1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Two NFL teams will move to Los Angeles in 2010

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by Workplay, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    :icon_rofl:

2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    fcuk LA

:tdown:

3. BillingsBoltFan

BillingsBoltFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    "Workplaying with myself",you need to get better informed!

4. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    I'm curious, and I hope this doesn't get me banned as it's an honest query....why do you guys spell fu*ck (purposefully spelled that way, because I don't want to break rules...if there are in fact rules that prohibit the use of the word) that way? Is that supposed to be a dodge to avoid the rules, or is there some other reason? The intent is the same regardless of how the word is spelled, and it isn't like no one knows that. So, what is the point?

5. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    good question, I have no idea why they stop some words but allow other forms of the same thing.

Speaking for myself, I use it in cases where no other emotion can describe what I feel about the topic for which it is pointed.

:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,388
    Is it just me or does workplay remind everyone of p00f/mountaindew?

7. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :lol:

don't encourage him

:lol:

8. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Thanks for the response. I appreciate that.

9. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Cant see rooting for LA Chargers been San Diego Charger fan for about 25 yrs. :no: This cant happen. :icon_evil:

10. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    The divisions in the AFC are so off as it is. I think there was some behind closed doors kind of stuff to get the Colts out of the AFC east away from the Patriots :yes:

The AFC should be:

East: Pats, Jets, Bills, Ravens
    North: Bengals, Browns, Colts, Steelers
    South: JAX, Miami, Tennessee, Kansas City
    West: San Diego, Oakland, Denver, Houston

Or if you want to keep the AFC West "AFL" teams together, just keep the west as is.

But that's how it should be. No way the Colts need to be in the South being right next door to Cincy on the map, and Baltimore in the North over on the east coast close to the Pats.

Forget rivalries, new ones will start within new divisions. At least make it accurate IMO.

11. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    If the Vikings left Minnesota after being there for all these years, it would crush the state of Minnesota.

The L.A. Vikings ???:no:

The L.A. Jaguars ??? I could see that.

The L.A. Raiders ??? Why not, it happened before.

The L.A. Bills, never happen, who would support them???

The L.A. Rams, why not bring 'em back :tup:

Bring back the Rams and Raiders, put the Rams in our division, swap out KC to the NFC. :icon_rofl:

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Usually a satire includes some truth.
    The ONLY (some what) truth I see is that Al Davis might be regretting moving back to Oakland.

13. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,923
    While this is true, the news being reported by the satire (Rams and Raiders are moving back to LA) is obviously false.

14. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,174
    I don't know about the rest, but I am calling bullshit on this whole thread. Someone call a troll exterminator...

Pointy :tdown:

15. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    I thought people from San Diego were chill. :icon_huh:

I guess it's my fault for putting this is the Smack Talk thread. :icon_shrug:

16. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    Bills would have to change their name for obvious reasons.
    Jags lease is up in 2030.
    Roski said it's 50/50 LA will have a team in 2010 and 100% in 2011. Vikings lease is up in 2011.
    Rams would have to be bought, they have a new stadium.
    Chargers can move whenever. If San Diego wants the Chargers, they need to build a new stadium, pronto. Chargers aren't going to wait around hoping for a new stadium in SD when there's an available one being built 2 1/2 hours north.

If one team moves to Los Angeles first, they can petition to prevent another team from coming along later. The Raider's lease is up in 2013, so hopefully that's too late.

17. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    The thing is this.

Roski will want Ownership of 1 of the Teams that moves.

It is going to be very hard for any owner to sell off their team to Roski.

It is going to be hard for 1 team to move let alone 2 teams move to LA.

I will not be a fan of the Los Angeles Chargers if they are the team that moves because of the Gang thing in LA and for me to want to go to a game there. I will be killed. Way too many people will be killed because if they want to wear the Chargers Gear, so it is that reason alone I will stop being a fan. That is why I think the Chargers will stay in San Diego.

18. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    This is all true but I'm ok with rooting for the LA Chargers should it come to that. I live in NorCal now so I don't think it would be as much of a problem to show some team loyalty. I fell in love with the Chargers and I'll follow them if they're San Diego's team or not.

19. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    Roski wants 40% ownership. That's negotiable, plus with the money Roski brings in, he can make an argument that he'll increase revenue by more than 40% by making the team rich like the Redskins and Cowboys. Never underestimate the power of good marketing. Roski IS an owner of the Lakers.:yes: I'm sure whichever team comes to LA will make the playoffs consistently and win Super Bowls.

As for the gang image, Chargers don't have that. Neither do the Dodgers or Lakers. The team we have to worry about is the Raiders... or the Bills if they move here and change their name and team colors to something gang-friendly, like the Bandits or something.

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Go back to where you came from.

21. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    First this, Roski at first wants the 40% Ownership which leads into what he also wants not just the 40% Ownership but complete ownership of the Franchise and again I doubt any other owner that would get into an agreement with Roski will want to sell off the entire team eventually.

Here is this the Gang Problem, the Raider Fans who do not like what so ever the Chargers and their fans in which the Raider Fans that are also Gang members that will kill the Chargers fans for wearing the Chargers gear and supporting the Chargers.

So all in all the 1 of 2 teams would first have to sell to Roski and the team would have to be not disliked by other fans who were there before like the Los Angeles Raider Fans.

The 2 teams that I think that could possibly move are any that are in the AFC West or NFC West Teams, We could see the Los Angeles Seahawks, Los Angeles 49ers or Los Angeles Rams again. Those teams are from the NFC West. I doubt very highly it will be the Arizona Cardinals because of their Shiny New Stadium. Now for the AFC West Teams, I could see the Los Angeles Raiders again and Los Angeles Chiefs but I doubt the San Diego Chargers because of the Spanos Family would not sell off any part or all of the team or Denver Broncos Because Denver would fight to keep the team and then they would not move.

Now Workplay why do you say that there will be the 2 Teams in LA and why do you think it is the San Diego Chargers that will move?

What information do you have on the 2 team thing that are all Facts in Articles from the LA Area?

I am having a hard time seeing 2 NFL Franchises in Los Angeles let alone 1 Team. That is why we need to know from Articles you have seen that there will be 2 Teams in LA so you can post all of them here to show what you are coming from.

22. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    What's the obvious reason the Bills would change their name??? Rams, Raiders, Cardinals, Colts, Chargers, all kept their names.

The Ravens were still called the Baltimore Browns for a milisecond back in the day. Not very often do you get a team to change names completly, even in other sports (NBA, MLB). It only happens maybe once every 6 times a team moves to another city.

L.A. Rams, St. Louis Rams
    Oakland Raiders, L.A. Raiders, Oakland Raiders
    Baltimore Colts, Indianapolis Colts
    St. Louis Cardinals, Phoenix Cardinals, Arizona Cardinals
    L.A. Chargers, San Diego Chargers
    New York Titans, New York Jets

New Orleans Jazz, Utah Jazz
    Charlotte Hornets, New Orleans Hornets
    Vancouver Grizzlies, Memphis Grizzlies
    Minneapolis Lakers, L.A. Lakers

Brooklyn Dodgers, L.A. Dodgers.
    N.Y. Giants (baseball), San Francisco Giants

This is just a few off the top of my head. Even the Oilers stayed the Oilers for awhile after going to Tennessee. Nicknames in other cities don't make sense when they move.

The Lakers in minneapolis makes sense, but not in L.A.
    The Jazz make sense in N.O., but not in Utah.

The teams never changed thier names for whatever reason. What would the Bills be called?? It would have to be something the NFL owned the rights to like the TITANS, or the TEXANS. Those teams got those names because the NFL already had the rights to them, instead of giving them new names. If I was an owner of one of those teams, I would want my own team name, not the old Dallas Texans name, or the New York Titans name.

That's why I think they will keep their nicknames if a team moves to L.A., so I don't think it's obvious the Bills would change their name.

23. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    They're named after Buffalo Bill Cody. If they're not in Buffalo, there's no reason to be called the Bills.

24. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    49er's are getting a new stadium in Santa Rosa. The Seahawks and Rams have new stadiums. It's all going to come down to who wants to sell off 40% of their team. If a team wants a new stadium but doesn't want to sell, there's the Alamodome in San Antonio.

This is the reason why I find this so intriguing. We don't know who's coming to LA, We can only speculate. That's why I looked up who has what lease, who wants to move, and who's not making enough money. We could very well see SEVERAL teams clamoring for the two spots in Los Angeles. There is also the chance of a dark horse, like the Jets or some other team nobody saw coming.

Damn, I can't wait for the off-season! :flag:

25. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,923
    There's no reason for a basketball team in Utah to be called the Jazz or a team in Los Angeles to be called the Lakers. :icon_shrug:

26. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
  27. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890

Houston We have a HUGE PROBLEM.

No Tailgating what so ever. :tdown:

Just Local Businesses that will go in for pre-game festivities. :tdown:

Also where is the Parking?

There will be a logistical Nightmare getting into and out of that Stadium. The 60/Pomona FWY and the 57/Orange FWY are the only Freeways into and out of the Stadium. Bad very bad indeed.

I doubt they are considering the Disabled into this Stadium as well.

This Stadium Idea is looking like a Disaster ready to Happen.

28. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    The Rams don't have a new stadium. They'd like one.

29. CraziFuzzy

CraziFuzzy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    I also see it more likely that the Chargers end up in Walnut than the Rams. For the die hard San Diego Chargers fans, keep in mind that currently, it's only just under 2 hours drive from Qualcom to LA Stadium... and if/when the high-speed rail project gets finished, it's only like a 60 minute trip... one that can be done asleep/hungover.. ;-)

30. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    That makes no difference at all.

Didn't you read my post???

Sometimes teams keep their names even if it makes no sense at all.