1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Turner part of backfield duet with Tomlinson?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,848
    By Kevin Acee
    UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
    September 8, 2006

The rumbling gets louder each time he does something sensational, that Michael Turner needs to be more a part of the offense.

Increasingly, there are indications that the Chargers could feature more plays with both Turner and LaDainian Tomlinson in the backfield.

“I wouldn't be surprised if that happens at some point,” quarterback Philip Rivers said, echoing a sentiment expressed by head coach Marty Schottenheimer. “ . . . We have so many weapons offensively and there's only one football,” Rivers added. “I think that's what makes us so dangerous.”
    Said Turner: “I want this team to be able to use me, to have confidence when I'm out there. Coaches might feel we can cause problems with me and L.T. on the field at the same time. (Defenses) won't know what to do.”

In Monday night's opener at Oakland, whether he plays significantly in the backfield or not, Turner will get some touches. He will return kickoffs in Cletis Gordon's absence. Gordon injured his wrist in the preseason finale and is wearing a cast following surgery.

Click the link for the full article.
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20060908-9999-1s8chnotes.html

2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I would love this. :yes: :bolt: :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66