1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

TOMLINSON: I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT I’D LEAVE

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Mar 11, 2009.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    TOMLINSON: I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT I’D LEAVE
    Posted by Josh Alper on March 11, 2009, 5:41 p.m.

Running back LaDainian Tomlinson held a press conference Wednesday, one day after agreeing to restructure his contract and remain with the Chargers. Tomlinson said that no matter how dire things may have looked, he never thought he’d be leaving the Chargers.

“I couldn’t see myself putting on another uniform,” Tomlinson said. “That Charger uniform, that No. 21, with the bolt on the side of my head, that’s pretty special.”

As for the sometimes acrimonious nature of the public discourse about his future, Tomlinson said that nothing that happened over the last two months has caused him to feel any ill will toward the team.

“It’s a two-way street,” Tomlinson said. “This is the part you don’t like, the business part of it. Obviously A.J. [Smith, the Chargers’ general manager] has been criticized, along with myself, about the things we’ve went though. That’s part of the business. I don’t hold any hard feelings toward anyone.”

He also addressed the 2010 roster bonus that was written into his deal, a bonus which will force the Chargers to make an early decision about whether or not he’ll remain with the team past the 2009 season. Tomlinson acknowledged his need to prove he could still be a healthy and productive back after turning 30 in June.

“For me, it’s good because I get to prove what I’m worth again. I get to prove to people. Like I said, that’s the way it’s always been for me. I’ve always enjoyed doing that. I get to do it once again.”

Tomlinson said he’s fully recovered from the groin injury that forced him to miss the AFC Divisional Round playoff game against the Steelers.

profootballtalk.com

2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

I hope the entire fugging team reads this quote

It's time to walk the walk gents

:tup:

3. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    So LT and AJ are exchanging ***-kissings through the media... :kisskiss: :kisskiss:

how cute :lol:

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    LT just got the signed check, for 6.75 mil. I'd say just about anything.

5. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    LT is a classy guy...I couldnt see in any other uniform either..I am happy.

6. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    GOOD TO KNOW.

THANKS FOR THE NEWS.

AND THE CAPITAL LETTERS.

:lol:

j/k

7. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    U can check your number 4 too!....

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Chapstick anyone?

9. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    "He also addressed the 2010 roster bonus that was written into his deal, a bonus which will force the Chargers to make an early decision about whether or not he’ll remain with the team past the 2009 season."

The same time next year we will have to hear from all of the AJ haters again. At least it will be another distraction to take our minds off of there not being any football until the draft.