1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Turner is in Buffalo right now!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Apr 4, 2007.

1. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    What if Turner doesn't get any offer by the Draft Day?

What is Plan B?

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    He backups up LT for another season and signs a fat free agent deal at the end of the year. If he puts up big numbers we get a comp pick the next year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Run the ball twice as much. At 6 YPC, we could ride him all the way to the SB.:tup:

All that money we were going to spend on a WR? Pay Turner. Go wishbone and give it to Turner or let LT catch it out of the backfield. Just about the time the line is stacked to stop LT & Turner, TOUCHDOWN PARKER! BOOM!:abq2:

4. getfresh

getfresh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6

Isn't Nelson a bit of a personal conduct risk, too? Seems like he isn't very smart (grades/wonderlick) and can't control his emotions (that fight). Do we care about this, or has he proven himself otherwise? Admittedly I haven't done my homework.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    By all accounts I've red he makes outstanding secondary calls and knows how to dissect plays very well. As for his passion, yeah he kinda plays a hard hitting type of safety and plays a bit out of control but it isn't a really bad thing

6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    What accounts have you been reading? Nelson played in a cover 3 in Florida. His assignment was the same on nearly every play. He did not have to make secondary adjustments, which is something he'll have to do in the NFL.

Nelson is a great athlete and plays with desire. But I question whether or not his inability to diagnose plays will hurt him greatly at the NFL level.

7. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107
    titans still interested in turner.

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,629
    yep, just saw that on PTI

9. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    He hasn't really been in Buffalo for 9 days has he?
    :icon_eek:

What is he, snowbound!:icon_rofl:

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,771
    Someone please send Turner back to the 619, or go in after him.:bolt2:

11. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Second thoughts on landing Turner - Niagra Gazette

The poker game between Buffalo Bills General Manager Marv Levy and current San Diego GM A.J. Smith may have come to an end.

ESPN’s John Clayton reported Saturday that Smith is likely to keep backup running back Michael Turner rather than dealing him to either Buffalo or Tennessee, the two teams thought to be most interested in acquiring his services. The catch, according to Clayton, is Smith’s insistence that a first-round pick either this year or in 2008 be included in any trade package. If that’s the case, Levy’s doing the right thing. If Smith doesn’t lower his trade demands, the Chargers risk losing Turner for nothing after this season, when he can become an unrestricted free agent.

The Bills will have plenty of running back options available to them in the second round of this year’s draft, while also being able to address their needs at linebacker at 12th overall.

12. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +498
    draft day, I would love to have another #1...

But

If the Chargers are in the hunt to make the playoffs or are in the playoffs and LT goes down I'm gonna feel a lot better if Turner is the backup

13. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings:
    +288
    I used to think that I wanted another #1 now I'm not so sure. The 2 players who can help us the most THIS year is Calvin and Landry, both are slated to go top 10. Even if we got another 1st this year I don't now if we would have enough ammo to move up and get one of them. Of course Washington would always be willing to trade but I think they are going to trade their pick to Chicago for Briggs.

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    if this deal goes down I imagine that it'll be a first this year and like a third next year or vice versa

15. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Frankly we are not going to find a miracle pick in the early 2nd. So I really dont see how its worth us trading Turner for only an early 2nd, like the Bills want.

Since there are only about 2 RBs in the draft that might be better than Turner, time will tell on whether this is true. Let them take their chances and have a bidding war with Turner when he is released.