1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Torre to the Dodgers - NY Post - 3yrs/14.5 mil

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by AnteaterCharger, Oct 30, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    NY Post

JOE TORRE TO MANAGE DODGERS
    AGREES TO 3-YEAR,$14.5M DEAL
    By GEORGE KING
    Joe Torre has agreed in principle to manage the Dodgers

October 30, 2007 --

Joe Torre has agreed in principle to manage the Los Angeles Dodgers, The Post has learned.

Torre will accept a three-year deal worth $14.5 million to take over the club.

Grady Little resigned as Dodgers manager today, paving the way for Torre to replace him.

On Oct. 18, Torre, 67, rejected a one-year, $5 million contract offer with performance-based incentives to return to the Yankees.

Little, 57, leaves with one year remaining on his contract plus a club option for 2009. Team owner Frank McCourt said on the season's final day that Little would return next year.

"I've got my own personal reasons," Little said. "It was a mutual resignation."

Don Mattingly has been mentioned as a possible bench coach under Torre in L.A. Mattingly served in a similar capacity wit hthe Yankees and was interviewed to succeed Torre as manager. Instead, Joe Girardi was hired.

"I haven't seen that Joe's managing anywhere or going anywhere, so it's hard for me to answer that question. It's not a situation that I'm prepared to talk about," Mattingly said during a conference call.

But he didn't rule out that scenario.

"I think everyone knows how I feel about Joe. I have a ton of respect. He's helped me in so many different ways," Mattingly said. "If something would happen with Joe and he would want me to be a part of that, I'll make that decision."

Mattingly's son, Preston, is a minor leaguer in the Dodgers' organization.

Torre managed the Yankees to four World Series championships and 12 playoff appearances in as many seasons. Torre, who completed a three-year, $19.2 million contract this year, ranks eighth on baseball's career list with 2,067 victories and has won a record 76 postseason games.

2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Lets hope it was Cashman that made the Yanks