1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tough Enough!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by OverVolt, Dec 9, 2007.

1. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I really wanted to go into the "kneel before the chosen one" thread and repent...but all the babies have taken over that thread and started whining at each other:icon_shrug: Damn, where are the grown ups in this stinkin' forum???

Anyway, last week someone was talking about Rivers being "tough as nails" and I came in to say that was BS, because he hadn't done anything to carry this team, and battle to a win when the rest of the team wasn't performing.
    Today he has proven me wrong, he took a beating for three quarters and came out firing!
    He got dis'ed by LT at the end of the third quarter, and rather than sulk about it, got up and came out and busted the Titans in the mouth:abq2:
    Rivers got it going, LT got it going, and the O-line got it going...this was a win that showed me allot.
    Mostly it showed me that Rivers does have the toughness we all had hoped.
    BRAVO, and I'm glad I was wrong.

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I'll drink to that. :icon_toast:

Of course, I will drink to just about anything at this point. :icon_rofl:

3. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Nice repend.

The fact that he has a sprained knee and played the way he did in the 4th quarter shows a lot. He sucked eggs in the first half but bounced back. He had more time to throw in the 4th quarter which helped. He was under a lot of pressure most of the day.

Good win for the team :tup:

4. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Good post, at least you were a man and admitted that. Like I also say, I hope we win despite our coaching staff and PR and the boys did what it took to pull this one out. I knew it would be dogfight. Tenn's D is TOUGH as nails but PR got off the matt and fought back and won. Kinda reminds me of Rocky....

"Yo Adrian!"

[​IMG]

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Great team victory, Rivers stepped up when it counted most. We can build on this win as it was not given to us.

6. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    This game has got to be huge for Rivers. I'd say it's even more impressive for him personally than the Cinci and Denver comebacks were last year because last year the entire team stepped up their game. This game imo was more Rivers than anyone else. Rivers was getting absolutely tee'ed off on up until the very end of regulation and OT, but he was still completing passes. It was like he just gave up on trying to avoid the pressure and accepted the fact that Haynesworth and Vandenbosch were going to light him up. In spite of that, he kept making the throws that he needed to make.

I really really hope that this is the galvanizing game that gets Phillip over the funk that he's been in. I have a feeling like it might be.

7. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    This is exactly the type of game that we've been losing all season long, too.

8. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    i bleed blue and gold and would rather myself getting hurt then any cchargers but yeah maybe he should hurt his knee every week!just kidding thats wrong of me .sorry.i dont know im in a loopy mod seriously he stepped up big time i dont wish injury on anyone on the chargers

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886

Nice to see that someone else gets it.:tup:

10. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    They all could have easily given up, but they did not. I saw the same thing in the Jaguars game. People will bring up what happened on the sidelines, BUT IT DID NOT EFFECT WHAT HAPPENED ON THE FIELD! These guys stepped up their game, and managed to win one on the road, against a team that had to win. We outlasted them, and I'm proud of the guys..

11. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    http://www.bolttalk.net/forums/showpost.php?p=345487&postcount=18

Sure, I said it...

But then I also said that these guys had basically packed it in after 3 quarters of getting biitch slapped by haynesworth & co.

So I'll repent for that that shiit and I'm now drinkin' AJs Piss-Flavored Norvalicous Kool Aid. :icon_party::icon_party:

12. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

:icon_rofl: I can't go that far yet, but I do think this win was huge in terms of the team's mental edge...I see this game as the one that really gets this team up on it's pony...ride boys ride!!!!

13. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    All I know is, I've seen a lot of comeback football by some REALLY good QBs - from Brady to Elway to Marino to Montana - and that last 80 yard drive for the tying touchdown was THE most inspiring, courageous football from the QB position I've ever seen.

EVER.

Philip was on one bum leg, had gotten hit all game, and was still getting hit every play. The third down completion to LT was magical (even if it was called back) - Philip just refused to go down. Earlier in the game, the screen pass to LT for the first touchdown was a profile in courage. For the last part of the fourth quarter and in the overtime period, Philip Rivers reminded me of both Stan and Dan - and yet, at least for that brief period, he was better than both.

Here's to hoping it continues.

14. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Of all the games I had to miss, it had to be this one. Fuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyone know if it's going to be replayed anytime soon?

15. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I have no doubt it will be on NFL replay this week. :tup:

16. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I believe it's on NFL Replay tonight.

17. Boltsessive

Boltsessive Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3
    It's on early, 7pm Eastern.

18. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942

He's still not stepping into his throws. I wonder if last year's right foot injury is still bothering him?