1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 32 FA on the Market (According to Pete Prisco)

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Feb 13, 2008.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    http://sportsline.com/nfl/story/10636763

I know FA time is so quiet even the crickets complain, but there are some interesting players out there. Specifically I'm looking at the big tackles they have in FA including Sean Locklear, Max Starks, Stacy Andrews (still real raw) and Maurice Williams. All of whom, especially Starks and Andrews, are HUGE guys. If Clary really isn't our choice at RT then baring someone really catching our fancy in the draft, lets import some huge freak in to team up with McNeil as bookends.

Out of those four I'd rank
    1. Maurice Williams (experience on the Jags, really talented)
    2. Max Starks (freakishly huge with talent)
    3. Stacy Andrews (I think he's worth the risk)
    4. Sean Locklear (Since Hutchinson left that OL, I'm kinda suspicious of the working parts)

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Starks would be my choice.

3. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Did the guy actually say that Turner had wear on his tires? The guy has 228 carries in 4 seasons. Doing the math, the ball boy has had more carries then him. How could Prisco say he has wear? The guy is an idiot.

4. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    15. Bryant Johnson, WR, Arizona Cardinals: IS a STUD... too bad we don't need a WR....

18. Calvin Pace, LB, Arizona Cardinals: IS a legit 3-4 OLB... he'd fit right in...

Calvin Pace, Arizona Cardinals
    Ht: 6-4 Wt: 272
    Position: 3-4 OLB
    Rated #27 on the Free Agent list by Scout.com - he certainly "fits" the Bolts 3-4 OLB mold, he was drafted for it...

The Arizona Cardinals selected Calvin Pace as their second of two first-round picks in the 2003 NFL Draft.

2007 - Pace started all 16 games for the Cardinals and set the tempo on the defense. He tied with Gerald Hayes for tackles with 98. Pace tallied a career-high 6.5 sacks and one fumble.
    2006 - Pace appeared in all 16 games and started in five. He had 29 tackles and one sack.
    2005 - Pace played in five games with one start. His season was cut short when he suffered a laceration of his arm during the bye week. Before Pace was placed on injured reserve he posted 11 tackles and a sack.
    2004 - Performed in 14 games with zero starts. Pace registered 12 tackles and 4.5 sacks.
    2003 - In his rookie campaign, Pace started in all 16 games. He tacked on 32 tackles and one sack.

*** was out in AZ for the preseason game this year, and these two guys showed well... one can never have enough 3-4 OLB's...

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Pace would definitely be a good backup OLB my only question si what's he going to want price wise and what sort of teams will want him?

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    How many free agents have a big year, test free agency, sign for big money, then under-perform. I'd rather see us add depth to our lines and find Jamal's understudy

:tup::tup::tup:

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    BOING !!!!! :tup:

8. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Maurice Williams would be my pick...

[​IMG]

I can imagine him on our side...:lol:

9. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
  10. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    #1 choice: Maurice Williams
    Like the idea Ant had "team up with McNeil as bookends."

#2 Choice: Ken Hamlin
    Weddle & Hamlin, whoa! That would be sweet!

11. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    I say we "pick up" MT. We already know what he is worth when LT gets hurt.

Peterbuilt is having a sale. Pick one up to anchor the right side? :lol:

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Can[t argue the logic. Maurice as a FA, a nose tackle as a number one.

13. chargerlipz

Ratings:
    +151

Oops, I meant Flozell Adams. Maybe it was a freudian slip and I really want a DT.

14. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    That works too, but it would be a tad expensive-yet probably worth it.

15. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    every year we forget that AJ does NOT sign top-tier free agents, look for free agents in the No. 33 - No. 64 range :icon_shrug:

16. chargerlipz

Ratings:
    +151
    I didn't forget, I was just saying what free agents I would pick up from the list. Not saying AJ will do it.