1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Travis Johnson living nightmare

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Casey Pearce
    Posted Feb 4, 2010

The last two weeks have been a nightmare for Travis Johnson after his four-year old daughter Zoe suffered a stroke in mid-January. She remains hospitalized.

Since the Chargers’ season came to an end, defensive end Travis Johnson[​IMG] has spent has spent his days pacing in a hospital room, praying constantly and shedding plenty of tears.
    “The last two weeks have been the worst 14 days of my life,” Johnson said. “Nothing else even comes close to this.”
    Two weeks ago, Johnson’s four-year old daughter Zoe was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia. A day after she was hospitalized, Zoe suffered a seizure and then a stroke. The stroke caused paralysis in the left side of her body.
    She underwent a procedure to drain fluid from her right lung and another to scrape the infection from her lung walls. The nightmare got worse as Zoe’s lung collapsed following the surgery and she suffered a second stroke. Doctors are struggling to find answers, and Johnson left to pray and wait.
    “It’s really a helpless feeling,” Johnson said. “Our job as parents is to protect our kids. Watching her go through this is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do.”
    Johnson hasn’t slept in his own bed since Zoe was hospitalized. He’s spent his nights trying to get comfortable in a hotel room chair by his daughter’s side.
    “She’s just so special to me,” Johnson said. “I wish I could trade places with her.”
    Johnson and has experienced overwhelming support from Chargers fans that have sent him well wishes and prayers. He asks that people keep the prayers coming.
    “I’m still so new to this Charger family but the love that has come out of the Charger family for this child, for me and for my family has been wonderful,” Johnson said. “I’m so grateful for everybody’s prayers and all the nice things people have said.”
    Johnson has relied heavily on his faith to help him through this tough time. Deep down he believes everything is going to work out, but he’s emotionally drained.
    “I just want her to wake up and talk to me,” Johnson said. “I know rehab is going to be a long road, but she’s going to be ready for it because she’s so tough. The Lord is going to heal her and bring her out of this, but it’s just so tough right now.”

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    I cannot imagine what this must be like for him. :(

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    How terrible this must be for him and his family. God, please don't take the girl.

4. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]
    This is Zoe keep prayng for her...

5. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Trapj99

2-9-2010

My lil girl has been on this conventional ventilator for a day and a half let's keep prayin that she can stay on this one and not go back

She had another procdure eArlier that changed out one of her chest tubes for a bigger one. They got alot of air and fluid out so that was a+

medical city hospital picu 7777 forest lane, Dallas Texas 75230@laurashortphoto

The presence of the lord is here! The power of the Lord is here! he is showin up and showin out! Thank you lord for all that you are doing

And all you have done! We are so blessed

6. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    God Bless you Zoe

7. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Been reading those Tweets .. sad stuff.