1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Training Camp Scedule... See ya there...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SanDiegoRon, Jun 29, 2012.

1. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    http://www.chargers.com/news/articl...nnounced/b9254e5d-58ae-45cd-a356-d3005820cb91

The start of the 2012 NFL season is just around the corner.

The 2012 San Diego Chargers will open Training Camp to the public on Saturday, July 28 at Chargers Park with a practice from 3:45-6:00 p.m. Gates will open at 3:00 p.m..

Head Coach Norv Turner and the Chargers will have a total of 10 practices open to the public, including a special night practice at Qualcomm Stadium on Wednesday, Aug. 1 and FanFest 2012 (presented by Bud Light) at the stadium on Saturday, Aug. 4.

Training Camp Practice Schedule Open to Public

Sat. 7/28 Practice 3:45-6:00 p.m.
    Sun. 7/29 Practice 10:45-1:00 p.m.
    Tues. 7/31 Practice 3:45-6:00 p.m.
    Wed. 8/1 Practice 7:15-9:30 p.m. at Qualcomm Stadium
    Thurs. 8/2 Practice 3:45-6:00 p.m.
    Fri. 8/3 Practice 3:45-6:00 p.m.
    Sat. 8/4 FanFest 2012, presented by Bud Light at Qualcomm Stadium, 10:00-1:00 p.m.
    Mon. 8/6 Practice 3:45-6:00 p.m.
    Sat. 8/11 Practice 3:45-6:00 p.m.
    Sun. 8/12 Practice 3:45-6:00 p.m.

General Information for Fans visiting Training Camp

For all open weekend practices, fan parking will be available on Murphy Canyon Road and in the Kearny Mesa Business Center, located just south of Chargers Park. During weekday practices, parking is available ONLY on Murphy Canyon Road. Gates will open one hour before the start of practice.

Bleacher seating will be available at Chargers Park, however fans are welcome to bring folding chairs to sit on the pavement surrounding the practice fields. Coolers with food, water and soft drinks also are permitted, however cigarettes and alcoholic beverages are not allowed on the property at Chargers Park at any time. Fans may also bring their own cameras, however video cameras and long-lens cameras are not allowed.

*** O man I sure am... see ya'll Saturday 28th.. If you have kids, I might suggest getting there early and waiting in line, as you can get the kids up close and personal with the players along the fence (sunscreen and water is not optional)... bring a pen and your jersey/helmet/football/whatever...

2. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I would really encourage using a football, ballcap, or fullsized helmet if you're going for everyone on the team's signature. Also, go with a really attractive woman. Having my wife yell at Gates, "Gates sign my boob!" resulted in an immediate signature for her Gates Jersey, my hat, and our 8x11 glossy. Good luck! TC is a lot of fun as a fan, especially watching the LBers and the linemen work.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    So when's the annual bolt talk tailgate?

4. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    "Gates sign my boob!"...okay got it. Hope it works.
    By the way...did Gatsey sign some boobage? (inquiring minds)

5. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    He signed the part of her jersey that was on her breast, but no actual skin. She's a Charger fan, not a Gates groupie :)

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Probably first practice Fri morn July 27? When does everyone report?

7. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    I would like to know as well! :)

And my vote if or the Fan Fest on Saturday!

8. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    Sunday 29th is the only morning show... good time for breakfast burritos...

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I'm up for an early sunday morning

10. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    let me know, I plan on going... it'd be fun to discuss observations with you again...

this year I hope to go to enough sessions to focus on each squad... wouldn't mind targeting the DB's (or LB's) this session to see the new Coach and the progress of Gilchrist/Wright...

Reyes is my adopt-a-bolt this year, absolutely loved the pick... who's your guy...