1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Transactions Before Deadline?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TheBeast, Sep 20, 2008.

1. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Last year before the trade deadline AJ pulled the trigger on semi-blockbuster deal when he traded for Chris Chambers. Since that it's been up hill from there. Maybe we can look to trade some draft picks to a team that is in a rebuilding stage. Chiefs? Derek Johnson might be tired of losing and we can switch him to ROLB. Rams? Maybe ship witherspoon to give us some balls at tackling. Lions? Maybe Simms might be tired of getting no help in the rush off. and might look to a better team.

These are all just thoughts and it's only week 3 but i have a feeling we might get some firepower at D if there aren't some changes. Lets be real..Cooper is no Urlacher. He's a great tackler and a poor coverage backer. One guy won't change the defense. We need someone that is really a star to fill that void left by merriman. Plus we don't know if merriman well resign so. Just something we should look into.

Don't bomb me.

Please play nice.

2. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Id love to have Derrick Johnson but we would have to give up a lot to get him and if we did, he would most likely play ILB for us.

I dont see it being realistic that we would be able to trade for him. And it isnt up to the player and whether they are tired of losing.

3. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    Ray Lewis to be added for our superbowl run then he will retire after we win lol

4. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...A.J hasn't exactly stockpiled draft picks, trading next years 2nd for example. I don't see being willing or able to give up much. Now if someone was willing to take Wilhelm and Smith :yes: