1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Turds "highlights" from MNF

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Aug 14, 2006.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,508
    The Turds' first-teamers gave up two sacks, had a false start and had to burn a timeout against the Vikes 2nd string defense.

Galler looked like krap on both running and passing downs. The Turds are now having to keep Lamont Jordan in to help franchise LT Robert Gallery block a 2nd string DE.

Randy Moss finally caught a pass, against the 2nd stringers.

Aaron Brooks has now completed passes in TWO consecutive starts. He had one completion in each.

Janikowski hit a 55-yard field goal, after the offense went three and out.

The special teams forced a turnover, which was followed by a three and out.

Doug Gabriel didn't give the ball back to the Vikes after muffing a punt, because he was lucky enough to be close to the sideline.

All in all a very exciting performance. Here's to hoping the Turds subs come back to win the game so we can hear another week of Turd fans talking about how happy they are with their team.

I don't know who manufactures the notebooks that Art Shell uses to scribble down notes on all the Turds' mistakes, but I'd buy some stock in that company yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    O's boy Andrew Walter just threw up a signature Walter INT.

3. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,508
    Followed by another. But the guy did throw a pretty bomb, so Al will probably reward him with a contract extension. Maybe Walter can be the next Vince Evans. :icon_rofl:

4. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I was watching the game at the gym with no sound and I don't recognize the Raider players outside of their mug shots...but no. 99 is a big boy!

:icon_eek:

5. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

This was pretty funny.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,880

Is Warren sapp still on the team?
    btw thanks boltsbound, i had something better to do then watch a raider game, like giving myself a rootcanal

7. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

That's him! I looked it up earlier on yahoosports...boy he is HUGE...looks WAY bigger in that shot I saw than his listed 300 lbs....

They did LOSE didn't they?

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Aaron Brooks sucked all night long.....This is going to be a ritualistic massacre.

The Raiders SUCK !!!!!

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,880

Does the prophet and the chosen one accept human (or in some raider cases) neanderthal sacrifices?

10. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851

Hopefully the Raiders will make Aaron Brooks the starter for the next 5 years.

11. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Hate to say it, but i think Walter can become a real player in time if they actually worked him with the starters. The guy has a great arm and pretty good accuracy, he just needs to get the speed of the game down, and read defenses better (both of which come with experiance) and he could be a stud with those WRs

Besides him, i didnt see one thing for the raider fans to get excited about

12. O'reilly

O'reilly New Member

Ratings:
    +454
    At least he threw it forward.....:icon_rofl:

13. O'reilly

O'reilly New Member

Ratings:
    +454
    Right on Rip...Walter can be a good one if they give him some PT...he can get the ball down field to Moss...
    I'm bettin' AW is the starter by week 6 when the Raiders are 1-5...:lol:

14. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851

I hope the Raiders keep Aaron Brooks as the starter for the next 5 years. :lol:

15. O'reilly

O'reilly New Member

Ratings:
    +454
    :lol:

16. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Hes a Charlie Whitehurst clone, (and im sure everyone knows how i feel about Charlie) so i really hope art shell doenst realize what he has in him

17. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I think Shell may pull him after the 6th game if he doesn't do well.

That would be after the Cards game, and before their game versus the Steelers.

18. O'reilly

O'reilly New Member

Ratings:
    +454
    I have never in my 40+ years of watching NFL and college football seen any QB with a better, more natural throwing motion than Charlie Whitehurst...just a beautiful thing to watch...a pure passer indeed...

19. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,508
    You do realize that Walter threw two picks tonight, right? He had the one nice deep pass for the TD, but he played like crap the rest of the night. That makes two games in a row that he's stunk it up.

But once again you've proven your stubborness to see a player for what he is. If you decide you like a player, you are just going to keep screaming about how great that player is no matter how badly they perform.:tup:

20. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Walter Similar to Whitehurst??!?!? :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: Size and arm strength yeah go on.........

I really couldn't care less about Walter he is a Kerry Collins clone he forces throws that are not there and cannot scramble or throw on the run. Good for his arm strength, let him start in 2007 (which he will most certainly be doing) he will throw 18-20 ints. I know where the ball is going 90% of the time after he holds it for 0.5 seconds. Dude goes through his progressions very slowly and if he isn't given at least 4.5-5 seconds to throw to the intermediate-deep range he is toast. He can get the ball out quickly to outlet receivers but his accuracy hitting receivers in stride or on hooks slants posts etc is not where it needs to be and never will be. I am not doubting he will start in the NFL, he is a guy who will have an 80 QBR and never have a completion percentage over 60%. I'll give you this; he is better than JP Losman :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

21. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    BTW Rip I love you welcome to the boards I've been begging leisure to recruit you :icon_mrgreen:

22. O'reilly

O'reilly New Member

Ratings:
    +454
    I think Walter is doing about as well as a guy who has very little NFL experience can do...IMO the kid has a lot of talent...he just needs to play...he has had two different OC's in his two years now...
    He had a terrific college career and is a talented kid...unfortunately he is on the Raiders...:lol
    He actually was making good progress under Norv who is not a great head coach, but is a hell of a QB coach...
    Walter is the Raiders future at QB and IMO he will be a good one...if they ever get a decent OLine...:lol:

23. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Its preseason and he is playing with a 2nd string OL and 2nd string WR core, what exactly are you expecting from him??

Go back and look at rivers last year in the preseason, he didnt put up great numbers, and struggled agaisnt some bad defense, but did you think he was going to be a bust?

Dont actually look at the numbers, look at the way he was throwing the ball, look at him making his reads, look at way he was talking charge of the offense.

It seems all youre looking at is the fact that he threw two INTs and he plays for the raiders.

Walter has the skills to be a big time QB in the NFL and hes starting to show it whether you want to see it or not

• Like Like x 1
  24. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Size, arm strength, college success, field presence. Neither one is much of a scrambler

25. O'reilly

O'reilly New Member

Ratings:
    +454
    Both went in the 3rd round...:icon_mrgreen:

26. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Why do you think i wanted us to draft him so much????

27. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Actually, it was JDog who got me to come check this place out again

28. O'reilly

O'reilly New Member

Ratings:
    +454
    I just hope he can handle the speed of the NFL game...I've seen some great college QB's just not able to grasp the speed of the Pro game...I hope he does...his throwing motion is a work of art to watch...:icon_mrgreen: