1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 5 Overrated Successes.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Jun 11, 2009.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    1.) American Idol... It does have some talented singers and the try outs are funny for about ten minutes. I can understand some success but not the massive success. I really don't get how it got such a massive amount of viewers at all.

2.) Survivor... Last corporate job I had, people talked about the show like a football game and how bummed they were about so and so getting booted off the island or how it should have been the other.
    I watch one show and was like "that was the most boring thing I've ever seen." I gave it another chance. Half way through... it didn't pick up , so I switched the channel.

3.) Dave Mathews Band... Taking it that the Grateful Dead, Phish, Widespread Panic, etc. aren't my thing but I see what the crowd gets out of those bands. Dave Mathews... not at all.

4.) Robbin Williams... I thought it was very fitting with he, Whoopi Goldberg, and Billy crystal started buddying up. Three so-called comedians that aren't funny.

4.) Naked Gun and Airplane... Just a bunch of material that's not funny.

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Well, if you've never seen them live (I have 7 times), you just won't understand. Also, the latest CD is AWESOME.

3. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    American idols success surprises very few, normally those that are a bit out of the hype loop.

Every city the show has auditions, a feew hundred thousand people show up, I don't care what substance the show has, with those numbers its going to be a huge success. No sectret there.

4. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I hate American Idol. A bunch of singers I wouldn't listen to.
    I did like Rockstar Inxs and Supernova. I'm trying to figure out how to do American Idol Metal. :rockout: I'm trying to get Ronnie James Dio to be a judge.

I did like the first couple of seasons of Survivor, then it got old.

Not into DMB.

I love Robin Williams!

Naked Gun is OK but Airplane is :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
  6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
    I was with you until I got to 4 and what I assume was meant to be 5 (instead of 4 again)

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Yup :icon_redface: