1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Turner is in Nashville right now (1 PM CST)

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by titanfan24, Apr 2, 2007.

1. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
  2. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    The Titans would be very tough with the Burner in the backfield. That would be an offense to be respected.

3. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    If MT is signed by another team I think I'd rather it be the Bills just for the simple fact they're higher on the draft board than the Titans. 12th as opposed to 19th.
    I would really hate to see MT go at all, but if he has too then getting the most bang for our buck would be nice.:nana_dance:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
  5. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    they're a good organisation

6. Flea Soda

Flea Soda BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Is it possible for coaches to be involved in trades.. like could Norm Chow be on his way?

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    this would be very surprising, i thought LenDale White was your guy titansfan

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    MT don't get down like that.

If we get the Titans' #19 pick, my bet is that we would target Griffin. I think he's better than Nelson, anyway.

9. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Yeah, and I think long-term, he still may be, but Jeff Fisher has kind of changed his stripes on the workhorse back thing. I think he realizes that he burned Eddie George out by pounding him 25-30 times a game for 7-8 years. He really wants a two-back attack and since Chris "injury report" Brown is an FA and Travis already left for Denver, he's left with LenDale and nothing else right now.

I can guarantee you guys one thing though, you will not get a 1st and a 3rd straight up out of our new front office. Mike Reinfeldt is more conservative than Karl Rove:yes: . I could see this potentially as a Turner to the Titans in exchange for swapping first round picks (Chargers getting the Titans 19th in exchange for the Bolts #30 pick) and another later round pick (The Titans have 3 or 4 fourth rounders...one compensatory, one from the McNair trade, the regular 4th, and I believe one other from something). This could go down, but I'm sure A.J. would like to see what Buffalo is willing to pony up.

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Aint happinin

11. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Good luck. I think MT would be a real game changer for your team.:tup:

I really like the "Norm Chow" comment. Heck Yeah! Philip could take this team to a whole new level with Norm by his side.:abq2:

12. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Conc, you're bringin' me down. It's the offseason, optimisim is all we have.:lol:

13. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    :no:

No chance our FO would do that. Michael Turner is worth WAY more than moving up 11 spots in the draft plus a fourth rounder. Someone is going to cough up a first rounder before this is all said and done. Aside from being better than all of the RB's in this draft (not AP), he has already proven that he can play at the NFL level. He has shown that he can handle the off the field **** as well (getting his work done, team first attitude, not a thug) so you wouldn't have to worry about another Pacman running loose.

Knowing what you know about Turner, if he were available when the Titans drafted at 19, would you want to draft him (strictly figuratively, of course)?

14. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Titans 1st and 2nd for Michael Turner and our 3rd or else you can all KMA.

#19 and #50 = 1275 pts

minus

#93 = 128 pts

=

1147 pts = Michael Turner's value which is equivalent to the 13th overall selection in the draft.

All Titans fans or Bills fans can KMA if they think we are swapping picks. AJ will swap your mom for a broken guitar at a pawn shop.

15. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Ever notice how Shammy and Mtl are never in the same room together? :yes:

16. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Didn't see it and now that I have checked it seems like he pussied out on compensation. I want two first day picks for Turner or else everyone can KMA and we'll keep him for our superbowl run and get a 3rd round compensatory pick for him or if LT breaks his arse in half and retires we sign him long term.

17. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Nope, and here's why. Michael Turner could be LaMont Jordan for all we know. You all know LaMont, the solid RB who looked a whole lot better playing spot duty behind a hall-of-famer in Curtis Martin. Does it sound familiar??? Jordan doesn't suck, but you put him on a lesser team and that deal looks paltry. Look, I would LOVE to have Turner, and i think he has Pro Bowl potential, but if you think a young team, with a young QB and a potential gaping hole at CB are going to part with two first day picks for a guy with 177 career carries..................You better hope that senile Marv Levy or dan Snyder are desperate because that deal makes zero sense for the Titans. A.J. put a steep poison pill on Turner with the 1st and 3rd tag for a guy that has really done so little.

I would be absolutely shocked if you all got a stand alone (i.e. no swapping) 1st and 3rd from anybody. This is a league where all-pro's get traded for mid-round draft picks.

18. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    How is this for an azz raping :icon_shrug:

#19 Reggie Nelson, S, Florida (I suppose our scheme is vanilla)
    #30 LaMarr Woodley, DE/OLB, Michigan
    #50 Mike Walker, WR, UCF
    #62 Tony Ugoh, OT, Arkansas
    #96 Ray McDonald, DE/DT, Florida

We'll take care of RB on the second day.

:abq2:

19. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Let me ask you a question. If Marshawn Lynch fell to #19 and the Titans drafted him, would you feel like that's a wasted pick?

20. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    A swap of 1st won't happen period. I could see AJ letting MT go for a 1st and some lesser compensation than a 3rd, but we will get a 1st or MT will be a Charger for another year.

21. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Im sure Steve McNair would agree.:icon_eek:

22. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I will take a first round pick and a impact player....say a right tackle or right guard, or ILB or FS....

We need better O-Line starters and depth.....

Our back up for Jamal Williams is non existant (Bingham needs to step up or get cut).

We are one injury away (Jamal Williams) from kissing next season goodbye. That fuggin' sucksasss anyway you ginsu the biitch.

23. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Those All-Pros are washed up veterans with character concerns. Turner is basically a prospect. Whoever signs him will have a franchise RB for the next 7 years. If you don't want to give up two first day picks for him then GTFO of my office :icon_evil:

24. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    He's a Canucklehead. I avoid those dudes .....

25. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    all the more reason to make Nashville this years roadie.... :yes:

Hey, All Youse CBA gurus....

what happens if MT busts a toe in Nashville (toe er, two-Stepping) and becomes "damaged goods"....

what's AJ get??? besides, someone he can't trade...

26. Flea Soda

Flea Soda BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    This will absolutely contain a first rounder.. not a swap of firsts for exactly what everyone else is saying.. Turner is ready to go and has proven that he is badass.. he is no fluke, some of us have never seen another RB break tackles like Turner does.. and his YPC speaks for itself.. No matter how smart a person is, a first rounder is never 100% thing.. it's close Mike Vick and Tomlinson were both close to certain, but only one of those has really panned out so far.... Turner is so totally worth a first.. If I was another team I'd be begging to get him for a first.. he will totally repair the running game of whatever team he goes to... no one in the NFL breaks tackles and drags people like Turner does right now.

27. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    :yes:

Turner has the legs of a minotaur and when he carries the ball, the ball becomes a part of him. Oh yes, and he has 4.4 speed, amazing vision and can block and catch. Fuc hoping he will be anywhere near Larry Johnson... Turner is BETTER than Larry Johnson I **** you not.

28. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Mtl, that 26 letter sentence says it all as far as I'm concerned. Turner, no matter how high his ceiling, as about as proven as some of these potential draftees. I agree that he has a lot of upside, but if it came down to using #19 on a guy like Lynch or giving up a 1st and a 3rd for Burner, I'm taking the Berkeley kid everyday. First day picks are too valuable to pee away for a guy that might or might not. Plus, who was the last championship team to have a dominant running back. I think you would have to go back to Jamal Lewis in 2000 or Faulk in 1999 to find that guy. RB has been totally devalued in this era of football. Its great if you have a great one, but you're not screwed if you don't.

You guys know I love the Bolts (my second team) and I don't mean this to be ugly, but let's use you guys as the lithmus test. You guys have had the best RB of this generation for the last six years and how many playoff wins has it translated into??? QB decision making, Pass Rush, and secondary play are way more important in today's NFL. Heck, I think having a good kicker and punter are as important as having a great RB. I can win Super Bowls with Michael Pittman, Dominic Rhodes, and Antowain Smith if I cover the other bases.