1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Turbo Turtle - GET WELL !!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Trumpet_Man, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Well guys and gals last night before the game started, TurboTurtle got ill and we had an ambulance take him to the hospital.

He never made it inside and was carted off right around kick-off from the parking lot.

I suspect the heat got to him because he became nauseated and then we had to sit him down. He was not in good shape so a passing police officer asked if he was "ok" and I said I think we better get some help. This was after sitting James down and letting him gather himself for a few minutes, it appeared I needed more than my limited knowledge. Special thanks to Jeff (ChargersChicks husband) for hanging out. It took me at least a quarter of football to gather myself as we had never had anyone carted away in an ambulance.

I told the paramedics, two ambulances showed up by the way, that TurboTurtle was a highly decorated war vet and what the officers were seeing was the result of an RPG (rocket propelled grenade) tearing through his humvee killing everyone and taking parts of TurboTurtle with it. I asked the cops and the paramedics to take damn good care of this man. He laid it out on the line for this country so take good care of him - please. After that I just lost it.....:icon_sad:

Everyone please wish TurboTurtle a speedy recovery and we are all thinking the very best for him at all times !!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    This is the first I heard about this. Get well soon my friend!

3. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I asked if they could take him to the VA but the paramedics were taking him to a "local" facility.

They did not say which one and I was under the impression they were going to make that decision en route as to where TT was going so I have no info where he went....

I am not sure he carries a cell phone but if anyone has his number, pass it on to me please because I would like to follow up.

4. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Parmaedics responding to a call such as this are required to take the patient to the closest facility for his initial care. Transfers to other facilities can be worked out later if needed.

Alcohol and heat/sun don't often mix well. TT prolly got the hydration he needs and is doing much better this morning.

Hope you're doing better today TT.. :tup:

5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Man, get well soon, Tutle, and please keep the rest of the board up to date on his progress!!

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    any news on him?

7. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    TT works from home and I got no answer and no recorder. I just called TT. Eric just gave me his number.

We are going to buy a 10'x10' shade canopy because the sun did bake a few melons yesterday. We noticed the 12'x12' canopys are too large for the parking spots and is a pain in the *** to make work.

I will have more shade for the next tailgater, I promise. :yes:

8. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Tony, I'll contribute whatever you need to get some canopies. I have two up here, but it might be cheaper (and faster) to buy new ones down there than for me to ship them.

9. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Wow.

TT you're in our thoughts and prayers. Get well soon.

10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The wife did one of those mandate things. She said BUY ONE at WALMART or she was going to kickmyass so yeah it is cheaper for us to get them down here. Keep your gear up there for your own tailgaters and stuff because they come in handy. Thanks for the offer !!

I have never seen a set-up where it was not a royal pain in the *** to set up and breakdown but some of the latest ones are not so bad.

If anyone knows of a 10x10 Chargers canopy outlet, consider it bought or sold !!! :icon_toast:

11. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Yeah, TT wasn't feeling too good. Next time him and I take shots, I'll make sure we drink water, too.

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Turtle Power!

Get feelin' better buddy!

13. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Water is important and something I never bring. I never think about it with all the beer and I know alcohol just dehydrates.

The dude has alot of black hair which just absorbs the sun and bam...heat exhaustion and nausea. I would not know what to do if someone had heat exhaustion and stupid me would give them a beer.

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Turtle... Get well soon, My Libra Brutha!!!!!:bolt:

Let this be a message to everybody... Bring LOTS of water as well as beer. Plenty of shade too!!!!

15. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,424
    ****, any word on him? :(

16. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Get well soon TT!

17. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I just got a PM for TurboTurtle.

He is fine and needs to get some rest.

A combination of the heat, dude was tired and his anti-nausea meds he takes just flipped his switch.

I am just glad I will see him waving that "pimp cane" of his at the next tailgater raising hell. :lol: :tup: :abq2: :icon_toast:

18. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Well that's good news.. Hope to see you here later today, TT...:tup:

19. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Hope all is well, TT. Hydration is vital on that concrete. Remember when my buddy almost passed out a few years ago, Trumpy? Sounds like the same thing here.

Glad to hear he is ok.

20. Kev

Kev BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    :)

Wow, I guess I missed it all. Glad to hear that turbo turtle is on the mend. Get well, dude! You've been really cool to me since I got brought over. Not a small thing!:tup:

Take it easy next time too! ;)

21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Yeah. That **** can be pretty scary and I remember that episode.

I need to think MORE water at the tailgaters. :yes:

I was beginning to wonder if the salsa took him out because that **** was hot. :icon_twisted:

22. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    word, and actually stuff like Gatorade, or sumpm along those lines to help replenish electrolytes wood be a good idea.

23. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Thank God TT is ok...:abq2: get some rest and get back in here :yes:

:flag:

• Like Like x 1
  24. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Oh, gosh I didnt realize he was that bad off when we went in. Man, I feel awful.

Big thanks to Trumpie and whoever else got TT the help he needed.

I'm glad he is okay.

We love ya, TT.:yes:

25. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    He was standing when you went in and his stomach was upset but I thought it was the salsa which got to him. That stuff is wicked and if you are not ready, uhhhh, **** happens.

Jeff, ChargerChick's husband stayed after but you guys had already gone in so everything was cool when you left so no worries.

I am usually one of the last ones to leave the tailgater just to make sure everyone is ok and things are secure prior to kickoff. I am just glad the cop was not a dick and I let him know this was a vet and to please be aware of this fact. Both the cop and paramedics responded when I notified them so that was cool to see. :tup:

26. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I hear he runs a really great pelican farm!!! :tup:

Have you visited it?

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I was feeling that yesterday.

TT, bring a hair tie with you to the next game.

28. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    thank god he's fine
    i'll bring some gatorade and next time some ginger ale, good stuff to replenish your electrolytes