1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tony Romo calls preseason "invaluable"

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Tony Romo calls preseason "invaluable"

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 12, 2010 1:54 PM ET

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones thinks the NFL should a shorten the preseason and lengthen the regular season.

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, however, has a different perspective.

"It's really invaluable," Romo says of the preseason. "It's where you grow as a player; you learn what your weaknesses and strengths are. You can use those as a tool to get better."

Romo's perspective is an important one to consider. Romo signed with the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2003, and he didn't throw a pass in a regular-season game until 2006. The experience Romo got through four years of preseasons was a big part of what allowed him to eventually become a star, and if the preseason is cut in half, players like him will have fewer opportunities.

And even now that he's a proven veteran, Romo says that in the preseason, "I'm always up for playing a lot." That's not a viewpoint we usually hear from NFL veterans about preseason games. But it's a viewpoint worth considering as the league moves toward cutting the preseason short.

2. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    With a similar path as our current franchise QB, Philip Rivers may share similar sentiments. I'd love to hear from him.