1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Trotter Article (SI): Turner covering his A/SS

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by nickelbolt, Oct 29, 2008.

1. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    while this is in part definitely a CYA move lets face facts that this isn't an scape goat situation and that we all know that Cottrell deserved in spades to be fired

3. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Who cares what Totter says. I am just glad Jabba is gone.

Hated the hire, hated his softzone BS.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    I'll share my thought on this tomorrow night on the podcast.

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Good Assistant coach? Who got fired? I thought it was Cottrell?

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I sounds to me like Trotter has man love for Teddy and is ignoring Teddy's record as a DC in order to bash Norv about his record as a HC.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    What a load of ****.

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Or Trotter simply hates Norv and feels Norv should be fired and Ted was the scapegoat.

Either way, I don't care. I'm glad Ted is gone. If the D still sucks under Ron (and I don't think they will), THEN you can blame Norv.

Shanarat has done the same thing the past 4 years in Den with his DCs, I don't see anyone throwing Mike under the bus. Of course the coach is covering his own ***, ****ing DUH!

9. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    More crap from Trotter
    I thought when he left the UT, we wouldnt have to heard from this **** anymore, guess i was wrong

Oh well, i hope he enoys the crow after Rivera proves to be 10X the DC Teddy was

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Teddy got what he deserved. He should have never been hired as our DC to start with, but that's now in the past. :abq2:

Trotter can KMA. Whether Norv is the right choice for HC may still be in question, but Fat Teddy should never have even been the waterboy.

11. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Teddy is an awful DC, always has been.

But remember, Norv is an awful HC...always has been.

If the Chargers don't make the playoffs...Norv can kiss his sorry *** goodbye as well.:yes:

12. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I'm no Trotter Basher. I think he got the Marty thing right on last year. But yea... this is just strange that he would defend Cottrell based mainly on the absence of Merriman. If he was really a good DC, he would have found a way to at least make this defense DECENT without its best player.

13. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Thew him under the bus??? Cottrell jumped in front of the bus over and over. Covering his ***??? Turner (Smith) showed leadership and made a command decision before the ship sunk is more like it.

Trotter should be ashamed of himself with that articule especially trying to compare Merriman and his impact on the defense to Rivers and the offense it just does not wash.

14. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Trotter is a joke and clueless.

The D players were looking full of themselves at the same time they were getting torched.

The discipline on the D was horrible.

Celebrations for making a simple tackle on 2nd Down.. :icon_huh:

The Saints game for me was the last straw. Just watching how the D was setting up was mind boggling. It's like Cotrell had never seen any film on Brees.

15. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    The entire forum knew what was going to happen, and it did. Drew is the king of the dink and dunk over and over then throw the long bomb once the D goes to sleep on it.

I mean, I know we've got some knowledgable fans here, but gimme a ****ing break. When an internets message forum is showing more ability to gameplan for an opponent that the goddamn coach, something is horribly wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    EXACTLY!!
    Look at the Giants, they lost their top two pass rushers and a top LB and yet they still have the leagues best defense

17. cool arrow

cool arrow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Trotter is a clown, what load of bunk. A good coach? Don't think so. Seems to me he would have found out how to utilize his players to their strength with the loss of Merriman.

Trotter = :icon_shrug:

18. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Right on all counts!!

19. BlueBolt

BlueBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Absolutely agree. Not only did Cottrell not come up with an aggressive defensive scheme for game day week in and week out but he never seemed to account for the loss of Merriman. With a loss like that you have to adjust and I just haven't seen it.

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Trotter certainly talks as if Ted was not part of the problem. Norv trying to save his own ***? Well duh!!!

Bigger question... if we don't make the playoffs, what will that say about AJ?

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Nothing. AJ will not be let go if the team does not amke the playoffs. You cant look at the roster he has assembled and sack him because the team does not recover from a 3-5 start to the season. It would take multiple, 3 or 4 sub par years for that to happen.

With the talent AJ has assembled, that is not going to happen.

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I could have told you that nor would I want that.
    I've stated many times that I don't want AJ to ship out... just to shape up.

ei: If we see a new head coach next season, don't fight with him and let him pick his own assistants!!!
    Stick to brining in talent and releasing underachievers!

23. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I saw Trotter at Target down in Eastlake yesterday. Dude had a cell phone practically stuck to his ear talking to somebody. I like Trotter and agree with him most of the time. Dude has to just do his job. I saw ESPN's and LA Times Sports writer A.J. Adande at the Buick Invitational last year. I think he's a great sports writer with great insight. These guys are just giving their opinions of sports issues. It's like I always say. Opinions are like a**holes, everybody has at least one......:icon_eek:

24. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    [​IMG]

"Stay on target....Stay on target...."

25. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Exactly.

After watching the New Orleans game again, I am holding off on my anti-Norv stance (for now).

The offense is really clicking, hasn't been this good since Coryell. A middle of the road defense can put this team in the Super Bowl, that is what's so frustrating about this season.

Looking at our schedule, this team is fully capable of a 7-1 run. Don't give up on them just yet.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Yeah... I couldn't believe what I was hearing when Canepa said we go 7 and 1 worst case the rest of the way. Interesting that someone like he is SO confident.

On the same roundtable did u hear Acee mention that someone in the organisation was wondering what the hell Igor thought he was doing, not trying, when he is in contract year!!. It is clear Igor is top of the hit list now. I am amazed at the way he is not performing, v v strange indeed.

:tdown:

And before u have a go, no I am not hating on Igor, it just amazes me that a guy, so big, so strong, appears to have mailed it in. This is the same guy who got worked up about the Pats before last years AFCCG, after beating the Colts!?.

• Like Like x 1
  27. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    If this team makes the playoffs going 7-1 as you say, then Rivers will likely be the league MVP... because he'll have to continue his incredible play for that to happen. I would love to shove that MVP trophy up Cutler's a/ss, then beat him over the head with the Lombardi. :lol:

28. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    :icon_toast: Cheers to THAT!

29. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I don't know if Rivers will need to carry us as much anymore. Gates is finally able to get separation, teams can't cover him with white LB's any more. And LT looked great last week, it would be nice if the running game could take over once in a while, win the time of possession battle and shorten the game.

Like I said, all it takes is an average defense, and this is a Super Bowl team.

30. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Well said, I agree. If the D gets aggressive, they will be more than average IMO.