1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 10 Shakiest NFL Head Coaches

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SD Native WY, Oct 20, 2009.

1. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Of course this is opinion and subject to controversy but it certainly fits.

Top 10 Shakiest NFL Head Coaches

http://pacmanjonesin.com/2009/08/30/top-10-shakiest-nfl-head-coaches/

3) Norv Turner -Highly competent coordinator and horrific head coach. If Mike Shanahan, Jay Cutler and the Broncos hadn’t completely collapsed last season then the 8-8 Chargers would have been out of the playoffs. This is simply inexcusable for a team with as much talent as anyone in the league. Anything short of an 11-5 record and Super Bowl appearance this season will be a disappointment.

2) Marvin Lewis – Only Mike Brown knows why Marvin Lewis is still the head coach of the Bengals. As far as I’m concerned, one great year out of eight means you’re not getting the job done. However, Brown made the decision to bring Lewis back for yet another season. Isn’t defense supposed to be Marvin’s specialty? As far as I can tell, D just stands for Deplorable in the Lewis Era in Cincinnati.

1) Wade Phillips – Bum’s son is a fun loving happy-go-lucky guy and proficient defensive coordinator. However, like Norv Turner, Phillips just isn’t head coaching material. While it certainly can’t be an easy task to perform with Jerry Jones standing over your shoulder, Phillips has to do better than a 9-7 record. Jer-ah just isn’t going to tolerate another year on the outside of the playoffs looking in.

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Marvin lewis has at least made big improvements this year, so I wouldn't throw him under the bus (and if he was I'd hire HIM!). Norv obviously. Wade Phillips - be great to bring him back as the DC

3. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

Fixed

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I wouldn't bring Wade back, just look at the Dallas defense. Nuff said.