1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 5 Overrated Successes.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Jun 11, 2009.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    1.) American Idol... It does have some talented singers and the try outs are funny for about ten minutes. I can understand some success but not the massive success. I really don't get how it got such a massive amount of viewers at all.

2.) Survivor... Last corporate job I had, people talked about the show like a football game and how bummed they were about so and so getting booted off the island or how it should have been the other.
    I watch one show and was like "that was the most boring thing I've ever seen." I gave it another chance. Half way through... it didn't pick up , so I switched the channel.

3.) Dave Mathews Band... Taking it that the Grateful Dead, Phish, Widespread Panic, etc. aren't my thing but I see what the crowd gets out of those bands. Dave Mathews... not at all.

4.) Robbin Williams... I thought it was very fitting with he, Whoopi Goldberg, and Billy crystal started buddying up. Three so-called comedians that aren't funny.

4.) Naked Gun and Airplane... Just a bunch of material that's not funny.

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,672
    Well, if you've never seen them live (I have 7 times), you just won't understand. Also, the latest CD is AWESOME.

3. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    American idols success surprises very few, normally those that are a bit out of the hype loop.

Every city the show has auditions, a feew hundred thousand people show up, I don't care what substance the show has, with those numbers its going to be a huge success. No sectret there.

4. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I hate American Idol. A bunch of singers I wouldn't listen to.
    I did like Rockstar Inxs and Supernova. I'm trying to figure out how to do American Idol Metal. :rockout: I'm trying to get Ronnie James Dio to be a judge.

I did like the first couple of seasons of Survivor, then it got old.

Not into DMB.

I love Robin Williams!

Naked Gun is OK but Airplane is :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
  6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,460
    I was with you until I got to 4 and what I assume was meant to be 5 (instead of 4 again)

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Yup :icon_redface: