1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlinson: Jets are better than any Chargers team

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chavez, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Link

Tomlinson: Jets are better than any Chargers team
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 28, 2010 7:25 PM ET
    It's been too long since LaDainian Tomlinson said anything that annoyed his old team in San Diego. He joined the Scott Van Pelt Show Thursday to end the dry spell.

"Yes, I have been on some very fine teams. But I want to tell you this is the best team I've been on, top to bottom, talent-wise, coaching staff-wise, organization-wise. The whole nine," Tomlinson said via Tim Graham of ESPN.com. "This is the best opportunity I've had to win the championship."

That's where we disagree. The 2006 Chargers were loaded. They entered the playoffs at 14-2, on a ten-game winning streak. They out-scored the rest of the NFL by 65 points and had a top-eight defense. They just gagged at home to a flawed Patriots group.

Perhaps the Jets can stand out like those Chargers teams, but they have long way to go to separate from the rest of a packed AFC.

This much we know, however: The Jets are better than the 2010 Chargers, and LaDainian Tomlinson is far better this season than we ever expected.

Can't say I'm surprised - LT rubbing it in deep. Though in his defense the Jets are backing it up and we are laying on egg.

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I'd swear he'll destroy ten years of outstanding good will within one season with the Jets

4. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    He will? He already did that. I wish that bitch would just shut his pie hole.

He is dead to me now as a past charger. I hope they never put his number on the ring.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    You go L.T. Man, If only we hadn't choked up that 2006 playoff game. You would have still been here. Damm AJ and Norv eff this team up. How did this all end up like this? Damm!

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    *reads post*
    *sees signature images*
    *DOES NOT COMPUTE*

Man, f*ck Complainian. Does anyone else feel like everything he is doing this season only serves to prove he's been dogging it in SD for the past few years due to immense butturt (pretty much since Morty got sh*tcanned)?

7. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Talk is cheap. LT is history.

8. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Once again, I have no problem with what his says. I don't have to agree, but he is free to his opinions. Not a problem in my mind.

9. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    No way the Jets of 2010 are better than the 2006, or 2007 Chargers. Offense, OR Defense.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    That's EXACTLY how I feel.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Can't really argue his point right now.

12. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    This^^^

As a Bolt fan I can understand hating the guys guts but the interviewer asked him the question about past Chargers teams and this Jets team. It's not like LT went out of his way to trash the Bolts. He is a Jet now and was supporting them. What was he suppose to do, talk trash about the Jets on a NY radio station? Like that would have gone over real good.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    All it means is we gotta get our act together, meet them in the Playoffs and knock em out. Locker room wallpaper that's what it is. Let's get this thing goin, no more BS, let's show the world what we got. End of.

14. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Wonder if he'll still feel this way during the playoffs when it's cold, snowing, and he's on the sideline sitting on a heated bench with his helmet on... not helping his team win... again.

• Like Like x 1
  15. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :tup:

juck the fets

:icon_finger:

16. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    Yup, he's burnt bridges, he won't be remembered in the same way other Charger greats are because of his mouth. Too bad, I'd have liked to look back and remember him the way I did during most of his tenure here - fondly.

17. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I guess folks that live in the SD area have different feelings about this. I'm from NJ and I could care less what LT says now. I hated it at first but now I just think it's more him talking up his team and unfortunately long time Charger fans take it as a slap in the face. Had LT's skills truly diminished then this would all be a non factor because he wouldn't be interviewed as much which in turn allows him to make any comments. I think folks are more pissed off because he played stagnant the last 2 year with the Bolts and now is flourishing with the Jets and they wish he had been like that during his last couple of years here. Trust me, if you look at it as him just saying good things about the team he is on now and the management that had the faith in him it is alot easier to digest anything he says.

18. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    His best chance to win a championship? Does this as*bag remember we were in the AFCC game a few years ago? Where was he?

This guy is an idiot.

19. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    Classy!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Who fargin cares what the Jest say.

Gawd people, get over it... Everything LT says has yall crying...

21. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    ^^^^^This. That little bitch sat on the bench during the AFCCG while Rivers was playing on a torn ACL. I was cutting the guy a break at the time, but after listening to his whining screw him. I hope the Jest get bounced early if they make the playoffs. I will root against them no matter who they play. No way are the 10 Jest better than we were in 06 / 07.

22. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    I don't like LT anymore.

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I have to wonder if Philip Rivers would talk crap about his former team if he got cut? Somehow I do not see it with Rivers.

24. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    LT has a lot to say right now. He's in the Big Apple so of course he'll be in the news a lot more. His comments are more humorous than anything else. Here's a guy who constantly reiterates that "talk is cheap"... yet he continues to feed the hype machine by talking. When he wins his Superbowl with the Jets... then those of us who think he won't be a factor... can eat crow. I gladly will if he actually plays in the Superbowl.

25. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Remember I told all of you heathens that "LOYALTY IS ONLY AS THICK OR THIN AS YOUR WALLET" ?

Now you get to see it in action in our hero LT.

26. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    While I am afraid LT is right (the Jets ARE really REALLY good this year), I wish he would shut up. It's like one of the more humble classy guys in the NFL has been totally "Rexified" by his New Jersey experience.

I wish my boy, Tony freaking Richardson, would pound some sense into this burgeoning 30+ yr old primadonna. T-Rich has always been class, even when the Chiefs let him go (wrongly), he has never said a single negative word about the franchise and continues to be active in the community here despite playing for the Jets (and the Vikings before that).

27. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Seems like he is getting a case of the late career crazies like Seau did. Seau basically went batshit crazy over the last few years. LT is just feeding into the trash talking, crass, and low rent talk that is the Jets. Thought better of him, but once you leave "Stay Classy San Diego" where else do you have to go but down?

28. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    Listen to all the bitter X girlfriends. Man, could you guys be anymore butthurt he is sticking it to us?

I would disguise your butthurt a little better. Makes us Charger fans look pathetic.

29. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Not really. I do not remember Lance Alworth talking crap when he got his hardware.

If a players talks crap upon exit or even after, F-him. The fans have every right to tell that player to kiss the tip and like it.

If you wish to applaud LT whose own former linemen have not spoken to him, then you know something the rest of us do not.

30. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    Trump, we've talked about the lineman. Thats a weak excuse. Those guys got exposed and were not happy about it. Big shocker. These guys suck. You've said it, I've said it, the whole NFL has said it. But LT says it (9 year LEGEND FOR SD, Future HOF'r) and all of a sudden he's the devil.

The Chargers LET LT GO, on top of riding him out of SD by pushing a hate agenda through the media and fan message boards. Even Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates play the company line and throw some jabs at him.

He proved EVERYONE in SD wrong! EVERYONE.

Your telling me you wouldnt stick it to the people that doubted, disrespected and let you go? C'mon Trump, you'd be tap dancing on their 2-5 record. At least I hope you would!