1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Touches will come' for Vincent Brown

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,207
    'Touches will come' for Vincent Brown
    by Michael Hurcomb | CBSSports.com
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/SD/san-diego-chargers

While Malcom Floyd, Antonio Gates and Eddie Royal have all been a big part of the Chargers' passing game through three games, wide receiver Vincent Brown has had a minimal impact. He's totaled eight catches on 14 targets for 50 yards and one touchdown.

Despite his slow start, coach Mike McCoy said there are no physical concerns with Brown, who missed the 2012 season due to a broken ankle and part of training camp with a hamstring injury. McCoy said Brown's production is a result of quarterback Philip Rivers not forcing passes, but added Brown's "touches will come."

"There may be something where Vincent may be No. 1 in the progression, but a coverage changes so you do not get it to him," McCoy said, per U-T San Diego. "It’s not like we’re not trying to get him the ball. It’s just Philip taking what the defense is giving him. All the receivers have done a great job of having the flexibility to move them around. In some of the no-huddle we have run, whether they are an X receiver or a Z receiver, they have done everything we've asked them to do. His touches will come."

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,152
    I certainly hope so. I hope that the other receivers can get open also, and that we can get Malcolm back soon...

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,207
    OK Vincent... using this doll tell us where they touched you...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,152
    Didn't we have Tutu, and what's wrong with teaching L Green some of the WR routes?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +447
    I've been advocating that too, let's get Green lining up in a WR position and running one of their routes. Saw Tutu on special teams at w/e. I even thought I spotted 1 or 2 plays where Donald Butler was on the field when we were defending our goal line at some stage, was I seeing things?

6. Kayworks

Kayworks BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    I'm ready for him to #LEGO..... . Bolts really need to focus on running the ball this game, which will open the passing for our X,Y'z's

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Both Brown and Allen appear to be part of the Bolt future and I'd love nothing more than to see these boys step it up.

8. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    The problem with Allen is they are using him as the X where right now he doesn't have the Speed, strength, or experience to beat the CB off the line of scrimmage to get down the field.

He like the rest of our WR's on the team are all better Z's. IMO pointy hit the nail on the head, out side of Floyd who may be out for a while, L. Green would make a great X (the second coming of Megatron)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    They might be working on this but we'll never get it from the turtles mouth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kayworks

Kayworks BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Love the AVATAR Hexebolt.. LOL I need to learn what an X, Y and Z is... I think the are calling it something else now.... Loin Bobcat and Cougar

11. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    X is Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, AJ Green (number one, big play guys)

Z or slot is the one who usually runs the short routes who is a second option if the X is covered.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Kayworks

Kayworks BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    So.... VB would be a "X".. I'm going to rewatch Week 3.... THANKS!

13. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Brown is behind on his development. He is basically a step above a rookie. Normally you see WR's make the leap year 3 but he did miss all of last year. I would expect next year to be the season Brown steps up.... if he does.

Allen is what he is... a rookie.

14. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    I did not make the avatar, Blue did and he allowed me to use it. I like it too!. They used to be called, Split-end, Flanker and tight end now they're called X Y and Z, I think Don Coryell had a hard time pronouncing all the names and changed it to make it easier on himself.:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +316
    ^^^ this. VB is very athletic and it looks like they're working him into the system. KA is not too far behind in terms of development.

16. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +447
    Not a chance he is an X.

17. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    I don't think its Browns development so much as it is the lack of them attempting to throw it to anyone.

Through 3 games, Brown has played 93 percent of the snaps, and has caught 8 receptions off of 14 targets, for 50 yards:sleep:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kayworks

Kayworks BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    I know we're all looking for Da break out game from the following:
    RM <---
    VB <---
    KA <---
    From the looks M80 is probably going be out until after the break.. DEN(ISH).

Boy I'm starting to sound like a GM.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +316
    I hear you. The offense has been breaking out in the first half of games...then breaking up in the second half. Come on Boltz offense, let's carry the defense for a few weeks until they get the chit together!

20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    Touches will come for Brown when he shows he can consistently break away from defenders

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    Free agent WR David Nelson worked out for the Chargers on Thursday.

It's an indication the Bolts don't expect Malcom Floyd (neck) back any time soon. Nelson worked out for the Jets on Tuesday, and the Patriots last week.

22. Kayworks

Kayworks BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    ya ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Nelson_(American_football) What's wrong with him ?????? is he broken (or Broke in) ?

23. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
  24. Kayworks

Kayworks BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    If we do get him, we probably shouldn't let go up against Wright. BTW, where's this same Wright at on the Field? Why isn't he "TEARING" up the opposition??? Are our opponents scared to throw his way???