1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Top 5 Pick

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ikeman83, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Thanks to some amazingly terrible play by our O-line, we are actually somewhat in position for a top 5 pick in 2013. Currently, we are in a six way tie for the 7th overall pick, with the 3rd (2 wins) and 6th (3 wins) worst teams in the league playing on MNF. I really feel as though this debacle could put us over the edge to getting swept the rest of the season, and maybe even catapult us to the number 2 overall pick, as JAX still has Buffalo, the Jets, and Tennessee on their schedule.

Take heart, Charger fans, and continue to root for Norv to be himself...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    I said this last year and got verbally assulted for it.:roflmao:

Cheers for delaying the inevitable Deano.:tup:

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Doesn't matter if we don't draft beef.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12

been saying this ever since i registered on this forum, BEEF

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,593
    Good thing there's a damn good tackle staring at us in the top5-10 region; Luke Joeckel from Texas A&M

• Like Like x 2
  6. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455
    Last year, I thought we might be able to pull our heads out and get things straightened up. especially based on how the line played at the end of the year. This year I have no such faith. Told my buddy sitting next to me at the game if the Ravens converted 4th and 29 that we would lose and I wanted us to lose the rest and pick top 5. The sad thing is if I was a fan of basically any other team in the NFL I wouldnt have even thought it was plausible that a team could convert a 4th and 29.

7. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629

If I'd wanted the Chargers to win, I would have been devastated last night. The constant sacks of Rivers negated so much good play by the defense, and watching their receivers blocking downfield made me incredibly jealous. Fortunately, as I was rooting for the "L", I got the extreme pleasure of being pleasantly rewarded for my dedication with that 4th and 29 play, as well as with watching the Ravens make masterful second half adjustments which went completely unanswered by our coaching staff.

8. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    And Eric Fisher, keep your eye on that guy. Like Ryan Clady he has dominate game tape, but may slide because he plays in a smaller conference. Lewan is a solid LT prospect as well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    If we do end up with a top five pick- we need to get our next LT for the next 10yrs and then move Mike Harris to RT and kick Clary out of the door

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,593
    I'd look also at that tackle from Virgina Oday something or other as well as Joeckel's teammate, Jake Matthews. I'd never bet against a child of Bruce Matthews

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,610
    this

12. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    We have not done that in 25 years, why should we start now?

13. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings:
    +250
    Unfortunately this now feels like the only thing we have to look forward to.

The sad part is, most of us probably have a horrible feeling that Norv and AJ will still be here to waste it...

14. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    My only consolation is that I can't believe that Spanos wouldn't fire a coach with a 4-12 record.