1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Traitors among us

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RMANCIL, Oct 9, 2006.

1. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Clearly we have thousands of "fan" traitors among us. It was evident last night when some estimated 25,000 Steeler fan waved their terrible towels and cheered on their team.

Why would a Charger fan would sell out his team to the enemy ?

You can't afford the tickets in the first place?

You are not really a fan just looking to make some jack?

Or ...... "I like to sale off a few games to help pay for my season tickets ."

Bottom line you screwed your team for some bucks and you are a traitor. I hope your Charger Brothers bust on you so bad that your shadow never darkens the stadium again.

San Diego fans should be ashamed !!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,296
    how many of the seats are season ticket seats?

Also: How many season ticket seats belong to Steeler fans residing in San Diego? They are all over the place.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,296
    I sold my ticket to a Bengals fan who went to watch the Steelers lose.

• Like Like x 1
  4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    So both of you got what you wanted. :icon_wink:

5. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    I traded this game for another game with the person I split my season tix with. I get the cards game back

6. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    The Cards game should be fun in that it's the last game of the season...Nice way to start your New Years Eve. :icon_wink: As of now it's expected to be an easy win... You never know though. If Leinhart plays every game up until then, he may just have enough experience under his belt to make it an exciting game.

Although this Steelers game was one I would have really liked to have gone to.

EDIT: Thank you to the SF fans that sold over 100 of us their season tickets for the 10/15 game..

7. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Let's make this perfectly clear, Comp is a trader, not a traitor... :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

I can expect more season ticket holders to sell their tickets to the Sunday and Monday night games... Sometimes, it's hard for those with families to attend the later games. Unfortunately many put their tickets up on Ebay to make a quick buck--increasing the attendance of the opposing team fans.

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,508
    While I agree there are traitors among us, the number of Stiller fans in the house was greatly exaggerated. All you had to do was listen to the noise when our D was on the field versus when their D was on the field. The Bolt fans made alot more noise, because there were many more Bolt fans in the stadium.

The Stiller fans invade lots of opponents' ballparks. While I agree it seems to be a bigger problem in SD, I think it has more to do with the tremendous number of transplants in SD opposed to other places.

We can whine and moan about this problem, but it's a fact of life in SD. It's one of the realities of living in a city that alot of people want to reside in. There are alot of transplants. If Stiller fans are willing to overpay ridiculously to get tix to the game, then there will be tickets available to them. It's basic economics.

• Like Like x 1
  9. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I hate it. It's so embarrasing. Even Micheals was commentating on it. Just ridiculous. I'm so sick of it. Will you people please stop selling us out.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,880
    I guess I'm quasi guilty
    I sold my tickets to a Chargers fan (swear that's what he was) and then he turned around and sold them to Steelers fans
    I knew I wasn't going to the game but I thought I did a better job screening fans. :icon_shrug:

11. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I dunno y'all...I ain't never had season tixta anything, so I don't know the dynamics, but if I had tix to a game, I can't imagine sellin'em.

I'm sure y'all that do that have very good reasons, but man, if I had a ticket to a Charger game, someone'd hafta kill me ta get it from me.

12. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223
    When you sell your ticket to one of the biggest games of the year to the oposing teams fan base that indicates to me that.

1) the other team has a better fan than the Chargers have in you.

2) Just why have the tickets in the 1st place if you don't support the club I mean give me a break a lot of good seats were sold by season ticket holders that would have been purchased by real Charger fans who would show up and support the team.

3) Selling out for nothing more than the sake of money is the very definition of a traitor.

• Like Like x 1
  13. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,508
    Whatever. I don't have to be ashamed of ****. I never sold a season ticket to an opposing team's fan, even in the lean years. There are plenty of diehard Bolt fans out there, and I'm proud to count myself among them. The rest of the fairweather douchebags can bite me.

14. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,508
    Everybody has a price, and if you say you don't you're a liar.

Having said that, I think the price for many Bolt fans is too low.

15. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Wish I could rep ya for this (gotta spread the love).... but this post hits the nail on the head. SD will ALWAYS have a significant number of opposing fans at the games..... everyone wants to live here, but almost none of them are going to change the team they root for.

As a grad student, I attend 2-3 games a year.... and that is to the dismay of my wife, who thinks my $ would be better spent on our baby or her new shoes!...... I watched the game on the tube last night and was impressed with the vocal aspect of the crowd. I think Bolt fans represented well last night considering the Squeelers have fans EVERYWHERE. I know where you are coming from Rmancil, but the presence of opposing fans @ the Q is just part of living in America's finest city.

16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    This post oghtta get the Rep!!:tup: :icon_toast:

17. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,451
    YOUR DAMN RIGHT WE SHOULD, THATS BS. I LIVE IN OREGON AND CANT GO TO THE GAMES. YOU KNOW WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE TO GO TO THE GAME LAST NIGHT!!!

FU GUYS WHO SOLD YOUR TIX!!! IM NOT EVEN KIDDING. IT MADE US LOOK SO BAD.:icon_finger:

thats been a knack on SD fans for years.

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,880
    Ok dude I gotta pick a fight with you over this
    You know what my schedule was like this weekend?
    Friday: Midterm 1130am
    Saturday: Midterm 8am
    Sunday Midterm 12pm
    Monday Midterm 12pm

I'm sorry but with that schedule + a 7pg memo, there was NO way I was going to the game this week. I just couldn't. Sometimmes you just can't go to the games for whatever reason, there are things more important in this life then Chargers football. For me that's law school, no question. Now I sold my tickets to someone who was a charger fan and then he sold it to a steeler fan. I can't be held responsible for that. I agree that I hate Charger fans who sell their tickets to freakin other team fans, that pisses me off, BUT there are numerous reasons not to go to a Charger game.

19. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I don't know why you think you need to defend yourself. There's plenty of people who think you should sell a kidney to go to a game. All these "True" fans who would kick a 10 year old kid out of the stadium because he didn't see the holy roller or some **** like that. We have to deal with this crap all the time, and I know you know that. And tix are expensive. If you can recoup a whole bunch of that cost by selling one to your buddy whose a fan of some other team, then I guess you don't need to hear somebody elses preachy self righteous speech about it:unsure:

20. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,451

So were the other 25,000 Charger fans with with tickets all in midterms this weekend?

You can get off the hook because Ive heard your in law school.
    But the thousands of other fans who sold their tix to Steeler fans can kiss my ***. A true Charger fan would give it to another Charger fan even if it ment swallowing the money.

21. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,545
    With all due respect BUT...

Who are you to take money out of ANYONE'S pocket? As another poster put it, everyone has their price, EVEN YOU.

As for me, never sold my season tix TO ANYONE.

As an observation, there are 4 seats in my section (Plaza 26) that get sold every game. Always a different 4-some sitting there. Last year, 4 Pitt fans had them. Who owns them? Don't know. Ticket Broker? Profiteer? Take your pick.

Hate to see seats go to other teams' fans, but it happens.

If the Chargers want to stop this, then how about STOP plugging Stubhub EVERY game. Yep, sometime in the 2nd qtr., announcement over the PA for Stubhub.com.

• Like Like x 1
  22. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Seems like the team keeps shootin itself in the foot with things like mini packages, the parking fiasco, and now I learn about stub hub announcements during the game:icon_eek: :no: :tdown: ...poor PR, y'all axt me:yes: ...but no one has!!:icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

23. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    You're right, Bro, no one should hafta defend their decision to sell their tix to whomever they want to. And I don't meanto sound preachy...must be because I'vee been away from 'Dago for so long, that I can't fathom someone selling tix that they have in hand. Like I said before, I doan unnerstan the dynamics of alla this.

• Like Like x 1
  24. philly bolt

philly bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1
    one way to help stop it is pushing the nfl commision to limit the markup on resale by those ticket outlets. they will bust guys on the lot on gameday but how many does that stop. I just think there are a lot of people that are not even football fans that use this as a money making deal. Then they are a lock to get playoff or superbowl tix. It's a shame for people that really want to support there team but can't swing the cost.

• Like Like x 1
  25. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223

How often does it happen in K.C. or Denver?

How bout Philly ? It is a wide spread practice here for many season ticket holders to over buy and sale the tickets to big games for big jack.

On the side bar this same fans take the tax write off on all the tickets for clients entertainment. While they pocket the money from the sales off e-bay.

Don't tell me what I would do!!!

If I wanted to do that I could but it is BS!!

I am a Charger fan and I want my team to have the home field advantage like other great teams have and one day we will have if the home grown scalpers grow a set.

26. Katrina

Katrina BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I watched the game at a sports bar. There were A LOT of terrible towels being waved - I was very surprised. One cool thing I saw was a Steelers fan who held up a sign that read:
    N obody
    B eats
    C owher

and then a Chargers fan in front of him held up HIS sign, holding in front of the other guy's sign that read:

N ow entering
    B litzburgh,
    C alifornia

...That was AWESOME! :icon_banana:

27. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings:
    +288
    Actually that goes on in every stadium. Well, I know it goes on in Philly so I put 2 and 2 together and figure it goes on in every stadium. Also I think they have a link on every teams website.