1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Trade Question

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by gobigblue, Oct 15, 2007.

1. gobigblue

gobigblue BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    With the Rams out to a 0-6 start, they are head to head with the Dolphins for the worse record in the NFL and the #1 pick of the 2008 NFL draft. The Rams are definitely in a rebuilding mode. If he was available, would you trade next years 1st round pick for Torry Holt?

He's a year older than Moss and we all know what he's done for the Patriots. Holt has at least another good 5 years in him.

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Not for a first rounder. No way.

I mean, the Pats only lost a 4th rounder for Moss.

Maybe a 3rd rounder for Holt, but no way will I want to give a first for him.

3. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Holt is not worth a #1 pick in a trade.

#2, maybe but more likely a 3. IF they seek to trade him, they will not get much more. Rams would take ~4-5mill cap hit if they traded him, but that shouldn't be an issue.

He is getting 4.1 this year base.

2008 = 5.6M, 2009 6.6M

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    For a #2, maybe, for a #3, hell yes I would.

I think, w/out a doubt, we need to get a vet reciever in here to show these kids how to play. I know McCardell was getting a little long in the tooth, but I still wish we would have hung onto him, especially w/ Parker (our other veteren) out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    He would be worth a #1, IF. and I said IF, if he reworks his contract. He is getting paid way to much $$$$$$$$$.

Otherwise let him sit in St.Louis

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

Let's talk about this comparison in week 14 when Moss is hurt

It's only a matter of time

:tdown: :tdown:

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I'll wait and see how Holt holds up through this season and wait and see what our guys look like after they have another season under their belts. Once Norv and Rivers adjust to one another, and that is Norval's track record, a trade for another wide out may drop down the list. If we can find one I'd trade for an O lineman for next season. Unless the Illustrated Man makes a comeback.

8. gobigblue

gobigblue BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Both teams at full strentgh playing their "A" game, I think we can compete with New England. The Chargers with a WR like Holt...I think puts us over the top!!!

9. gobigblue

gobigblue BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Second opinion sounds more like Parker may not come back at all this year. I think AJ pulls the trigger on a veteran WR similar to him bringing in McCardell from Tampa Bay. At this point, maybe we should have went after someone like Kevin Curtis!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3065148

Turner also said wide receiver Eric Parker is getting a second opinion on his right big toe. Parker broke the toe during a June minicamp, and had surgery on it in early August. The Chargers said at the time they expected Parker to be out up to 10 weeks.

"We need to have a resolution on this at some point, soon, because if Eric's not going to make it back, we have to look and see if there's another direction," Turner said. "If he can make it back, we would love to get him back. This week, I think we'll have a little bit better feel, because we are being aggressive in seeing where he's at."

10. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    There are grumblings on other boards that Eric Parker may not be back this year.

Per the Charger.com board
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3065148

Kevin Acee's "mailbag" from the UT...
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/mailbag.html

11. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Beat me to it. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Well if AJ is going to do something, it better be now.

October 16 - Trading deadline

13. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    at 1:00pm PST... (4:00 EST)