much LT has given to this team and community??? Some of you apparently have. To question his commitment and not being a cheerleader?? Please. This guy has given his SOUL to this organization and he didn't have to. You ALL will be really sorry if we lost him. You don't what you have until it's gone, trust me.

4. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I have no idea why some fans are criticizing ladanian. IF your hurt your hurt. He was probably told to just sit. I hope some media and fans apologize to ladanian. Can't imagine he or alot of folks have much respect for fans and media that criticize an injured player.

5. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Well...the main thing is that he was able to stay warm on the sideline. that was a major concern for many I know. He looked nice and toasty over there. Glad he was comfortable...after all...if he stood up and cheered his team on he might have gotten a serious injury like his quarterback who was on the field playing and leading his team.

Thank God he stayed warm.:lol:

6. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Chuck, you need to immediately replace the first two letters in your name with one letter.

LT is irreplacable, and having him healthy is our main concern, hope he and other heal well this offseason, and hit the ground running next season. Hopefully we can stay healthy all year, now that our system is where it needs to be as far as coaches and players are concerned, we will make an easy run at 19-0 next year and make the Pats a thing of yesteryear.

7. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    QB and RB are two different positions, and I think that LT was just crushed that he couldn't contribute.

Injuries fuqed us in the *** this post season. It happens. Next year is another season, and it was fun watching the team finally make the next step in their development. As long as they can build on this going into next season, I like our chances rolling into the playoffs without the injuries that we had yesterday.

A healthy Gates, Rivers, and Tomlinson, and we walk out of there with the W yesterday.

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This kind of sarcasm gets you banned on some sites. Here it is the norm. :abq2:

Do not fear to say what you really mean. :lol: :tup:

9. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37
    :icon_finger:

10. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37
    Tell me about it.

I am currently public enemy # 1 or 2 on the UT board right now.:lol::tup:

I am noticing the atmosphere here is more tolerant of various viewpoints. :abq1:

11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    You're still a know nothing f-uck, Chuck.

Welcome to the board. Now leave. :icon_evil:

12. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37
    :icon_rofl:

13. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    ahah yah man UT sucks, havent went on there in like 2 years, bolttalk is the only place to be

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Oh there are the factions who roam around like wolves preying on the unsuspecting and here is no exception.

This is where the "A" list of posters reside.

It is way harder to get banned here as I have tried a few times. :lol:

15. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I'm gonna say the same thing to you that I said to the last ******* who dissed LT (and then got himself banned): Go fuc a duck.

And then go find a forum where your pinheaded opinions MATTER.:icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  16. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    agreed agreed its an honor for me to be a fan with him on the team i saw things just last year ill probably never be able to witness in my lifetime again and the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years next year is ours well have a hard schedule harder then the fukriots who have a lock on at least 5-6 xtra games a year because of there week a$$ division

17. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    There is just a small difference between a guy who is essentially a pocket passer and a running back. If Rivers was a runner, he would have been I R'd, or at least made inactive from the get go of the first injury.

18. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    ChargerInAtlanta came up with this nugget of factoid:

So, other RB sprained/strained their MCL and missed multiple games, yet LT is the wuss for not going back in and playing after hurting his MCL. :icon_huh:

Yeah, the same "wuss" RB that played December 2005 with cracked ribs because of a cheap-assed Raider punch.

The same "wuss" RB that played 8 games in 2004 with a groin injury sustained by a horse-collar tackle.

That same guy?

The first game of his NFL career he missed almost entirely due to injury and he's a wuss.

19. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I agree, running backs get pounded every game. They have a short playing life because of the constant abuse they take. You have to consider the position along with the injury when judging if a player can or should play. Turner is a very good running back, if LT can’t play at 90% or above, Turner should be in the game.

I support LT all the way. He is the face of this team and hopefully will be for years to come!

20. Holy_Bolt

Ratings:
    +362
    That was a hell of an effort that Rivers displayed. The QB is always the logical leader of a team; Rivers looks like he might have what it takes.

But, LT will still be the face of the team! He may be a tacit leader but still a leader.

21. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    LT will be the quiet, reserved, zen leader.

Rivers will be the loud, funny leader.

If this were a Lethal Weapon movie, Rivers is Mel Gibson and L.T. is Danny Glover. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  22. Holy_Bolt

Ratings:
    +362
    Now that is an analogy that I can relate to.:lol:

23. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Excellent point. REP for you! :icon_toast: