1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlinson insists toe injury is healed

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Oct 23, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    We'll see...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txchargerstomlinson&prov=st&type=lgns

2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I don't buy it if I use last week as a measuring stick. LT did not look like the LT I know, I came to appreciate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I believe you LT! :)

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I buy it. It is not like he has had a lot of big holes to run through.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    If thats ture than our O-line needs to block a lot better...

Somebody do something... :icon_evil:

I want to win... :abq2:

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    In San Diego, wide receiver Chris Chambers practiced on a limited basis for the second straight day. He missed the past two games with an ankle injury. Chambers appears on track toward playing Sunday against New Orleans. Cornerback Antonio Cromartie didn't practice with a hip injury. He practiced Wednesday. Backup receiver Buster Davis didn't practice again with a groin injury. He missed the Buffalo game last Sunday.

Linebacker Jyles Tucker practiced on a limited basis with a hamstring injury. Running back LaDainian Tomlinson practiced fully after sitting out Wednesday because of a nagging turf toe injury.

7. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I don't know what game you watched seeing as it was blacked out due to a balloon incident. The one I seen, I watch LT not being able to cutback to the hole and it was blatant on three or more occasions. Not only that but I seen him go down on a bump, not a tackle. That is not the LT I know and love to watch perform.

I hate that he's injured and I do hope he's better because we all know' as does the world, he is simply the best.:tup:

8. Binary Bolt Fan

Binary Bolt Fan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    If you get the NFL channel, it is one of the replay games this week. I just watched it over lunch today. I do think LT is getting closer...

9. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    He looked good but his cutback ability was obvious, he couldn't do it. I hope for all of us he is better cause we can once again ride LT's legs.:icon_toast:

Damn what an addition to our passing game a healthy LT would be, the sky is the limit.

10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Well, I'll take his word on this.

But if he can't cut like he used to, N.O. will eat him up, just like they did with Adrian Peterson.

11. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    See post above. I would love to see LT run wild, it will be our game hands down. We haven't had that yet this year. I give the dude all the credit in the world, he played injured.

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Let's see what happens but if there's some creases and he can't get through it or doesn't appear to be going full speed he's going to have alot of questions to answer

13. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    If LT is on this Sunday, your Breeser will lose. There's no one who can say Breeser can't play the game on a high level; but if we get after him he'll fail.

14. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    You mean if he cuts HIMSELF to the ground like he did last week?

Freaking embarrassing, I was starting to wonder why this guy isn't on the IR. I think we could have saved ourselves a loss or two if we started Sproles.

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    wtf are you talking about??? :icon_shrug:

16. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I heard an interview with LT this morning on the radio from the UK and LT also insisted that the offensive line has played great all season. Of course his toe is still bothering him, but it's probably getting better. It looks like LT doesn't want to make an excuses, just like he won't throw the o-line under the bus even when they have a bad game. That's the way LT has been since he's been here. It's who he is. I'll take it over one of those "me" guys any day.

• Like Like x 1
  17. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Your favorite QB, just like the last president you voted for 2 times is what? A loser in the grand scheme of things as it all unfolds, just what I see. not as I predicted.:tdown:

18. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
  19. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I'd like to believe him but we all know what happened in the AFCCG. here's nothing better than hardcore proof. :tup:

20. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I also don’t think LT has cut well this year. He seems to slip and fall a lot. This is not that unusual for LT, he has always had some issues with slipping (it just seems more frequent this year). I seem to remember that he wears “short cleats” all the time in an effort to protect his knees; the theory being if his cleats get stuck in the ground during a cut he could hurt his knee. Does anyone else remember hearing this? If his toe is better, then he is going to have to do something to ensure he stays on his feet. If it is wet on the field Sunday, then slipping will be a big problem for him.

I’m praying for LT to get right…and have a BIG GAME! I miss watching him shred the defense!

• Like Like x 1
  21. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Everynight before the games i dream of LT breaking out and having a big game, and no not a 100-110 game, i mean 180-200 game with 3 td's. When i wake up i'm always optimistic but looks like it hasn't yet :unsure:

22. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    If Sproles starts,who's going to return kickoff's and punt's? :icon_shrug:

Sproles isn't a 25-30 carry per game RB. :no:

23. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    So, he 'does' still have a sore toe, not good shape yet?

24. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Cut the dam thing off already... :icon_evil:

Ok I feel better now... [​IMG]

:icon_tease:

25. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Time for the man to step up then. NO does not have a good run D and if he's 100% he ought to go for 100+. :bolt:

26. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    I don't think it's going to change. Injured or not, the offensive line just isn't opening holes the way they should. They're letting the 8-man box beat them. It just means we're in for another air display by Rivers, which is fine. We're not a run-first team anymore, whatever some may think.

27. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

They aren't a bad run D. They're 16th in the league, and they have a very good front four. As is true with all defenses, they're going to be stacking the box. It'll depend on the attitude of our offensive line and tight ends.

28. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    OK well show us then LT this sunday.

29. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    We'll find out Sunday. I seen LT missing cut's last week and go down way to easy. I hope he's healed and isn't just trying to be macho.

30. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Has anybody noticed after the first cut he's kind of falling? Even vs. the raiders when he had that first td run, he hardly kept his balance. He's always ONE tackle away from breaking away.