1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlinson Looking for a Championship

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, May 17, 2010.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    May 15, 2010, 11:06 am

Tomlinson Looking for a Championship, and Some Good Italian Food
    By JOE BRESCIA

Running back LaDainian Tomlinson, who signed with the Jets in March, did not need to drink Gatorade’s G Series Pro to be energized when he promoted the beverage last month in Manhattan. Tomlinson, 30, has a chance to play on a Super Bowl contender after spending the first nine years of his career with the San Diego Chargers.
    Q.Why did you decide to sign with the Jets?

A.A couple of reasons. I had a good feeling after meeting and talking with Rex Ryan and his staff. And I’ve worked with Brian Schottenheimer before. I know his pedigree, how he works and his passion for the game.

Q.What do you think about Coach Ryan’s style?

A.The players are a reflection of the coach. If you have a coach that’s passive and nonconfrontational and doesn’t like to put it all out there, you get a team like that. Rex brings out the macho talk and tells everyone this is what we’re going to be and what we’re going to do.

And you see what happened. The players did it. It worked.

Q.You have been a starter and a star. Would you be happy as a backup or a third-down back with the Jets?

A.That’s absolutely O.K. with me. I’ve always said I want to win a championship. I can’t come on this team and demand to be a starter. I have to fit in. Wherever they want to use me, that’s fine.

Q.The Jets have recently added some players that have character issues. Do you see that as a problem?

A.Sometimes, players are like kids. After you realize what you’ve done and you see the reactions, hurting your family and friends, it changes you. When you come to a team where guys are counting on you and they tell you they need you, it changes guys. I don’t think it will be a problem. They have an opportunity here to make it all right and help their team win.

Q.Do you think being featured on the HBO series “Hard Knocks” will be a distraction for the team?

A.I look at it as a great opportunity for the team to show fans what it takes to prepare for an N.F.L. season. The fans get to know their favorite players behind the scenes. They’ll see there’s more to the players than what you see on Sundays or in an interview here or there. It’s good for the relationship between the players and the fans. The team will be so focused on our goal to win a championship, it won’t bother us. And the show happens before the season even starts. Nothing will distract us.

Q.Who are you looking forward to meeting?

A.I want to meet Donald Trump. That would be cool. And I like to play golf, and he has a nice course in New Jersey, the Trump National.

Q.Is there a New York athlete you would like to meet?

A.LeBron James. So I’m hoping he comes here to play.

Q.What’s on your iPod?

A.Jay-Z, Raheem DeVaughn and Fred Hammond.

Q.Have you found a favorite place to eat?

A.I’m just starting to try different restaurants. Any place that serves good Italian food. I love Italian food.

It is getting harder to forgive LT for wearing his heart on his sleeve.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/...mpionship-and-some-good-italian-food/#preview

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    But... this wasn't ok in San Diego. Right?

I'm done reading about Ladainian Tomlinson until he hangs up his cleats. I don't want to ruin the good memories I've had of the guy, just because he's a very confused individual.

Wake me when he retires.

3. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    greene>sproles as a hb. plus the o line. not hard to figure anything

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :lol:

can't wait for the season to start

:bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Tomlinson had a great chance to win a superbowl here, HE did nothing to help this team win it (in the playoffs)

6. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Who?

On to the next one.

7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    better change the number (and face mask color :lol:) in your sig

8. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    i didnt make it, i dont really care either way lol i found this somewhere on the interwebz

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Did he retire? No
    Is he dead? No

Sounds to me like any other active NFL player - he says he wants to win it all. Isn't that the right thing to say?

LT is no longer of any current importance to me.

10. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Yes, let's sign him before anyone else finds out about it. He is a great big asset and will help us greatly. His baggage is minimal and it's not that big a hit against our salary cap.

:icon_twisted:

opps, sorry wrong thread

:flag:

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Note to LT: From the bench, the field looks the same no matter what jersey you are wearing. Good luck spectating your way to a ring. :tup:

12. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    How do you think LT would have reacted if we drafted a RB in the 1st or even traded up to get one? Do you think he'd be fine with being demoted because he just wants to win a ring, or do you think that he'd be peeved?

LT has no choice but to accept the backup role in NY, but I'm willing to bet it'd be different here.

Although really if we did take a RB in the 1st and still kept Sproles, LT would be relegated to goal line duties or 3rd string. No way he'd be happy with minimal carries.

13. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851

You mean the same Rex Ryan that all but threw in the towel on the Jets' season with 3 weeks left, until they were gifted a win and a heartbeat by the Colts?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Gifted TWO wins by the Colts and Bengals. Rex and his "swagger" should have been 7-9 and watching the playoffs on TV. Yeah they beat us, but let's not pretend like they were juggernauts who bullied their way into the playoffs.

People have short memories.

15. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984

Yeah, you need a fiery guy like Belichick, Tom Landry, Tony Dungy, Joe Gibbs, Don Shula, etc. Those guys were always running around talking **** and being confrontational.

16. Boltzlover

Boltzlover BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Q.What do you think about Coach Ryan’s style?

A.The players are a reflection of the coach. If you have a coach that’s passive and nonconfrontational and doesn’t like to put it all out there, you get a team like that. Rex brings out the macho talk and tells everyone this is what we’re going to be and what we’re going to do.

And you see what happened. The players did it. It worked.

Now he is taking more shots at Norv. LT just wants to talk **** about everyone connected with the Chargers. I am really, really glad LT is now a NON charger. :yes:

17. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I have no problem with what LT says. He has been PC enough in his public comments while he is trying to get a few more years on the field. Good Luck LT!

18. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    GO LT GO.

19. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    I think it's really sweet how the NY media is cozying up to LT.
    I hope he enjoys the limelight and all the attention he's getting before the season begins... it might be a different story when he's asked to run the football.

By the time the season is halfway over the ravenous reporters and writers will be cutting him to ribbons and he'll be pouting on the sidelines because he is a benchwarmer.

Hope you brought some long underwear LT. It gets cold standing around on the Jets sideline on those cold Sunday afternoons in December in New York. Brrrrr.

I am just getting a little nauseous hearing about LT this and LT that. He's a fricking Jet for crying out loud. Let's all quit talking about him.

LT is essentially dead to me now. It's about the TEAM not the players. He's no longer a Charger and I'm over him... until he retires.

20. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Tomlinson is a Jet because the Jets need to sell PSL's. He is a big name and the Jets compete with the Giants and the Giants have sold out their PSL's. This is why the OTHER team is NY is making all these big moves. Tomlinson is a tool of the ownership of the NY Jets.

21. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Sorry for being late to the party...but how interesting would it be if we actually won the Lombardi the year after he leaves while badmouthing the organization on the way out?!

Pretty darn comical if you ask me.

The #21 jersey is on the back of the rack 'till he signs his one day contract.

• Like Like x 1