1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Top NFL head coach candidates

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Nov 1, 2012.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
  2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,642
    That'll also change as we get closer to the end of the year and hot candidates at coordinator spots really begin to show what they can do

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +496
    of those, I want Ray Horton, just because I want the Chargers to have the first HC to wear cornrows :D

5. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +236
    It'll have to wait....Deano might be discussing extension for Norv after tonights game.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings:
    +295
    Dear God, no...

7. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    Ray Horton would be the most successive out of those coaches..

8. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    First there will be 4 more years of Obama, then 4 more years of Norv. It's like a biblical plague of extensions is happening...

9. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44
    Hand down on any of the 10 is Ray Horton.

10. Fender57

Fender57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I agree with Horton from the list. Too bad Brady Hoke isn't going to leave Michigan, I'd like to see what he could do in the pros.

11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +496
    the most what ?

12. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +502
    Successive. You know...follows the natural pattern of succession...in order...without interruption.:whistling:

13. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +502
    I could handle 4 more years of Obama, but 4 more years of Norv? Not bloody likely! (said with the requisite Cockney accent)

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Well after we get rid of Norv, who are we going to bring in to be the Offensive Coordinator, someone has to call the plays.

15. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    I nominate Hollywood Leo, he knows everything, just ask him. :p

16. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Hopefully it is someone who will speak up to the GM and explain why we need to improve the OL

17. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475
    Honestly knowing the facts makes me want Mike McCoy:

Fact #1 - Spanos will not hire a college coach. Mike Riley still sits in his craw.
    Fact #2 - Spanos will not fork out the money and go balls deep to land a Cowher\Gruden type.
    Fact #3 - Sean Payton will sign with the Saints or Cowboys before he ever signs with us.
    Fact #4 - Still plausible that Deano decides to kill just Norv and not AJ, so look for a HC type, not an HC\GM type.
    Fact #5 - If they do fire AJ, AG Spanos will become the GM so again, just an HC type.
    Fact #6 - Pagano is showing some skill in coaching a defense and may stay on, so we look to hire an offensive mind.

So based on those facts (Of course they are my facts and dont necessarily mean they are Deano's facts), Mike McCoy seems to be a solid candidate. The one thing that jumps out at me about this guy is he is not stuck in a rut. He can change and mold his offense around the team given him (Which appears to be Chip Kully's strength too). Orton was his QB and he went with more of a Raiders style offense with deep throws and power running. Tebow comes in mid season and he revamps it into a more read option style offense. Manning rolls in and he manages (with Manning) to install an audible led short to mid passing game with a solid delay based running game. Norval has a hard time remembering to call run plays when were up by 24. Or when were on the 1/2 yard line going in on 3rd down. Seems like the change our offense needs. Only issue I have with this guy is that I have no idea what his demeanor is or what type of practice\camp he would run. I am a firm believer that we need more discipline and more accountability in our locker room. If he doesnt have that, then get someone else.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    you pretty much nailed everything, its to bad we do not have an owner who wants a Lombardi