1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlinson won't consider a pay cut in 2010.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
  2. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
  3. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    At this rate, only place he's gunna get himself a ring is ridin' the pine on some all-star squad.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Every since LT's I'm a classy guy sermon he hasn't been the same.

What a beautiful sunset it is over the Pacific, twilight indeed, is upon you LT.

5. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    You should read the comments on the page, they're pretty damn funny.

:icon_rofl:

Like we need LT to beat the Raiders. Like we needed LT to beat anyone this year.
    We're definately screwed without him. (/Sarcasm)

And then this one:
    Who says we don't respect what he di for us? We respect him and what he did for us, we just know it's time for him to move on.

Stupid people with their stupid comments.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,419
    If you ever want a lesson in stupidity read user comments at the end of sports articles.

Reading YouTube comments also works.

7. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    He has no choice.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I just think like most backs he doesn't understand that his career is ending and he's just not as good as he used to be. I understand it perfectly because all the great backs went through the same thing. I just wish him well and like Emmitt and the Cowboys, LT will always remain a Charger

9. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I wonder if these players will ever learn,

AJ Smith does not respond well to public displays of dissatisfaction with the business side of the Bolts.

Why does LT feel the need to air this? It makes him sound like a whiny, bitter, washed up has been

:tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    I don't understand why he says he won't take a pay cut when he has to know that no team in their right mind will pay anywhere near what he's making now. I don't want to see him turn into Shaun Alexander.

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,419
    I just hope that if he goes to another team he does so relatively quietly.

I'd hate to see him go out the door *****ing about disrespect and other BS and find a bunch of Chargers fans forgetting about the legacy he's paved over the past decade for this team because they have short memories and only remember his *****ing ala Junior Seau.

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,419
    He's already done enough over a long enough stretch of time to not be Shaun Alexander...even if he does end his career like Shaun. (Which I'd rather not see, either)

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Because he thinks he can still do it, he thinks he's back in 2007 and thinks he can still get big bucks to do it. He should remember last year when there was still debate if he could do it and he didn't get many if any offers. This year, very unlikely.

And he's definitely not Shaun Alexander, LT has done way more and gets far more respect. Even now he's more productive then Alexander was

14. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    at this point I don't want LT on the Chargers, I appreciate everything he's done for the team, but he's no longer a great back, he's just average, and at his salary :no:, a rookie can do just as average job, plus a rookie RB won't complain about his touches or still be bitter because his BFF QB is gone

I would prefered if he retired but looks like it's going to be Emmit Smith part 2 (except with no records) combined with Seau :tdown:

15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,419
  16. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    I understand LT voicing his disapointment and I don't mind at all! I mean, the guy was the face of this franchise for a decade and hes been this teams biggest fan and advocate in that time...you'd be a little bitter too if you thought you were being shut out after giving so much good service...espically since you believe you can give MORE.

I understand what hes saying about the new players coming into the league...the younger generation DO NOT have the same values that players before them had...things have changed dramatically there and it must be hard to unite a locker room that does not want to be as close in the firsy place!

I also feel bad for LT in that the Team as gradually being trying to move away from him as the focal point in the offence, and that in itself must be hard on anyones ego. Ever since Rivers and Norv have hooked up they have changed the type of team we are from a hard-nosed running team to a finese passing team...thats a pretty hefty change! and it left LT out in the cold...yeah I'd be a little bitter too!!:unsure:

Karma San Diego Chargers....Karma. Lets hope it doesn't bite us in the A$$

17. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Karma? What does karma have to do with playing ability?

Look, I LOVE LT. I wouldn't have 5 of his jersies hanging in my closet if I didn't.

But, as far as him being "not happy" with the way he was used? Sorry LT, but you aren't that 1200-1400 yard back any more. Someone needs to show him video of him NOT hitting the holes like he used to. Someone needs to show him how he used to read a defense, make the correct cut and run for major yards. He can't do that either now.

18. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,419
    I agree with your first two paragraphs, but not this one.

While I can comprehend being taken aback by it a bit, if LT is truly sore about this then he's not as much of a team player as I've always thought he was.

LT is quite arguably the greatest Charger of all time and was the face of this team for the past decade, but he's not going to be around forever.

Rivers is this team's future and building the team around his strengths only makes sense.

You can argue that "karma" might screw us because we went away from what previously was our focal point, but I counter that trying to hold on to the past who's aging instead of going with what best suits are current talent make up would most definitely screw us.

We saw a hint of that in the playoff game when we kept trying to force LT up the middle...

19. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Ray Lewis said the same thing but he stayed in Baltimore.

20. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I too am a HUGE LT fan and like a lot of you have several jerseys, my son and I have posters and agree he could be the greatest Charger ever. I'm sad to see him go but that is life in the NFL (Not For Long) LT showed he doesn't have the moves in 2006 and earlier not to mention the run blocking and Lo Neal plowing his way for him. The injuries took a toll too. I wish LT the best of luck and appreciate all he has done for this organization and community. That said, we have to find the next great RB in the draft to lead this team. This team is still a playoff contender and with a better running game, a healthy Jamal and a certain FG kicker not choking in the clutch we will be right there once again. We are still the best team in the AFC West but we better get this done soon before KC, Oakland and Denver restock and get better. Don't see any of those 3 challenging us. That said, we better be able to beat teams like the Jets/Colts/Pitt, etc to get to the big dance. I still believe we can get there and win it all as long as we have PR.

21. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    He has been whining like this since Brees and Marty left. He whined last summer about his contract and not being respected. He smiles and says he is a team guy as we are rolling into the playoffs and now that the season is over, he starts pulling out the no respect card again!

He can't get around the corner on DEs with his speed anymore.

He can't leave LBs holding their jock on cuts up the middle.

He gets tripped up by a blade of grass when he used to power right through them.

He needs to realize that he does not have the skills anymore to be a Featured back. Maybe Marty ran him into the ground during those years, but time and injuries have slowed him down.

You want an example of a RB going out with class, look at Bettis. He became the back burner RB, but HE was about team.

22. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
  23. Bolt Attack

Bolt Attack BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    I agree 100%. The thing that really irritates me is that most people don't take into consideration that part of the issue with the running game is that our offensive line does not do well in run blocking. This, along with them continually trying to run him up the middle where no back would gain yards is crazy. I am not saying that he is the same as 2006, however he still is better than most and should be given the respect that he deserves. IMO!

24. Bolt Attack

Bolt Attack BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    What holes, did not see many of those this year.

25. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    there where many holes there that the 2006 LT would have exploited, 2009 LT was always oh so close from breaking one (but he has lost a step or two), Sproles was able to exploit them better

I love LT but he's no longer a good RB, we need a new RB, we can't keep LT just for sentimental reasons

• Like Like x 1
  26. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,419
    LT's made a living eating defenses alive running up the middle over the past decade.

It's about finding the hole. RBs run up the middle all the time.

If the OL isn't making holes, then yes that's part of the problem, but don't say no backs ever gain yards running up the middle because that's hardly the truth.

27. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Go back and watch. As Kwak also said, LT does NOT have the speed to go around the edge either.

Part of what made LT was his ability to see what the defense was doing right at the snap. He'd see that, make a cut, and gone. He CANNOT do that anymore.

28. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    That's LT's only chance to stay on this team; to be a emergency back up and a motivator/mentor in the weight room, locker room, and on the field. Sadly, I don't think he has it in him.

29. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    this sort of says it all... LT please STFU and ride off into retirement gracefully.

30. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    He'll always be a great back in my estimation. It would be even greater if he would quit sounding so bitter.

Funny how he was happy with his role, behind Norv's usage of him this year, glad to be healthy going into the playoffs, etc. until we lost & the money issue is now here to be addressed.

See you in Canton, LT. I'll be the guy with the long beard cheering for you. Time to move on.