1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Top Fullback has Chargers on his radar!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    Game’s top fullback Leach lists teams on his radar | ProFootballTalk

Game’s top fullback Leach lists teams on his radar
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 20, 2011, 10:28 AM EDT
    APWhen making free agent lists, no one makes a “best available” fullback run down.

But Texans fullback Vonta Leach is no normal fullback; he’s respected enough by his peers that NFL Network’s Top 100 list had Leach in the top 60. (While Leach is a beast, that high a ranking for any fullback seems a little crazy.)

Houston wants to keep Leach, but it sounds like the eight-year veteran is interested in seeing what’s out there. Leach told Adam Schein of SIRIUS NFL Radio (via ESPNNewYork.com) that the “Giants, Seahawks, and Charger” are on his radar if he winds up leaving Houston.

It’s nice to be slowly getting back into posts like this, isn’t it?

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'd love to replace Hester with someone like Leach but I seriously doubt that AJ is gonna let his pride take that hit.

3. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    I've read of countless guys that say that "San Diego" is on their list of possible places. Of course, what's not to like? Great weather, great fans, a team that is a yearly contender, a free-wheelin' GM, woops....scratch that last one. You want into Sunny D? Bring in a positive attitude...plus, your agent should know that it's not going to be a show-me-the-money-arm-twisting-slam-dunk. Come in with your guns blazing, and a "my player is a cross between Jesus and Superman* " attitude, and you might as well keep them there bags packed.

I do like that more players are realizing that S.D. is THE PLACE to be.
    GO BOLTS! (nearing the end of the week, the energy is changing)..

*I'd personally prefer a player that's a cross between
    the Buddha and Spiderman.

4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,411
    I'd say his pricetag is more of an issue than AJ's pride. The Chargers just aren't going to pay top dollar for the FB position.

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408

I'd say they already paid a pretty high price.

6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    where would you rather play in December or January if you had a choice?

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    8 years in and he'd want mega bucks, fat chance.

8. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    ^^^^^^^^
    No doubt. What does Hester become if we pick up a real fullback? An overpaid, drafted too early ST star. Maybe if he works hard he'll make the Pro Bowl, just like KO.