1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Two a Days Ending Bums out Marcus McNeill

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070816-9999-1s16chnotes.html

Two-a-days end, but Chargers' mornings still full

By Jay Posner

UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

August 16, 2007
    The Chargers will be in training camp mode for another week, but one of the most unpopular portions of camp ended yesterday.
    No more two-a-day workouts.

“I almost want to cry because we don't have any more two-a-days,” tackle Marcus McNeill said, smiling. “But we got some real good work in. A big thing about two-a-days, like Coach (Norv) Turner said, was you can't look at them just to get through them. You've got to get some work done.”

Said tackle Shane Olivea: “Who likes two-a-days? Obviously they're necessary to regroom your body, toughen up your skin and get your joints and your body accustomed to the wear and tear. No one likes to go through it, but thankfully we're done with it. You're not going to hear anyone complain by any means.”

Turner had three more two-a-days scheduled, although two of them involved only a special teams practice in the morning. Under the new plan, the Chargers will have more “teaching-type periods” in the mornings, both on the field and in meeting rooms.

“I like the schedule we're going to because it allows us a lot of time to teach,” Turner said. “We have long meetings (planned). We have long walk-throughs (which are) about three-quarters speed. And then we can go practice in the afternoons. It allows us to really zero in on specific things.”

And, Turner said, it's not like he's doing away with physical practices.

“They're (still) going to beat on each other,” he said, “just once a day, not twice a day.”

Nuts 'n' Bolts
    Several players who skipped yesterday's morning practice were back in the afternoon, including nose tackle Jamal Williams, who was wearing a walking boot Tuesday to protect his sprained foot. His participation in Saturday's exhibition at St. Louis seemed in doubt, but he is expected to play. “He's got leadership skills. People underestimate that. He's got a lot of passion. He knows we have work to do,” Turner said.
    Linebackers Jyles Tucker (concussion), Anthony Waters (knee) and Marques Harris (shoulder) remained out, but cornerback Steve Gregory (quad) returned.

Vincent Jackson and Philip Rivers teamed up for a 44-yard touchdown pass in a two-minute drill against the No. 1 defense. The flip side was that the No. 1 “dime” defense allowed Jackson to get behind them with less than 20 seconds left.

Don't expect to see Darren Sproles get as much action from scrimmage against St. Louis as he did against Seattle, when he led the Chargers with 11 touches (seven rushes, four receptions). Turner said Michael Turner will play the first half and Tyronne Gross will get some time in the second half.

Today's practice is from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. It is open to the public.

CLICK ON THE LINK FOR MORE BUT THE READ SUCKS .....

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I am officially worried about Jamals foot. I know that it's standard operating procedure to be in a walking boot, but foot injuries can linger on forever.

3. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    water knee is bad too, but honestly I am more worried about mccree and his horrible FS skils, dude has lost a step, we need a real FS not some castoff/retread the way to beat us is in the air, bottom line out safety's are very lacking, i would love to see us get a real FS at some point in my life.

4. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    This year you will become a believer of the one named Hart. :yes:

Kevin Acee is sold on the fact Hart is our best ballhawker in the secondary. I give that dude a lot of props because the rest of the staff is ****. Trotter is so-so.

What needs to happen is Hart has to have a signature hit on some poor hapless son-of-a-biitch to signal his arrival. He has INT's for TD's and even a lateral from Edwards for a TD.

One hit will make fans say "wow".

It is coming. I can "feel" it and it ain't gas. :yes:

5. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    thats fine, then hart/weddle works good for me, I just can;t take Marlon (its your fault I can;t cover over the top) McCree

6. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    In certain coverages, I would like to see McCree as a SS and not a FS. Put Hart at FS. I do not like him in the traditional SS role.

Clinton told me that we will run a lot of Cover 1 and Cover 4 this year. In Cover One, that is where I would like to see Hart at FS and not SS.

In Cover 4, they are both out there covering their 1/4th of their respective zones and over the top so there is no FS in center field in that alignment.

PS....MY sig is wrong and has Hart listed as FS. I need to get it changed.

7. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    There is no reason whatsoever for Jamal to play against the Rams and Norv needs to sit him no matter how Jamal feels about it.

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Don't worry too much. Jamal was out of the boot and practicing yesterday.

9. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I would let the fat boy play one series if Jamal is adamant about it and then shut his fatass down. :yes:

10. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    I am in total agreement with you guys on mcree, he had his chance to shine and let it go. With such a well balanced D we get pressure, have solid coverage, it is a shame to see us get beat over the top so often. I think hart and weddle should be the starting tandem then it would be their jobs to lose. I think that given the chance to shine these two would make the best fs/ss tandem in the league, and if it doesn't work we could always swap mcree back in.

11. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    The knee that Waters strained is not the one with the torn acl from last year. It's his other knee.

As for McCree, he's only entering his sixth season. I seriously doubt he has lost a step. Just because he misplayed a pass on the first drive of preseason doesn't mean that he has lost a step.

In the Pats first preseason game, they had less than 250 yards of total offense. I wonder if their fans are freaking out about it the way ours are. As fans, we need to have a little more faith in this team. One bad play does not mean a player is a liability.

12. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    boltssbbound is right...we need to have some faith in our players. The world is not coming to an end, and McCree is not going to F up big time every other play. I know we're all on the edge of our seats here, but we will be OK.

13. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    i agree, he is the LT of the D i say sit him till the bears game

14. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    Hart is not a ballhawk.. the dude is more like a chickenhead.

15. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Ah ****, here we go :icon_eek:

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Look dude you were the one pimping Art Shell as our next coach and Randy Moss as a Charger. Who da chickenhead? :lol: :icon_shrug:

17. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    I think McCree will be fine, but I must admit I am tired of seeing the safeties leaving Jammer out to dry. When I saw that play on Sunday I wanted to bang my head against the wall.

I am worried about Jamal's foot too, but from all indications it doesn't seem too bad, so my sky isn't falling. You can bet the coaches and trainers know a lot more than we do about the condition of Jamal's foot, and will do the right thing to keep the cornerstone of our defense healthy.

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    And you ain't got no Sig to defend :icon_evil:

19. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    HAHA come on now, that was only a joke.

20. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    its not that i think the world is coming to an end, I never really liked mccree, never, he is ok, but i want something special. The pre-season game was just showing why I am not a huge mccree fan is all. I am sure they will get it worked out, but I have always wanted a big time FS.

I don;t put a ton on what happens in pre-season, I just took the chance to bash mccree :)

21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    As a matter of fact, look at your boy and his chicken head. I found his separated at birth twin or maybe a pic of Eric in that garage/cave they found him in after the Patriots game.

[​IMG]

22. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    haha why you player hating.... Dude is mad, he is going to better than ever this year. P88f guarantee or tailgatter is on me.

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Defend your boy :abq2:

24. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    good thing for this bolt cash business haha

25. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Kiffin has Mono!:icon_rofl:

26. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    He realized there is no cure. For the Raiders offense, that is.:lol:

27. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    McCree will never be a pro bowler, but he is a veteran influence and the guy that gets everybody in the right position. He might give up an occasional play, but his leadership is one of the biggest reasons that our pass defense was so much better last year.

28. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I think we need a SS more than a FS

Weddle is a much better option as a FS, and honestly, McCree would be MUCH better suited as an in-the-box SS, but i think thats a job that Hart/Jue can do as well

Hope one of those 2 can beat out McCree and then have them start opposite Weddle this year

29. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Weddle will be THE ballhawk on this club. Take it to the bank, make a deposit and have them put that in the vault beeatch!